Question for those who are bi/trilingual

Learning new languages never affected my ability with the ones I had already. I never muddled words unintentionally. It definitely made learning other ones easier too since the linguistic rules are pretty similar across languages

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 16369
It definitely made learning other ones easier too since the linguistic rules are pretty similar across languages
It would depend on which languages, I'm guessing you learned languages that are lexically similar to each other.

• +1
Reactions: Brazitard
So your essentially a native speaker. You're from Iceland right?
I speak like 5 languages but yes Icelandic is first language but I’ve used English the most of any

• Woah
I speak like 5 languages but yes Icelandic is first language but I’ve used English the most of any
What are the other three and how do they compare to your Icelandic? mirin btw

• +1
Reactions: NorthAtlandidMogs
It would depend on which languages, I'm guessing you learned languages that are lexically similar to each other.
Yeah I went from being fluent in English and Tigrinya at the start. I learned Arabic which was lexically very similar to Tigrinya and then I learned Italian (for no reason tbh)

• +1
I think in English and my Russian sometimes sounds like translated English.

• Woah
I think in English and my Russian sometimes sounds like translated English.
I thought most people in Russia don't speak English. Wouldn't you be speaking Russian most of the time?

Last edited:
I thought most people in Russia don't speak English. Wouldn't you be speaking English most of the time?
I spend so much time on the English speaking internet I use English more and back in the day I wouldn't even have any people to speak Russian with.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Acne Victim, St.TikTokcel and Deleted member 16369
I spend so much time on the English speaking internet I use English more and back in the day I wouldn't even have any people to speak Russian with.
The same with me here in Brazil, where only 1% of the population got fluency in English... They spend thousands of dollars and never learn anything: now that's something impressive!

• +1
Reactions: HerpDerpson
sometimes i struggle to find the persian term of something because the English one keeps popping up in my head. my Persian sentence structure might have changed a bit tho it's very similar. i also constantly use English words while speaking Persian, annoys my friends and family but i'm not doing it on purpose.
many people do this and they cope like a retard that "its because there isn't a Persian word for it" and it's because they don't know the Persian language completely.
all native speakers of any langauge assume they know their language but they don't. to learn your own language completely you need to read all literature of it and no one does that.
i can relate lol

• Woah