novanova123

Iron
Im currently 14.5 years old and 5'10
My dad is 5'11 and mom is 5'5
Both have tall sides on their family my mom's brother is 6'3
My dads brother is 6'5
My doctor says I will be 6'1 to 6'3 and I think thats probably accurate
What do you guys think?

ask your parents when they stopped growing and you will know if you have growth left in the tank

no one can predict that..

you should be happy with 5'10 because you have a 5'5 mom. when i was 14 i was like 5'2

no one can predict that..

you should be happy with 5'10 because you have a 5'5 mom. when i was 14 i was like 5'2
a 5"5 mum is a 5"10 male equivalent. Women are shorter than men lol. He may even stop growing now at 14, not uncommon

ig so but im prob gonna be 6'2 so im happy with that
you can't know for sure if you will become 6'2. the prediction doctors give is based on what's the most likely outcome. it's a calculation based on the average height and height of your parents. if two parents have 100 children and the children all live the exact same way some will be shorter and some taller than others, because there are a lot of genetics involved in height it's not so simply that you will be guaranteed to become tall if your parents are tall. for example if you got more height genes from your mom and less from your dad you will become shorter, so there's always a chance even if it's only 5% that you will stay at 5'10.

a 5"5 mum is a 5"10 male equivalent. Women are shorter than men lol. He may even stop growing now at 14, not uncommon
that's not how it works. there are not two height genes that say '5'5 female' and 5'10 male'. the height of your parents is only a phenotype. there are thousands of genes influencing height that you can't observe from knowing how tall your parents are. it could be that your greatgrandpa was short which means you have a small chance to become short even if your parents are average height. a lot of families have much taller and shorter siblings.

• +1
Reactions: szolliontaraelis
Im currently 14.5 years old and 5'10
My dad is 5'11 and mom is 5'5
Both have tall sides on their family my mom's brother is 6'3
My dads brother is 6'5
My doctor says I will be 6'1 to 6'3 and I think thats probably accurat
really depends on how much you've grown the last year, f.x if you didnt grow much you prob wont this year, and the other way around

really depends on how much you've grown the last year, f.x if you didnt grow much you prob wont this year, and the other way around
im 14 and grew like 5 inches last year, since turning 14 i have grown like 2 inches