list supplements/interventions that can delay puberty , menopause , or when applied during youth , extend lifespan

Youㅤ

Youㅤ

seriousmaxxing , only talk serious
most anti ageing supps are cope . even if they arent complete cope , they probably are when ur young . maybe they restore a biomarker so oldcels fare better , but this doesnt mean they actually slow ageing . therefore if they dont slow ageing , it would not be worth takeing in youth .

• melatonin can delay puberty in mice and potentially in humans . also can delay fecundity decline in mice and potentially menopause in humans . delaying things associated with ageing (puberty , menopause) is IMO more reason to think it delays ageing than something extending lifespan in mice . but melatonin has been shown to increase maximum lifespan in mice and fruit flies , so even better . melatonin actually starts to decline very early , peaking in early childhood , with a pronounced decline coincideing with puberty . and perhaps the further decline throughout adulthood contributes to the onset of menopause .

• lithium ? need more data on this but in fruit flies at least it increased lifespan mildly at 10 mM and insignificantly at 1 mM (in their food , yeast) when only given the first 1/4th of their lifespan . this means it couldnt have simply helped old flies cope with oldceldom and consequently extend lifespan , instead it probably slowed ageing . this is fly data but lithium did increase healthspan in mice and is associated with improved survival in humans . it is possible that lithium in early life impacted development somehow to extend lifespan later , and thus doesnt have to truly slow-ageing , but given the data in humans and mice , i think it likely does slow some aspects of ageing .

• resveratrol . this one has much hype for anti ageing and also much research . much controversy on whether it extends lifespan , but it has been shown to have many anti ageing effects , even if perhaps not strong enough to increase lifespan by much . one of these effects is it delays growth plate fusion (according to paper title , i didnt know rabbits growth plates fused:unsure:) in female rabbits . im too lazy to do more reading on resveratrol but would be interesting to see how it affects fecundity decline in mice .

• rapamycin . rapamycin for only 3 months in 20 month old male mice extended remaining lifespan by over 50% and maximum lifespan by slightly under 200 days , at a very high dose of 8 mg/kg per day (injection) . but in female counterparts at this dose it slightly reduced survival , perhaps due to increased haematopoietic tumorigenesis . although at 128pmm in chow it increased survival both male and females when used for 3 months . the mice overall lived longer after treatment , implying that ageing was slowed . this was in old mice tho , and i want to know if rapamycin slows ageing in youth . well i couldnt find study on rapamycin in early adulthood , but it does delay puberty in female mice and it does extend lifespan when given the first 45 days of life in mice .

• ethanol (alcohol) . delayed puberty in mice . unfortunately behind a paywal so i cant know the dosage .https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/0890623889900440ethanol also increase mouse lifespan , and drinking alcohol (but not too much) associated with better survival in humans . since it delay mouse puberty , hopefully it actually slows ageing instead of simply gives oldcels some extra stress tolerance or something .

please list more things that show promise on actually slowing ageing , not things for oldcels to cope with oldceldom but things to actually delay oldceldom . if anyone has any info on how NAD+ precursors could affect ageing in youth , mechanistically or with evidence such as puberty timeing or transient application in mice , please let me know about it .

• +1
Reactions: Alexios, nathan and BrahminBoss
rapamycin . rapamycin for only 3 months in 20 month old male mice extended remaining lifespan by over 50% and maximum lifespan by slightly under 200 days , at a very high dose of 8 mg/kg per day (injection) . but in female counterparts at this dose it slightly reduced survival , perhaps due to increased haematopoietic tumorigenesis . although at 128pmm in chow it increased survival both male and females when used for 3 months . the mice overall lived longer after treatment , implying that ageing was slowed . this was in old mice tho , and i want to know if rapamycin slows ageing in youth . well i couldnt find study on rapamycin in early adulthood , but it does delay puberty in female mice and it does extend lifespan when given the first 45 days of life in mice .
another study on transient early life rapamycin administration shows that the first 30 days but not day 30-60 extend lifespan significantly . but rapamycin from day 30-60 did extend extend lifespan , just below statistical significance . and remember rapamycin has extended lifespan in middle age and old age in mice , but it seems early is required for the imprint , whereas after that critical developmental stage , it slows ageing while in application but not after . this does not detract from the evidence that rapamycin will slow ageing in young adults .

• +1
Reactions: Alexios
Brutal 0 reply pill + bump

• +1
Reactions: Youㅤ
im 14.5 rn, do you think it would be smart for me to take melatonin or not

the only thing thats truly smart would be to learn about it urself and come to a conclusion

i dont give advice , but im willing to discuss science . i am not aware of any concerns with melatonin , as long as u buy a legit supplement , apart from potentially delayed puberty , which IMO is a good thing . i dont know how melatonin would impact puberty if ur already in the middle of it though , plus im not even sure how effective it is at delaying puberty or the exact nature of it .

• +1
Reactions: _looksmaxxer_
"Melatonin can impact TET proteins via the regulation of α-ketoglutarate level, thus promoting active DNA demethylation. Moreover, melatonin may also regulate DNMT, resulting in DNA methylation inhibition."

DNA methylation overall increases with age , perhaps melatonin delays puberty onset by slowing the methylation that induces puberty , and perhaps melatonin decreases during puberty to promote faster methylation to help drive puberty development .

in mice it can rejuvenate the thymus gland , which begins the process of involution (atrophy and replacement with fat) before puberty . perhaps it rejuvenates the thymus gland in mice by demethylateing the areas of the chromosomes responsible for promoteing thymus function .

• +1
Reactions: _looksmaxxer_
youth hormones pregnenolone, progesterone, dhea

• +1
another study on transient early life rapamycin administration shows that the first 30 days but not day 30-60 extend lifespan significantly . but rapamycin from day 30-60 did extend extend lifespan , just below statistical significance . and remember rapamycin has extended lifespan in middle age and old age in mice , but it seems early is required for the imprint , whereas after that critical developmental stage , it slows ageing while in application but not after . this does not detract from the evidence that rapamycin will slow ageing in young adults .
View attachment 2925913
Bump

• +1
most anti ageing supps are cope . even if they arent complete cope , they probably are when ur young . maybe they restore a biomarker so oldcels fare better , but this doesnt mean they actually slow ageing . therefore if they dont slow ageing , it would not be worth takeing in youth .

• melatonin can delay puberty in mice and potentially in humans . also can delay fecundity decline in mice and potentially menopause in humans . delaying things associated with ageing (puberty , menopause) is IMO more reason to think it delays ageing than something extending lifespan in mice . but melatonin has been shown to increase maximum lifespan in mice and fruit flies , so even better . melatonin actually starts to decline very early , peaking in early childhood , with a pronounced decline coincideing with puberty . and perhaps the further decline throughout adulthood contributes to the onset of menopause .

• lithium ? need more data on this but in fruit flies at least it increased lifespan mildly at 10 mM and insignificantly at 1 mM (in their food , yeast) when only given the first 1/4th of their lifespan . this means it couldnt have simply helped old flies cope with oldceldom and consequently extend lifespan , instead it probably slowed ageing . this is fly data but lithium did increase healthspan in mice and is associated with improved survival in humans . it is possible that lithium in early life impacted development somehow to extend lifespan later , and thus doesnt have to truly slow-ageing , but given the data in humans and mice , i think it likely does slow some aspects of ageing .

• resveratrol . this one has much hype for anti ageing and also much research . much controversy on whether it extends lifespan , but it has been shown to have many anti ageing effects , even if perhaps not strong enough to increase lifespan by much . one of these effects is it delays growth plate fusion (according to paper title , i didnt know rabbits growth plates fused:unsure:) in female rabbits . im too lazy to do more reading on resveratrol but would be interesting to see how it affects fecundity decline in mice .

• rapamycin . rapamycin for only 3 months in 20 month old male mice extended remaining lifespan by over 50% and maximum lifespan by slightly under 200 days , at a very high dose of 8 mg/kg per day (injection) . but in female counterparts at this dose it slightly reduced survival , perhaps due to increased haematopoietic tumorigenesis . although at 128pmm in chow it increased survival both male and females when used for 3 months . the mice overall lived longer after treatment , implying that ageing was slowed . this was in old mice tho , and i want to know if rapamycin slows ageing in youth . well i couldnt find study on rapamycin in early adulthood , but it does delay puberty in female mice and it does extend lifespan when given the first 45 days of life in mice .

• ethanol (alcohol) . delayed puberty in mice . unfortunately behind a paywal so i cant know the dosage .https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/0890623889900440ethanol also increase mouse lifespan , and drinking alcohol (but not too much) associated with better survival in humans . since it delay mouse puberty , hopefully it actually slows ageing instead of simply gives oldcels some extra stress tolerance or something .

please list more things that show promise on actually slowing ageing , not things for oldcels to cope with oldceldom but things to actually delay oldceldom . if anyone has any info on how NAD+ precursors could affect ageing in youth , mechanistically or with evidence such as puberty timeing or transient application in mice , please let me know about it .
Just wear sunscrrren and eat raw primal