Why high lat insertions are actually ideal

Clavicular

Clavicular

Involuntarily/Celibate
Contributor
Bodybuilders cope that lower lat insertions look better, and admittedly they do, but only on stage posing.

Simeon Panda is the low lat final boss, but do you notice how his physique looks droopy?

Its because his clavicles have no support from his lats

with high set lats it supports the clavicles making it appear straighter, this is sought after in mens physique division, where low lats are ideal in open
but in everyday quality of life you want high lats to fraud a better frame.

Once you hypertrophy you lats and they're highset, your frame looks mogger in a tshirt and your waist is perceived smaller.

Attachments

• 1715738622379.png
    1715738622379.png
    403.2 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: silencio, moreroidsmoredates, gigell and 8 others
@Orc

• +1
Reactions: Carv
every study says low lats are ideal though

• +1
Reactions: greycel and Carv
  • +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: silencio, Timmy, zedux and 3 others

Its mostly cause of v shaped vs straight clavicles, also second guy has thinner waist and smaller traps.

High lats do look better on wider waists cause it can make them look slimmer.

@ElTruecel

• +1
Reactions: kiyopon, dna_cel, ChadL1te and 4 others
He’s an ectomorph they are built really narrow

View attachment 2919684
Its mostly cause of v shaped vs straight clavicles, also second guy has thinner waist and smaller traps.

High lats do look better on wider waists cause it can make them look slimmer.

@ElTruecel
Yes but for this, I used 2 people with the same clavicle shape

simeon is relaxed with an extremely wide scapula and clavicles
the other guy is flexing his lats so his clavicles will look "supported"
if simeon did the same he'd mog
this assumes u will walk around with invisible lat syndrome 24/7
When you hypertrophy the lats enough they always look pumped and will support clavicles more, highset latcels get this effect quicker

simian would only mog because he has 2x more mass jfl he looks droopy

• +1
Reactions: futuregigamogger
Straight clavicles is a psl meme and autism

When you hypertrophy the lats enough they always look pumped and will support clavicles more, highset latcels get this effect quicker

simeon looks droopy because he as an overtrained lower chest with such a wide scapula and clavicles that they are downturned when relaxed

if u have low set lats ur gonna have more muscle mass in the upper region than a guy with highset lats, so there is 0 correlation

• +1
Reactions: moreroidsmoredates and bluestaxamz

is this why i mog when i flare lats even though it doesnt add much to bideltoid. Also when i flare my lats my scapula goes from slightly winged to completely flat and i look so much. My scapulas are good and i have high set lats so i mog from the back view especially in a tight shirt but front view it isnt as good because my clavicles arent as good as my scapula but that fixes itself when i flare my lats and fix my scapula winging. Im being totally autistic rn.

this is me

also check dms

People use this cope too often, its a minor failo or halo we are just discussing whats ideal, this is a looks forum first

simeon looks droopy because he as an overtrained lower chest with such a wide scapula and clavicles that they are downturned when relaxed

if u have low set lats ur gonna have more muscle mass in the upper region than a guy with highset lats, so there is 0 correlation
Yea the lower chest dev makes it look shit but despite his straight clavicles, they are at a negatively tilted angle

its basically like NCT, you dont have the zygomatic support with lowerset cheekbones which causes the negative tilt

i mean if you have longer curved clavicles it can compensate but its like a big proponent in bidelt especially when it comes to proportions and chest insertions

• +1
Reactions: Clavicular
every study says low lats are ideal though
there's never been a single study conducted on this subject besides asking questionnaires to forums of body dysmorphic gay men.

• +1
Reactions: Clavicular, Loveland and barettrealrx
High set lats can counter wide hips, plus I notice that most tall guys have high set lats especially with a long torso. Looks aesthetic as fuck once you built everything up

Low lats make you look blocky.

• +1
Reactions: nathan
n
Bodybuilders cope that lower lat insertions look better, and admittedly they do, but only on stage posing.
View attachment 2919663View attachment 2919664
Simeon Panda is the low lat final boss, but do you notice how his physique looks droopy?
View attachment 2919670
Its because his clavicles have no support from his lats
View attachment 2919672
with high set lats it supports the clavicles making it appear straighter, this is sought after in mens physique division, where low lats are ideal in open
but in everyday quality of life you want high lats to fraud a better frame.
View attachment 2919674View attachment 2919676

Once you hypertrophy you lats and they're highset, your frame looks mogger in a tshirt and your waist is perceived smaller.
makes sense good thread (y)(y)(y)

I just debunked those studies then
I debunked it too . low lats for bodybuilding aesthetics and high lat for aesthetics and having better frame

Arnold Schwarzenegger and Franco Columbu   Back Double Bicep Pose
Arnold with high and Franco with low lat insertions . high=wider, low=thicker

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: barettrealrx and nathan
there's never been a single study conducted on this subject besides asking questionnaires to forums of body dysmorphic gay men.
sorry I was just trying to come up with something to be first to comment

• JFL
Reactions: barettrealrx
sorry I was just trying to come up with something to be first to comment
you'd likely get the opposite result if you were to actually study it because longer torsos are perceived as more attractive in every actual study on the subject and higher lats make your torso look longer and narrower.

• Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: Clavicular and nathan
you'd likely get the opposite result if you were to actually study it because longer torsos are perceived as more attractive in every actual study on the subject and higher lats make your torso look longer and narrower.
Mirin new username color brag

low lats look better in bodybuilding standards but if you look at a physique that is just aesthetic and looks pleasing to the eye its a physique with hight lats, they just make the overall shape better and give the illusion of slimming out everything below them bc the surface area of the muscle is concentrated on the upper part of the back so when hypertrophied it makes shoulders look great in relation to the waist and makes the back look more v tapered and sharp instead of wide and blocky with a slight taper. i agree with u on this one, its just more pleasing to the eye.