100 pull-ups a day?

CupOfCoffee

CupOfCoffee

IdentityCrisisCel
Is it legit? I'm slowly cutting and have a pull up bar at home.

Real question is, can you count to 100?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1347 and Wincel
That's fucking retarded. Maybe if you were taking steroids that'd work. But no way, 3x a week, with progressive overload (focusing on getting stronger to get bigger muscles) works great

• +1
Reactions: kobecel
100 pull up is not an efficient way but its better then doing nothing
progressive overload is King

you won't work your legs, chest or arms?

you won't work your legs, chest or arms?
I am benching 2x a week atm, might change up my routine soon. For legs all I can do is incline walking and hamstring curls. My lower back is done since the summer.

The ideal training frequency for muscle recovery is to train every 2 to 3 days. That's what I do at the moment. However, training every day would improve the nervous system's ability to make you stronger and keep fully recovered muscles from overpowering partially recovered tendons, as well as build capillary density in the arms and back, bringing more rejuvenating blood to the area. As well, the tendons only receive substantial blood flow during exercise. If you plan to train every day, I would start with the same number of reps and sets that you currently do every week. If you did 3 sets of 5 reps twice a week, for example, you would go instead to one set of 5 reps 6 days a week or one set of 4 reps every day. After a while, you could increase volume and intensity, perhaps adding higher intensity days and lower intensity days. After a while, I'm sure pull ups will feel like breathing. I'm currently reading the book Squat Every Day by Matt Perryman.

The ideal training frequency for muscle recovery is to train every 2 to 3 days. That's what I do at the moment. However, training every day would improve the nervous system's ability to make you stronger and keep fully recovered muscles from overpowering partially recovered tendons, as well as build capillary density in the arms and back, bringing more rejuvenating blood to the area. As well, the tendons only receive substantial blood flow during exercise. If you plan to train every day, I would start with the same number of reps and sets that you currently do every week. If you did 3 sets of 5 reps twice a week, for example, you would go instead to one set of 5 reps 6 days a week or one set of 4 reps every day. After a while, you could increase volume and intensity, perhaps adding higher intensity days and lower intensity days. After a while, I'm sure pull ups will feel like breathing. I'm currently reading the book Squat Every Day by Matt Perryman.
Well, my goal is to get to well above 20 dead hang pull-ups eventually, in attempt to maintain back and arm size while cutting, maybe bringing in some core activity. Currently I'm at about 13 full ROM, haven't done weighted pulls/chins for a few months now, only bodyweight. Would you recommend instead to focus on weighted?

Well, my goal is to get to well above 20 dead hang pull-ups eventually, in attempt to maintain back and arm size while cutting, maybe bringing in some core activity. Currently I'm at about 13 full ROM, haven't done weighted pulls/chins for a few months now, only bodyweight. Would you recommend instead to focus on weighted?
13 reps might allow you to perform a 45 pound weighted pull up. Unweighted pull ups in the proper gymnastics hollow body position are terrific at activating the core, but your pull up bar must be high enough to allow the hollow body position. If you have to bend your knees, you would probably expect less core activation. Weighted pull ups would be a good idea to increase size and strength. Since you're looking for increased muscle size, you should rest 1-2 days in between sessions to maximize efficiency (no need to train a muscle as it continues to grow and recover). At your current strength level, sets of 10 unweighted pullups would probably meet your goals, but once that becomes easy, I would add weight in 5 pound increments.
13 reps might allow you to perform a 45 pound weighted pull up. Unweighted pull ups in the proper gymnastics hollow body position are terrific at activating the core, but your pull up bar must be high enough to allow the hollow body position. If you have to bend your knees, you would probably expect less core activation. Weighted pull ups would be a good idea to increase size and strength. Since you're looking for increased muscle size, you should rest 1-2 days in between sessions to maximize efficiency (no need to train a muscle as it continues to grow and recover). At your current strength level, sets of 10 unweighted pullups would probably meet your goals, but once that becomes easy, I would add weight in 5 pound increments.

• +1
Reactions: CupOfCoffee
That's interesting about the hollow position. I think what I'll do is 3 sets of 10 three times a week, and add 5 pounds every week until I can't do that, then take 10 pounds off and reset. At home I'll do some greasing the groove reps which shouldn't hurt recovery.

You wont be able to do 100 pullups a day, nevermind doing it every day HAHAHAH

• +1
Reactions: RichardSpencel
You wont be able to do 100 pullups a day, nevermind doing it every day HAHAHAH
Yes I can, not that hard actually.

Pull Ups are legit best exercise you can do

Pull Ups are legit best exercise you can do
Absolute beast for upper body. Lats, mid back, traps, biceps, forearms, and some core and neck activation too.