Youthmaxxing

D

Deleted member 3577

Iron
As a 24 year old male who is starting to show signs of aging, I am becoming interested in doing everything I can to preserve my youth. This means having smooth, wrinkle-free skin as well as a full, healthy head of hair.

A few things about me if anyone is interested:

1) I have a neotonous facial structure, which means that I have in the past focused on dimorphism-maxxing. The obvious thing I did was lifting, but the less obvious one was using minoxidil on my face in order to grow a permanent beard (which has been done with success). The unfortunate side-effect to this is that I seem to have traded my youthful skin in order to get my beard: minoxidil is known to have the capability of wreaking havoc to collagen production, and it seems like that is exactly what it has done to me as my skin quality is remarkably lower than it used to be, with the beginning of nasolabial folds showing as well as a few wrinkles that weren't there before. I think that from the day that I was born, I was never particularly blessed in collagen production, as I have always taken quite a long time to heal my scars, which I think is a sign of poor collagen production.

2) Due to bad genes, I have always had pretty sparse hair and a high hairline, which means that I should have always been focusing on hair-maxxing. I didn't; on the contrary, during my quest for dimorphism-maxxing, I was attracted to a website which talks about a certain Dr. Ray Peat and his controversial opinions on health, and I was attracted to the running theory on their forums which goes as such: balding is not due to DHT contrary to what is commonly believed, and mainly due to high estrogen and prolactin as well as a slow thyroid. I thought: cool, I can focus on lowering estrogen and prolactin as well as raising DHT and my metabolism, and I shouldn't have any problems, only gains. I subsequently bought a topical solution of androsterone (a potent androgen which converts into other forms of androgen, mainly DHT) which I applied at low doses on my body: the effects it had on my mood and way of thinking were remarkably positive, as well as having what seemed to be pheromonal effects towards women, but I suspect that this contributed to my thinning hairline. For a long time I was coping, thinking "nah, it's not that bad and the effects on my mood are just too great to stop taking this stuff," so I was taking it longer than I should have, but now I can't deny the evidence: my hair is really bad these days, and it's likely that the regular low dose of androsterone contributed to it. I still have positive opinions on the theories about estrogen and prolactin being big contributors to hairloss, but I think they've got the wrong idea about DHT. I've obviously stopped taking it now, and I'm crossing my fingers that by returning to my base hormonal levels, my hair might come back over time.

3) There was a period beginning of last year where I was taking MK-677 and during that time, my hairline, skin and the darkness of my eyebrows were God-tier levels. As such, I have ordered a bottle which is on its way, as I believe this will hopefully help bring back my hairline to its original state.

TL;DR: I want better skin and hair.

I have been scouring the internet for information to help me in my quest to youthmax, and I have noticed that the information is scattered all over the place, mainly between different threads, and I wish to bring all the information I have come across so far into one thread. There is also some info that seems to be missing altogether on these forums which I have acquired elsewhere, one example being ginseng which doesn't seem to be mentioned at all here, even though there is scientific research pointing to the fact that ginsenosides are a very potent youthmaxxing ingredient with positive effects on both skin and hair.

Note: I wish to hairmax without using finasteride or minoxidil, as the former has negative effects on masculinity which isn't something I can afford to trade away (my neoteny which I have previously mentioned; dimorphism-maxxing is also something I need to continue pursuing in parallel), and the latter has negative effects on collagen production which is something I am trying to increase for an overall strategy in youthmaxxing.

Note: I have done retin-A for skin health in the past, mainly during the time that I was using minoxidil for beard growth, as I was telling myself that I was countering the minoxidil's negative effects on collagen by putting retin-A on my face. Unfortunately, it seems that retin-A is not a product made for everyone, as it made my skin look unnatural and pretty shit-tier no matter how long I used it for. I was coping by telling myself that over time, my skin will look better, but no, retin-A just gave me this unnatural, plastic-like shine that honestly did not look aesthetically pleasing at all. It might still be something other people can try and experiment with as it has ample research providing evidence for its positive effects on collagen, but I'm skipping this one personally.

Dermarolling, dermastaming, dermapen: I have seen controversies surrounding this subject. Personally, I have dermarolled my skin in the past in order to heal my acne scars, and it made my skin even worse than it was, so I have given up on using this method for any purpose related to skin health and appearance. However, I am still open to using it to help return my original hairline, and perhaps also on my beard and eyebrows to increase the blood flow, collagen and thus darkness of facial hair. I have ordered a dermapen (Dr. Pen Ultima M5) which is on its way, and I'll be using it on hair, eyebrows and beard when it arrives.

Red light therapy: this seems to be very good at improving all kinds of things, notably: collagen production, hair & skin health, and hormonal health. I have purchased an expensive red light that is often promoted on the forums I have mentioned earlier, but it's probably not necessary to buy anything super fancy. Here is a compilation document which regroups all the research surrounding this subject:

Daily scalp massage for increased blood flow.

Daily oral consumption of:
MSM + vitamin C for collagen production
Hydrolised collagen
Sufficient protein for providing the building blocks of healthy hair
Taurine which does some shit related to "fibrosis" or something that's supposed to promote hair growth
Horsetail (for its content in silica, which is good for skin and hair)
Brewer's yeast (for its B vitamins)
Niacinamide (also a B vitamin, but an extra dose of this)
P-5-P (also a B vitamin, lowers prolactin)
Panax Ginseng (ginsenosides as a youthmaxxing ingredient)
Ibutamoren (a.k.a MK-677 for growth hormone)
For healthy hormonal levels: zinc, magnesium, selenium from Brazil nuts, iodine, vitamin K2 MK-4, vitamin D3, basically adequate levels of all vitamins and minerals to help the body function optimally. I also take an expensive brand of shilajit which has many trace minerals, fulvic acid and all kinds of other shit that is supposed to also help in promoting and maintaining overall health.

Note: I have some KSM-66 (ashwagandha) which has positive effects on hormonal health, mood, exercising and neurotypicalmaxxing, but I am still undecided as to whether this has any positive effects on hair health.

Note: According to my research, mega-dosing with biotin seems to be a popular practice among people wanting to hairmax, but it seems that is not backed by any scientific evidence. There may be adverse health effects in over-supplementing with this vitamin. Feel free to chime in if you disagree with anything I'm writing by the way.

Topical application of aloe vera gel on both face and hair for increased collagen production as well as other anti-fungal and vitamin-related benefits.

Water-based topical applications for hair growth:

Caffeine
Niacinamide
Melatonin
Taurine
There's also some shit related to succinic acid / ATP production which is supposed to be good for hair growth, not too well versed in this stuff yet, will edit later when I studycel this stuff a bit more.

Note: The combination of caffeine and aspirin also seems to be good for skin, acting as a natural sunscreen (which is good for maintaining skin longevity) as well as reducing facial bloating.

Note: There's one internet forum page that I came across talking about putting boron on your hair for promoting growth, but when I googled topical effects of boron on hair, I found scientific studies that were talking about boron being the cause of reversible alopecia in people who were exposed to it due to their jobs, so I'm pretty sure that the guy who wrote that was wrong.

Oil-based applications for hair growth:

Peppermint essential oil (controversy surrounding this subject, also the studies have only been done on rodents)
Lavender oil
Other essential oils

Note: According to my research, topical castor oil seems to be a popular practice among people wanting to hairmax, but it seems that is not backed by any scientific evidence. Probably not a bad thing to do though as it has anti-fungal and vitamin-related properties to it.

Carrier oils such as jojoba oil, argan oil, coconut oil are often mentioned. I will research this a bit more.

There is also this HQ comment on this HQ thread (https://looksmax.org/threads/collagen-maxing-guide-gtfih.28058/) which mentions the following for collagen-maxxing for facial skin:

Agireline
Matrixyl 3000
Snap-8
Hyaluronic Acid
Pentrapeptide-18
Syn-Ake
Syn-Coll
Syn-Tacks
L-cysteine
Glycine
Polyphenols

Will edit this thread later when I have some time by providing links to scientific articles backing the shit I'm writing + more details etc. so that this thread becomes higher quality, for now I'll just leave it like this. Feel free to add more information if you have some.

• +1
Reactions: GalacticHero, Deleted member 15827, vHenri and 4 others
d

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043 and Deleted member 2205
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this because of your grammar.

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 3577
This was a lot of word pasta...to say that you’re taking some supplement, taking mk677 and eating a better diet..

I wish you luck nonetheless..

At 24 most people shouldn’t show much signs of aging yet (given their hairline is in tact and they don’t do terrible things for bemselves like smoke a pack of cigarettes a day or exposed to bad air on the daily)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and Deleted member 3043
can't be done you're way past your prime. Go get a job or something.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and Deleted member 3577
Interesting write-up. I don't think you're going to get very far on the hairloss train without an anti-androgen like finastride. I was also hesitant on taking it and finally decided to do so, I'm picking up the last of my supplies this weekend and will start taking it to preserve hair.
I urge you to check out this thread:
As well as this thread:
In order to get a better understanding of possible solutions for hair loss.
Looksmaxxing is about balance. If you want to manmax then you're going to lose your hair, unless you're a hyper-responder to RU or something. Dimorphism is kind of meme anyway IMO, the most attractive men have a mix of masculine and feminine qualities. You want to be masculine, sure, but is the body hair and beard from DHT going to make up for being bald? Nope.
Also, for anti-aging, I highly recommend fasting. We've begun to notice insane anti-aging benefits from it. I don't have one concise link, but to learn more about that, google "fasting and autophagy", "fasting and inflammation", and "inflammation and aging" and read up.
I'll continue to monitor the thread as you seem like a knowledgeable dude.

• +1
Reactions: zeshama
I'm 27. In the next 3 years you will notice some significant differences.

Gotta love this regurgitating of old threads and creating a "guide" posts...

I kid, good stuff. What product do you rec for red light therapy?

Last edited:
Forever young
I want to be forever young
Do you really want to live forever?
Forever, and ever

• So Sad
Reactions: LordNorwood and Deleted member 685
its just a song bro, why you don't sing with me ?
Forever young
I want to be forever young
Do you really want to live forever?
Forever young
i want to live forever young fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Last edited:
Anti aging:
-Retain THICK, DENSE hair (nw2 max)
-retain clear tight skin, no wrinkles (glow help but not really necessary)
-dont let bones sag(tongue posture i guess)
-retain health, bodily and brain functions
-remain lean

Last edited:
how to retain clear tight skin? specifically forhead wrinkles

Guys, call me retarded but I can't find the edit button, wtf.

I forgot to mention copper peptides in the list of topical stuff.

Edit: So I can edit replies but not the OP?

Edit2:

Interesting write-up. I don't think you're going to get very far on the hairloss train without an anti-androgen like finastride. I was also hesitant on taking it and finally decided to do so, I'm picking up the last of my supplies this weekend and will start taking it to preserve hair.
I urge you to check out this thread:
As well as this thread:
In order to get a better understanding of possible solutions for hair loss.
Looksmaxxing is about balance. If you want to manmax then you're going to lose your hair, unless you're a hyper-responder to RU or something. Dimorphism is kind of meme anyway IMO, the most attractive men have a mix of masculine and feminine qualities. You want to be masculine, sure, but is the body hair and beard from DHT going to make up for being bald? Nope.
Also, for anti-aging, I highly recommend fasting. We've begun to notice insane anti-aging benefits from it. I don't have one concise link, but to learn more about that, google "fasting and autophagy", "fasting and inflammation", and "inflammation and aging" and read up.
I'll continue to monitor the thread as you seem like a knowledgeable dude.

I agree with you about the balance. It's why I stopped taking that androsterone stuff: even though I felt really great, it's not worth losing hair over masculinity. I also didn't get my beard through anything related to increased male hormones, but by cheating it into existence with minoxidil. The illusion of dimorphism is enough for me. It fucked up my collagen though so now I need to make up for that.

I have a bit of a cute baby face thing going on. Having a beard and a muscular body balanced things out in the right direction, the beard countering the neotonous facial structure. Being bald + neotonous is over though, I can't afford losing hair which is why I need to do my very best to hairmax.

I'm not going to risk becoming more beta through finasteride until everything else fails, because I'm hoping I can get there all the while preserving the small amount of natural masculinity this body has.

Gotta love this regurgitating of old threads and creating a "guide" posts...

I kid, good stuff. What product do you rec for red light therapy?

I'm a lazy guy and money isn't too much of an issue so I went for a Red Light Device Mini by Red Light Man as it has quite a lot of positive reviews on the Ray Peat forums, but you can probably do the same thing for much cheaper if you know what you're doing.
OK I get it now, you can only edit your stuff within half an hour of posting. Damn, I was planning on tweaking the OP in order to perfect it over time, seems like that plan's gone to shit.

About intermittent fasting, I've seen controversies surrounding this subject so I'll make up my mind after reading all sides of the arguments. There are people who think that fasting actually fucks you up.
Oh OK so posting multiple times also regroups your posts into the first one. Weird forum tbh.

Last edited:
As a 24 year old male who is starting to show signs of aging, I am becoming interested in doing everything I can to preserve my youth. This means having smooth, wrinkle-free skin as well as a full, healthy head of hair.

A few things about me if anyone is interested:

1) I have a neotonous facial structure, which means that I have in the past focused on dimorphism-maxxing. The obvious thing I did was lifting, but the less obvious one was using minoxidil on my face in order to grow a permanent beard (which has been done with success). The unfortunate side-effect to this is that I seem to have traded my youthful skin in order to get my beard: minoxidil is known to have the capability of wreaking havoc to collagen production, and it seems like that is exactly what it has done to me as my skin quality is remarkably lower than it used to be, with the beginning of nasolabial folds showing as well as a few wrinkles that weren't there before. I think that from the day that I was born, I was never particularly blessed in collagen production, as I have always taken quite a long time to heal my scars, which I think is a sign of poor collagen production.

2) Due to bad genes, I have always had pretty sparse hair and a high hairline, which means that I should have always been focusing on hair-maxxing. I didn't; on the contrary, during my quest for dimorphism-maxxing, I was attracted to a website which talks about a certain Dr. Ray Peat and his controversial opinions on health, and I was attracted to the running theory on their forums which goes as such: balding is not due to DHT contrary to what is commonly believed, and mainly due to high estrogen and prolactin as well as a slow thyroid. I thought: cool, I can focus on lowering estrogen and prolactin as well as raising DHT and my metabolism, and I shouldn't have any problems, only gains. I subsequently bought a topical solution of androsterone (a potent androgen which converts into other forms of androgen, mainly DHT) which I applied at low doses on my body: the effects it had on my mood and way of thinking were remarkably positive, as well as having what seemed to be pheromonal effects towards women, but I suspect that this contributed to my thinning hairline. For a long time I was coping, thinking "nah, it's not that bad and the effects on my mood are just too great to stop taking this stuff," so I was taking it longer than I should have, but now I can't deny the evidence: my hair is really bad these days, and it's likely that the regular low dose of androsterone contributed to it. I still have positive opinions on the theories about estrogen and prolactin being big contributors to hairloss, but I think they've got the wrong idea about DHT. I've obviously stopped taking it now, and I'm crossing my fingers that by returning to my base hormonal levels, my hair might come back over time.

3) There was a period beginning of last year where I was taking MK-677 and during that time, my hairline, skin and the darkness of my eyebrows were God-tier levels. As such, I have ordered a bottle which is on its way, as I believe this will hopefully help bring back my hairline to its original state.

TL;DR: I want better skin and hair.

I have been scouring the internet for information to help me in my quest to youthmax, and I have noticed that the information is scattered all over the place, mainly between different threads, and I wish to bring all the information I have come across so far into one thread. There is also some info that seems to be missing altogether on these forums which I have acquired elsewhere, one example being ginseng which doesn't seem to be mentioned at all here, even though there is scientific research pointing to the fact that ginsenosides are a very potent youthmaxxing ingredient with positive effects on both skin and hair.

Note: I wish to hairmax without using finasteride or minoxidil, as the former has negative effects on masculinity which isn't something I can afford to trade away (my neoteny which I have previously mentioned; dimorphism-maxxing is also something I need to continue pursuing in parallel), and the latter has negative effects on collagen production which is something I am trying to increase for an overall strategy in youthmaxxing.

Note: I have done retin-A for skin health in the past, mainly during the time that I was using minoxidil for beard growth, as I was telling myself that I was countering the minoxidil's negative effects on collagen by putting retin-A on my face. Unfortunately, it seems that retin-A is not a product made for everyone, as it made my skin look unnatural and pretty shit-tier no matter how long I used it for. I was coping by telling myself that over time, my skin will look better, but no, retin-A just gave me this unnatural, plastic-like shine that honestly did not look aesthetically pleasing at all. It might still be something other people can try and experiment with as it has ample research providing evidence for its positive effects on collagen, but I'm skipping this one personally.

Dermarolling, dermastaming, dermapen: I have seen controversies surrounding this subject. Personally, I have dermarolled my skin in the past in order to heal my acne scars, and it made my skin even worse than it was, so I have given up on using this method for any purpose related to skin health and appearance. However, I am still open to using it to help return my original hairline, and perhaps also on my beard and eyebrows to increase the blood flow, collagen and thus darkness of facial hair. I have ordered a dermapen (Dr. Pen Ultima M5) which is on its way, and I'll be using it on hair, eyebrows and beard when it arrives.

Red light therapy: this seems to be very good at improving all kinds of things, notably: collagen production, hair & skin health, and hormonal health. I have purchased an expensive red light that is often promoted on the forums I have mentioned earlier, but it's probably not necessary to buy anything super fancy. Here is a compilation document which regroups all the research surrounding this subject:

Daily scalp massage for increased blood flow.

Daily oral consumption of:
MSM + vitamin C for collagen production
Hydrolised collagen
Sufficient protein for providing the building blocks of healthy hair
Taurine which does some shit related to "fibrosis" or something that's supposed to promote hair growth
Horsetail (for its content in silica, which is good for skin and hair)
Brewer's yeast (for its B vitamins)
Niacinamide (also a B vitamin, but an extra dose of this)
P-5-P (also a B vitamin, lowers prolactin)
Panax Ginseng (ginsenosides as a youthmaxxing ingredient)
Ibutamoren (a.k.a MK-677 for growth hormone)
For healthy hormonal levels: zinc, magnesium, selenium from Brazil nuts, iodine, vitamin K2 MK-4, vitamin D3, basically adequate levels of all vitamins and minerals to help the body function optimally. I also take an expensive brand of shilajit which has many trace minerals, fulvic acid and all kinds of other shit that is supposed to also help in promoting and maintaining overall health.

Note: I have some KSM-66 (ashwagandha) which has positive effects on hormonal health, mood, exercising and neurotypicalmaxxing, but I am still undecided as to whether this has any positive effects on hair health.

Note: According to my research, mega-dosing with biotin seems to be a popular practice among people wanting to hairmax, but it seems that is not backed by any scientific evidence. There may be adverse health effects in over-supplementing with this vitamin. Feel free to chime in if you disagree with anything I'm writing by the way.

Topical application of aloe vera gel on both face and hair for increased collagen production as well as other anti-fungal and vitamin-related benefits.

Water-based topical applications for hair growth:

Caffeine
Niacinamide
Melatonin
Taurine
There's also some shit related to succinic acid / ATP production which is supposed to be good for hair growth, not too well versed in this stuff yet, will edit later when I studycel this stuff a bit more.

Note: The combination of caffeine and aspirin also seems to be good for skin, acting as a natural sunscreen (which is good for maintaining skin longevity) as well as reducing facial bloating.

Note: There's one internet forum page that I came across talking about putting boron on your hair for promoting growth, but when I googled topical effects of boron on hair, I found scientific studies that were talking about boron being the cause of reversible alopecia in people who were exposed to it due to their jobs, so I'm pretty sure that the guy who wrote that was wrong.

Oil-based applications for hair growth:

Peppermint essential oil (controversy surrounding this subject, also the studies have only been done on rodents)
Lavender oil
Other essential oils

Note: According to my research, topical castor oil seems to be a popular practice among people wanting to hairmax, but it seems that is not backed by any scientific evidence. Probably not a bad thing to do though as it has anti-fungal and vitamin-related properties to it.

Carrier oils such as jojoba oil, argan oil, coconut oil are often mentioned. I will research this a bit more.

There is also this HQ comment on this HQ thread (https://looksmax.org/threads/collagen-maxing-guide-gtfih.28058/) which mentions the following for collagen-maxxing for facial skin:

Agireline
Matrixyl 3000
Snap-8
Hyaluronic Acid
Pentrapeptide-18
Syn-Ake
Syn-Coll
Syn-Tacks
L-cysteine
Glycine
Polyphenols

Will edit this thread later when I have some time by providing links to scientific articles backing the shit I'm writing + more details etc. so that this thread becomes higher quality, for now I'll just leave it like this. Feel free to add more information if you have some.

How do you apply caffeine on your hair for growth?
You simply put coffee in a water glass, mix it and then apply it? Could try it for eyebrows

How do you apply caffeine on your hair for growth?
You simply put coffee in a water glass, mix it and then apply it? Could try it for eyebrows

You buy caffeine pills broski.

• +1
Reactions: IWantToMax
You buy caffeine pills broski.
OH, was about to get them for gym maxing. You crush them and put them in water, and mix them then, I guess, am I right?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3577