What is the best way to workout/activate your lowerback?

K

Kirby7000

Diamond
So I have not been using my lowerback for years and its gotten really weak/ i forgot how to use it. It dont have lower back pain anymore because I think my upper back adapted to grow solarge and I mainly use my upper back. This has caused breathing problems tho and anteroir pelvic tilt and destroyed my face. I finally noticed after many years, doing deiberate back or adjacent exercises like supermans, glute kicks, squats, stretching back I can breathe better and my face looks way better.

I have been doing hundreds of supermans and lots of ab work. I can feel my ;lower back a little bit and it feels so good. Problem is I want more pressure and force on my lower back (kind of the opposite of what you want, but Im built like a science experiment now and my body just doesnt use my lower back)>

What exercises or holds can I do to target and destroy my lower back to fix my body? Even some of the more risky exercies for normal people and using improper form putting pressure on my lower back is advised bc my upper back naturally takes so much of the load.

Please dont say basic deadlift, they dont really help me much

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: likenesss and grief
Deadlifts, squats and most compound free weight exercises

Deadlift is the best though for lower bacm
the problem is my deadlift is very strong as ive been doing it all my life since youth and when doing deadlifts past a certain weight currently my breathing get me before my muscles fatigue ( my back in this case).

Deadlifts, squats and most compound free weight exercises
ive noticed squats help a lot, breathing gets me toward 5 or 6 reps, overhead press is probably one of the best noticed my breathing getting better.

I need something to target just my back like supermans or directly hits glutes. (supermans have been the best so far).

ive noticed squats help a lot, breathing gets me toward 5 or 6 reps, overhead press is probably one of the best noticed my breathing getting better.

I need something to target just my back like supermans or directly hits glutes. (supermans have been the best so far).
Hip thrusts.
Also how the fuck do you have a strong deadlift but your lower back is weak? Go to a doctor bro

• +1
Reactions: boss8055
I need something to target just my back
prisoner back extensions. it is really good and you can hold plates for more load

• +1
Reactions: RealNinja, krylx and boss8055
Hip thrusts.
Also how the fuck do you have a strong deadlift but your lower back is weak? Go to a doctor bro
Thrust were kinda good for me. I legit dont feel it anymore in my back. My upper back got really really big to compensate for my low back injurry i got when i hurt my knee. I also sit at the computer like 10 hours a day all my life with bad posture which might explain weak lower back. I may not be able to do 15 reps deadlift but i can do very heavy for reps and insane amount max

hyperextensions/reverse hyperextensions. good mornings and romanian deadlifts. if you are hinging properly there is no possible way for your upper back to take the load on RDLs/good mornings