Elastics on An adult.

K

Kartikay_Bhab

Iron
18 Years old Male, Just got Elastics to pull my lower jaw forward (Thats what my ortho said), The elastic is class 2 to fix Deep overbite, So am Wondering If it will recess my maxilla or not Since am already 18 and My maxilla growth is pretty good (Forward and High cheekbones), So ask my question If it will recess my maxilla or Not.

• +1
Reactions: irkedphaggot
18 Years old Male, Just got Elastics to pull my lower jaw forward (Thats what my ortho said), The elastic is class 2 to fix Deep overbite, So am Wondering If it will recess my maxilla or not Since am already 18 and My maxilla growth is pretty good (Forward and High cheekbones), So ask my question If it will recess my maxilla or Not.
did you get retracted if yes then yes
if you didnt then no

Perhaps not but pulling out teeth could.

did you get retracted if yes then yes
if you didnt then no
Been 8 Months on braces, My teeth r almost perfect and Braces alone didn't pull back anything, My maxilla and Chin r both the same as before But I was Wondering if Elastics will recess any of them or None at all.

Although pulling out teeth is an option my ortho mentioned, But I will decline that option and get lower jaw surgery at 20
If you pull out teeth you could lose bone mass in maxilla and mandible.

If you pull out teeth you could lose bone mass in maxilla and mandible.
Nah I won't opt for it, I'll get lower jaw surgery instead if elastics don't pull my lower jaw out.