anti ageing scientists (rant)

Youㅤ

Youㅤ

seriousmaxxing , only talk serious
the so-called scientists just test the same thing over and over again , focus on the already established pathways like mTOR and IGF-1 , test muh caloric restriction and muh CR mimetics over and over and over and over and over just for marginal results .

what is the point ? we dont need a new CR study , a new rapamycin study . we need to look for new things , new compounds , or more complex combinations of existing interventions , or more intricate methods .

id like more studies on methylene blue , id like more studies on deuterated molecules

but noooo , muuuhhhhh caloric restriction . when at the same time they say its infeasible in humans , why test it ? at least test some new species , maybe u will get an unexpected realization if u do like a rabbit or a hamster or some completely different animal instead of a fucking mouse each time !

theyve been doing CR studies since early 1900's and a century later still are :lul:

methylene blue and deuterated PUFAs niggers !!!!

at least people like bill andrews trying to develop new compounds , based

• +1
Reactions: likenesss, Timmy, Jova and 2 others
bump yes, SENS approach was very ambitious, but we are a long way of extending human lifespan/healthspan. Also , Neuralink (and others alike) are a long way of developing an interface of Technology with a brain for cognition, etc.

• +1
Reactions: Youㅤ
bump yes, SENS approach was very ambitious, but we are a long way of extending human lifespan/healthspan. Also , Neuralink (and others alike) are a long way of developing an interface of Technology with a brain for cognition, etc.
if we want to have an idea of how much more time we may have b4 we extend lifespan radically , we need some idea on what the solution to ageing is

i dont know that the SENS approach is key , although i definitely think developing it would be helpful for anti ageing . removeing damage is a must if that damage is to accumulate over time and cant be fixed endogenously .

to me , david sinclairs work is more interesting . the information theory of ageing & the idea of turning ageing off .

then there is also bill andrew's work , which is interesting . certainly telomeres r a limit to cell divisions . i dont know the complexities of telomere dynamics within the myriad of cells in the human body , but if telomeres r shortening , this is a problem .

IMO , we need to look past the paradigm of CR & supplements .

CR is very interesting because it has worked in mice for a century & still nothing can really beat it . This shows me the organism will age slower if that is what is being signaled for it to do .

similarly , we r now seeing that we can reverse ageing with the right signals . yamaka factors . i think is would be expected because we know that people r not born old , and so we have in our biology the tools to reverseing ageing .

small molecules , if they r to be anti ageing , must be potent signalling molecules . theres no way that supplemening an ageing organism with some chemicals will radically affect the programmed ageing process . hormones like melatonin r promiseing . still , we need better control of our biology . we need to be able to efficiently and surely be able to express the genes we want to the degree we want & be able to stop telomere shortening . hopefully the SENS approach will make oldceldom less miserable while we make progress toward modulateing human ageing .

if we want to slow ageing right now , i can PM my current theories about radical lifestyle optimization . most people do not have ideas similar to mine when they approach the problem of ageing .

if we want to have an idea of how much more time we may have b4 we extend lifespan radically , we need some idea on what the solution to ageing is

i dont know that the SENS approach is key , although i definitely think developing it would be helpful for anti ageing . removeing damage is a must if that damage is to accumulate over time and cant be fixed endogenously .

to me , david sinclairs work is more interesting . the information theory of ageing & the idea of turning ageing off .

then there is also bill andrew's work , which is interesting . certainly telomeres r a limit to cell divisions . i dont know the complexities of telomere dynamics within the myriad of cells in the human body , but if telomeres r shortening , this is a problem .

IMO , we need to look past the paradigm of CR & supplements .

CR is very interesting because it has worked in mice for a century & still nothing can really beat it . This shows me the organism will age slower if that is what is being signaled for it to do .

similarly , we r now seeing that we can reverse ageing with the right signals . yamaka factors . i think is would be expected because we know that people r not born old , and so we have in our biology the tools to reverseing ageing .

small molecules , if they r to be anti ageing , must be potent signalling molecules . theres no way that supplemening an ageing organism with some chemicals will radically affect the programmed ageing process . hormones like melatonin r promiseing . still , we need better control of our biology . we need to be able to efficiently and surely be able to express the genes we want to the degree we want & be able to stop telomere shortening . hopefully the SENS approach will make oldceldom less miserable while we make progress toward modulateing human ageing .

if we want to slow ageing right now , i can PM my current theories about radical lifestyle optimization . most people do not have ideas similar to mine when they approach the problem of ageing .
as a 30 year old i take metformin and do cold showers daily (slight hormetic stress), you could probably say metformin is half assed exercise (ampk activation ) , indirectly inhibiting the mtor as well, at 35 i would start taking rapamycin . I see NAD+ precursors aren't showing any progress. Metformin as well isn't going anywhere (the tame trial is stalled in a way and would probably yield negligible results). Still rapamycin is the most potent CR Mimetic to day . I listen to siim land a lot . He is no scientist but very objective what is showing progress and what not. Still anti aging is just too complex to target, everything is entropic, and our body is no exception. I agree that a lot of things can be done naturally , just by exercise and good circadian rhythm, you are probably decelerating aging . Also Petter Attia advocates that VO2 max is a good way to incspect biological age . haven't really looked how horvach clock is an indicator of your biological age...

• JFL
Reactions: LegitUser
as a 30 year old i take metformin and do cold showers daily (slight hormetic stress), you could probably say metformin is half assed exercise (ampk activation ) , indirectly inhibiting the mtor as well, at 35 i would start taking rapamycin . I see NAD+ precursors aren't showing any progress. Metformin as well isn't going anywhere (the tame trial is stalled in a way and would probably yield negligible results). Still rapamycin is the most potent CR Mimetic to day .
yes i agree rapamycin is probably one of the most potent CR mimetics

I listen to siim land a lot . He is no scientist but very objective what is showing progress and what not.
two of my favorite anti ageingcels r https://joshmitteldorf.scienceblog.com/ & https://www.youtube.com/@AntiAgingBio

Still anti aging is just too complex to target, everything is entropic, and our body is no exception.
entropy does not apply to humans . we r an open system . its just an idea that the body must be entropic , but in reality this is not true . its all about evolution .