I recently re-watched True Detective

Michael Myers

Michael Myers

Staff
Best tv show I’ve ever seen. Third time I’ve watched it. First time I watched it was when it came out in 2014. Season 2 and 3 are alright but season 4 was absolutely dogshit feminist ethnic sjw trash. In 2014 I thought Rust from season 1 was a really big weirdo for the stuff he was saying. Few years later I re-watched and thought he made sense but didn’t like the ending because he turned into a “positive soyboy” but now I think he deserves a good ending like that, that man suffered and for him to start thinking positively is something nice to see.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Eternal_, vrilmaxxer, apocalypse and 2 others
I wish others who’ve suffered (me) would get a good ending

• +1
Reactions: Michael Myers
i didnt rly like season 1 so i didnt finish it

i didnt rly like season 1 so i didnt finish it
If you didn’t like season 1 (you’re the first person to say this) then you won’t like any of the others either.

• +1
Reactions: vrilmaxxer
"I think human consciousness, is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware, nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself, we are creatures that should not exist by natural law. We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self; an accretion of sensory, experience and feeling, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody is nobody. Maybe the honorable thing for our species to do is deny our programming, stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction, one last midnight - brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal."

• Love it
Reactions: Michael Myers
"I think human consciousness, is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware, nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself, we are creatures that should not exist by natural law. We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self; an accretion of sensory, experience and feeling, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody is nobody. Maybe the honorable thing for our species to do is deny our programming, stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction, one last midnight - brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal."
Look, I'd consider myself a realist, all right? But in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist.

- Uh, okay, what's 'at mean?

Means I'm bad at parties.

:feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:

Just imagine how low inhib you have to be to say this. :lul:

• +1
Reactions: vrilmaxxer
If you didn’t like season 1 (you’re the first person to say this) then you won’t like any of the others either.
i know
there are plenty of ppl that dont like td tho(s1)
i think i was already past its central point and found it pretentious/tryharding

i know
there are plenty of ppl that dont like td tho(s1)
i think i was already past its central point and found it pretentious/tryharding
I’m just saying, if someone doesn’t like TD S1 then I just assume they have dogshit taste. It didn’t have a 9+/10 on IMDb for no reason (the later seasons got the rating down to 8.9/10).

I’m just saying, if someone doesn’t like TD S1 then I just assume they have dogshit taste. It didn’t have a 9+/10 on IMDb for no reason (the later seasons got the rating down to 8.9/10).
bb, game of thrones are my favourite series 'objective quality' wise
i have another top favourite which is more a sentimental choise
td s1 made me angry tbh so i quit

Last edited:
bb, game of thrones are my favourite series 'objective quality' wise
i have another top favourite which is more a sentimental choise
td s1 made me angry tbh so i quit
I liked BB, wasn’t a fan of GoT because of the nudity overload. But I’m glad I didn’t invest in it, the way they built up for Jon Snow to face the White Walkers and then that dogshit ending. JFL. Why did TD S1 make you angry?

• +1
Reactions: wollet2
I liked BB, wasn’t a fan of GoT because of the nudity overload. But I’m glad I didn’t invest in it, the way they built up for Jon Snow to face the White Walkers and then that dogshit ending. JFL. Why did TD S1 make you angry?
there was a drop in quality in later seasons of got but i still enjoyed them.
i was extremely hooked during the battle of winterfell episode, until the last moment before Aria did what she did i thought im witnessing a masterpiece. it was very anticlimactic
i expected more or sth different from td s1 thats why. its probably jst not from my taste

there was a drop in quality in later seasons of got but i still enjoyed them.
i was extremely hooked during the battle of winterfell episode, until the last moment before Aria did what she did i thought im witnessing a masterpiece. it was very anticlimactic
i expected more or sth different from td s1 thats why. its probably jst not from my taste
If you’re not into detective shows or mystery shows then yeah it’s not for you. But most people like these type of shows, hence why it’s popular. I only watched the scenes with White Walkers in them. I watched the first few eps but it was too raunchy so I lost interest. And just months ago I decided to watch the WW scenes. So I’m glad I wasn’t invested.

I liked the later season better tbh. Woody Harrelson has always kinda annoyed me.

I liked the later season better tbh. Woody Harrelson has always kinda annoyed me.
He was kinda based, he slapped the hell out of his whoring daughter and beat up the two guys that rawdogged her. Definitely a degenerate for cheating on his wife multiple times.