130 iQ+ question

Spartacus1-

Spartacus1-

The world is yours
A prisoner in a jail cell, surrounded by gold coins. He offers the guard at the door a coin and he opens the door. He tells him that there are 9 guards in total and they will let him pass them once for one coin. Each time he passes one he must pay the toll, even if he's going back. He is not allowed to take more than 4 coins with him, but he may store coins in front of any door. What is the minimum number of coins that must be in the cell in order to bribe all the guards and escape?

Nvm

Last edited:
dn rd
is my answer correct?

A prisoner in a jail cell, surrounded by gold coins. He offers the guard at the door a coin and he opens the door. He tells him that there are 9 guards in total and they will let him pass them once for one coin. Each time he passes one he must pay the toll, even if he's going back. He is not allowed to take more than 4 coins with him, but he may store coins in front of any door. What is the minimum number of coins that must be in the cell in order to bribe all the guards and escape?
I'm not good with aquations or any maths that's always been me unfortunately

• +1
Reactions: Spartacus1-
No, but explain how did you reach this result?

Yes
I tho he would store the coins at the 1 st door, then I realised he could only carry for, so he must go 1 door at s time and store

• +1
Reactions: Spartacus1-
He would need to have 4 coins at the sixth door, but getting the coins to that door will take a lot of storing of previous doors