Older mothers have smarter and taller children (probably better looks aswell)

BrahminBoss

BrahminBoss

The horror
I think Ray wrote in one of his articles that the children of mothers in their 40s and even 50s has higher IQs and were healthier than children of mothers in the range of 18-25 years of age. I forgot what is the exact reason he attributed it to but I think it had to do with progesterone levels and brain development in these older women. Basically, brain never stops developing and as long as progesterone is high enough to make conception and pregnancy possible being born to an older mother confers intellectual and health benefits to the child.
This study seems to confirm Ray's point even though the authors give another explanation that seems quite far-fetched.

Advanced Maternal Age and Offspring Outcomes: Reproductive Aging and Counterbalancing Period Trends - Barclay - 2016 - Population and Development Review - Wiley Online Library
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/04/160412104810.htm

"...Most previous research suggests that the older women are when they give birth, the greater the health risks are for their children. Childbearing at older ages is understood to increase the risk of negative pregnancy outcomes such as Down syndrome, as well as increase the risk that the children will develop Alzheimer's disease, hypertension, and diabetes later in life. However, despite the risks associated with delaying childbearing, children may also benefit from mothers delaying childbearing to older ages. These are the findings from a new study conducted by Mikko Myrskylä, the director of the Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research (MPIDR),) and his colleague Kieron Barclay at the London School of Economics, that has been published today in Population and Development Review. Both public health and social conditions have been improving over time in many countries. Previous research on the relationship between maternal age and child outcomes has ignored the importance of these macro-level environmental changes over time. From the perspective of any individual parent, delaying childbearing means having a child with a later birth year. For example, a ten-year difference in maternal age is accompanied by a decade of changes to social and environmental conditions. Taking this perspective, this new MPIDR-study shows that when women delay childbearing to older ages their children are healthier, taller, and more highly educated. It shows that despite the risks associated with childbearing at older ages, which are attributable to aging of the reproductive system, these risks are either counterbalanced, or outweighed, by the positive changes to the environment in the period during which the mother delayed her childbearing."

Last edited:
Nice cope. Older parents usually means the child has a higher sign of autism and being neurodivergent. Also bs that the children are healthier.

• +1
Reactions: datboijj
Nice cope. Older parents usually means the child has a higher sign of autism and being neurodivergent. Also bs that the children are healthier.
Nice reading comprehension.

soy it's never too late study

Nice reading comprehension.
Didn’t read single a word of this post. ZOG garbage they raise the average age of having kids to produce neurodivergent tech enslaved fucking kids and to lower the birth rates.

soy it's never too late study
nah its just that people pigenohole themselves into looking at the world a certain way that when new data arrives they instantly have an emotional knee jerk reaction to it

• WTF
Reactions: datboijj
Didn’t read single a word of this post. ZOG garbage they raise the average age of having kids to produce neurodivergent tech enslaved fucking kids and to lower the birth rates.
nah its just that people pigenohole themselves into looking at the world a certain way that when new data arrives they instantly have an emotional knee jerk reaction to it
Jfl how am I so accurate

Jfl how am I so accurate
this data from 1 study that was most likely biased doesn’t mean anything when many other studies show the consequences of having kids late. Simple as that. Having children late is known to cause issues and it’s been proven time and time again.

this data from 1 study that was most likely biased doesn’t mean anything when many other studies show the consequences of having kids late. Simple as that. Having children late is known to cause issues and it’s been proven time and time again.
You seem to be awfully invested in this were you a teen pregnancy or something jfl.

You seem to be awfully invested in this were you a teen pregnancy or something jfl.
If what you got from my posts is that I was conceived through a teen pregnancy then you have bad reading comprehension.

If what you got from my posts is that I was conceived through a teen pregnancy then you have bad reading comprehension.
I got nothing, you just seemed extremely invested in a random study I posted while I dont remember you in any of my other threads

I got nothing, you just seemed extremely invested in a random study I posted while I dont remember you in any of my other threads
I was lurking and this thread caught my attention

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss