Working out makes you shorter/stunts growth

ijustwanttobepretty

ijustwanttobepretty

Bronze
Working out make you shorter I am going to clear this discussion up in this thread

1. Your body has to use extra resources to build the muscle (which could be used to grow taller) + when you work out you use/burn some of your bodies resources as well.

2. Extra weight, you have more weight (more muscle) which will put more pressure on your spine compressing it more

3. Weightlifting will compress your bones / spines, over time this will make them permanently shorter / it also stresses the body which will make you shorter

BUT muhhh HIIT increases growth hormone, HIIT is BS only increase growth hormone for like 15 minutes lmao

I still dont get how people cope with the gym heres what girls care about in a list

1. Face
2. Height
3. Frame
4. Body fat
5. Muscle

PS: One of my friends dads was predicted to be 6'8 but he started lifting at 12 and grew to 6'1

NO GYM FOR YOUR FACE :soy:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: HardmaxxOrDeath, MaestheticMaso, IAMNOTANINCEL and 2 others
kys

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: RealNinja, ALTF4 and nathan
why is body fat it's own thing it's very heavily correlated with face

• +1
Reactions: mb2007 and ijustwanttobepretty
why is body fat it's own thing it's very heavily correlated with face
true idk its important for abs and lean face

• +1
Reactions: nathan

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: nathan and shizuku11111
imagine being a man in 2024, having to slave in 9-5, have a shit life, have no gf, and instead of chilling comfily at home and take a rest, you slave away another 1 hour in the gym brutally

• +1
Reactions: R@m@, Aero, atlantean and 2 others
Source? Or just gonna spout out pseudoscience

Also it doesnt increase growth hormone for an hour

It’s like a day bro

Do it 3 times a week and u have a frequent gh boost

• Hmm...
Reactions: ijustwanttobepretty
imagine being a man in 2024, having to slave in 9-5, have a shit life, have no gf, and instead of chilling comfily at home and take a rest, you slave away another 1 hour in the gym brutally
facts nigga if i dont have a cute ayran girlfriend i aint working

• +1
Reactions: hiwasuwor
Source? Or just gonna spout out pseudoscience

Also it doesnt increase growth hormone for an hour

It’s like a day bro

Do it 3 times a week and u have a frequent gh boost
some sources say 24 hours some say 12 some say under a hour its not clear, plus it wont do much anyway, everyting else i mentioned is just basic knowledge of gravity and how the body works, if u damage muscles your body is going to use reasources to heal them which could be used to grow taller

• +1
Reactions: IAMNOTANINCEL
some sources say 24 hours some say 12 some say under a hour its not clear, plus it wont do much anyway, everyting else i mentioned is just basic knowledge of gravity and how the body works, if u damage muscles your body is going to use reasources to heal them which could be used to grow taller
Bro

If you have high growth hormone you’ll get all the effects of growth hormone

Not just “muhhh it only effects muscles”

Bro

If you have high growth hormone you’ll get all the effects of growth hormone

Not just “muhhh it only effects muscles”
well hiit is counter intuitive as it also spikes cortisol which has been shown to lower growth hormone, plus gh doesnt do much for height its really igf-1 and you dont know if all the extra gh is even converting to extra igf-1

well hiit is counter intuitive as it also spikes cortisol which has been shown to lower growth hormone, plus gh doesnt do much for height its really igf-1 and you dont know if all the extra gh is even converting to extra igf-1
Dude arent u like 11?

Get on those sprints jfl

Cope, it's all genetics really unless you had GH deficiency while growing up your height is the product of your genes. Plenty of guys who started lifting early and ended up tall, if anything it boosts growth hormone.

• Hmm...
Cope, it's all genetics really unless you had GH deficiency while growing up your height is the product of your genes. Plenty of guys who started lifting early and ended up tall, if anything it boosts growth hormone.
it can defiantly stunt growth but yeah genetics are king

• +1
Reactions: It'snotover
it can defiantly stunt growth but yeah genetics are king
Yeah it only does to some degree if you go VERY HEAVY on compounds like deadlift/ squat which anyway most gym goers don't even care about so chances are slim

• +1
working out increases hgh thus making you taller

• JFL
Its a common cope. Maybe it could affect If you squatted 4 plates at 16, but nobody does that so in reality it doesnt matter. Curling 40 lbs isnt going to do anything Height Wise.

@MA_ascender brutal for u buddyboyo

I hate you retards constantly plastering misinformation all over this site. The only way lifting would stunt your growth is if you injure yourself in a way that stunts growth. Like going snap city and breaking bones.

All of the reasoning in your post is just shit you made up. Half the people on .org are literal 14 year olds. Guess what, doing normal shit like walking around and sitting down compresses your spine too. Thats why you’re slightly taller immediately after waking up. It’s normal for your spine to go through compression and decompression. You have musculature surrounding your spine that allows it to do that safely.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Flumaxxer
If that were true then every muscular person would be short and every skinny person would be tall. But this since this isn't true we see people of all shapes and sizes.

2. Studies show on average overweight people tend to be taller because they eat more food. Fucking retard.

3. Only applies to really heavy deadlifts n shit but I agree you need to lay off the heavy weights and deadlifts when young

Height is genetic buddy boyo kys

• JFL
Reactions: Arummm
I hate you retards constantly plastering misinformation all over this site. The only way lifting would stunt your growth is if you injure yourself in a way that stunts growth. Like going snap city and breaking bones.

All of the reasoning in your post is just shit you made up. Half the people on .org are literal 14 year olds. Guess what, doing normal shit like walking around and sitting down compresses your spine too. Thats why you’re slightly taller immediately after waking up. It’s normal for your spine to go through compression and decompression. You have musculature surrounding your spine that allows it to do that safely.
weight lifting compress it alot more than walking you cant compare those two things

If that were true then every muscular person would be short and every skinny person would be tall. But this since this isn't true we see people of all shapes and sizes.

2. Studies show on average overweight people tend to be taller because they eat more food. Fucking retard.

3. Only applies to really heavy deadlifts n shit but I agree you need to lay off the heavy weights and deadlifts when young

Height is genetic buddy boyo kys
yes height for the most part is genes but the gym can affect it still, were is the research on fat people growing taller, yes u need calories to grow but just eat how much u need if u go over that you will be fat and have more estrogen which closes plates faster, that literally makes no sense as to how fat peopel grow taller unless you are comparing them to starved mofos, the decompression isnt much but its still there

Working out make you shorter I am going to clear this discussion up in this thread

1. Your body has to use extra resources to build the muscle (which could be used to grow taller) + when you work out you use/burn some of your bodies resources as well.

2. Extra weight, you have more weight (more muscle) which will put more pressure on your spine compressing it more

3. Weightlifting will compress your bones / spines, over time this will make them permanently shorter / it also stresses the body which will make you shorter

BUT muhhh HIIT increases growth hormone, HIIT is BS only increase growth hormone for like 15 minutes lmao

I still dont get how people cope with the gym heres what girls care about in a list

1. Face
2. Height
3. Frame
4. Body fat
5. Muscle

PS: One of my friends dads was predicted to be 6'8 but he started lifting at 12 and grew to 6'1

NO GYM FOR YOUR FACE :soy:
I started lifting 2 years ago when I was 17 back then I was a strong 6'2 evening height now I'm 6'1.75 evening height

• +1
yes height for the most part is genes but the gym can affect it still, were is the research on fat people growing taller, yes u need calories to grow but just eat how much u need if u go over that you will be fat and have more estrogen which closes plates faster, that literally makes no sense as to how fat peopel grow taller unless you are comparing them to starved mofos, the decompression isnt much but its still there
It does make sense bruh. If you’re morbidly obese it doesn’t count because you’re gonna have too much estrogen like you said. But the more you eat the more nutrients you get therefore the more tall you’re likely to be