I envy polyglots

Eternal_

Eternal_

✝️ DEUS VULT ✝️
It is a gift from God to be able to learn languages as quick as they do and keep track of them all, just as they do so well. The average polyglot IQ has to be 135-145 imo.

Being able to speak other people’s languages grants you a new level of connection with them and opens so so many doors for you.

Lucky bastards!

• +1
Reactions: Monobloc, vermillioncorefan, rand anon and 1 other person
Ah, true, only speak my mother language, English and some Japanese, but I wish I could speak Chinese

• +1
Reactions: Eternal_
Ah, true, only speak my mother language, English and some Japanese, but I wish I could speak Chinese

Same. Chinese people go wild when you can speak their language.

• +1
Reactions: 케이제이
Wow never thought a Korean would voluntarily learn Japanese

I understand that till now many Koreans (even the youth) still hate Japan with a passion.

• +1
Reactions: 케이제이 and vermillioncorefan
I speak three i can fully understand some other curry languages and few Japanese

• Woah
i wish i spoke ancient hebrew and koine greek

• +1
I got a pretty good talent for language. I’m sure I could pick up a new language if I ever bothered to try.

• +1
Reactions: vermillioncorefan and Eternal_
I speak three i can fully understand some other curry languages and few Japanese
The three in question: Hindi, Urdu, and Bengali. The holy trinity of curry languages. 1 language—3 essences.

The three in question: Hindi, Urdu, and Bengali. The holy trinity of curry languages. 1 language—3 essences.
English,hindi,bengali
hindi and urdu is same but i can understand Assamese, odia and some chinki language from northeast

Wow never thought a Korean would voluntarily learn Japanese

I understand that till now many Koreans (even the youth) still hate Japan with a passion.
Yes, the older generation but our generation actually see them as stylish, cool people

I know a few Korean that have moved to Japan

It is a gift from God to be able to learn languages as quick as they do and keep track of them all, just as they do so well. The average polyglot IQ has to be 135-145 imo.

Being able to speak other people’s languages grants you a new level of connection with them and opens so so many doors for you.

Lucky bastards!
I find it funny how many people here actually look down on speaking / learning foreign languages, muh "English supremacy" prohibits them from actually seeing the benefit of being multilingual. Yes learning multiple languages is easier if you have higher IQ, but I can guarantee that everyone here that puts enough effort in can learn at least one modern foreign language.

• +1
Not at all, many Europeans speak 3 or more languages and the average IQ of polylingual european country are the same to monolingual european countries which means polylingualosm does not increase average IQ.

Those polyglot youtube videos are fake btw.

Yes, the older generation but our generation actually see them as stylish, cool people

I know a few Korean that have moved to Japan
Heh but my experience with some young Koreans was that they still hate Japan and told me straight that they will never step foot into Japan. But you may have a point. I think most Korean youths are neutral about Japan but the significant loud minority hates Japan with a passion.

Where I worked last time when we had to deal with Koreans, my boss right up always made sure he never wore his Grand Seiko when we have meetings with Koreans

• +1
Reactions: 케이제이