14yo with 17-18 Bone Age (181cm / 5'11.5"). How to maximize remaining genetic potential?

A

arthas228

Iron
Joined
Jul 17, 2026
Posts
17
Reputation
8
Hey guys, I need some insights. I am 14 years old, current height is 181 cm (approx. 5'11.5"), weight is 69 kg (152 lbs). I recently got an X-ray done to check my growth plates, and the results show that my bone age is significantly advanced, sitting at around 17-18 years old.
Here is the exact translation of my medical X-ray report:
X-ray Description: An X-ray of both wrists in a frontal projection reveals no bone-traumatic or bone-destructive changes. The number and arrangement of the wrist bones are normal; all carpal bones and the sesamoid bone of the 1st digit are fully formed (which usually form by age 13). The growth plates (epiphyseal plates) of the metacarpal bones and phalanges are closed (typically closing at ages 17-18). The growth plates of the radius and ulna are narrow and barely visible (typically closing at ages 19-22). Joint surfaces of the wrist joint are smooth and sharp, and the joint space is uniform. Bone tissue mineralization is unchanged. Conclusion: X-ray presentation without bone pathology, estimated bone age is ~17-18 years old.
Since my growth plates are almost entirely fused or closing fast, what can I do right now to milk every millimeter of my remaining genetic height potential? What are your thoughts on diet, supplementation, or posture habits at this stage?"
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20261005_125236.jpg
    IMG_20261005_125236.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Hey guys, I need some insights. I am 14 years old, current height is 181 cm (approx. 5'11.5"), weight is 69 kg (152 lbs). I recently got an X-ray done to check my growth plates, and the results show that my bone age is significantly advanced, sitting at around 17-18 years old.
Here is the exact translation of my medical X-ray report:
X-ray Description: An X-ray of both wrists in a frontal projection reveals no bone-traumatic or bone-destructive changes. The number and arrangement of the wrist bones are normal; all carpal bones and the sesamoid bone of the 1st digit are fully formed (which usually form by age 13). The growth plates (epiphyseal plates) of the metacarpal bones and phalanges are closed (typically closing at ages 17-18). The growth plates of the radius and ulna are narrow and barely visible (typically closing at ages 19-22). Joint surfaces of the wrist joint are smooth and sharp, and the joint space is uniform. Bone tissue mineralization is unchanged. Conclusion: X-ray presentation without bone pathology, estimated bone age is ~17-18 years old.
Since my growth plates are almost entirely fused or closing fast, what can I do right now to milk every millimeter of my remaining genetic height potential? What are your thoughts on diet, supplementation, or posture habits at this stage?"
Here is all the raw data for a comprehensive assessment. Please be as brutal and realistic as possible. No sugarcoating, no coping, no toxic positivity. Just give me a honest prediction based on facts and science, and tell me what is highly likely versus what is pure speculation.
General Info:
• Age: 14 years old (DOB: May 22, 2012)
• Weight: ~68–69 kg (150–152 lbs)
Height Tracking History:
• April 2024: 165 cm (5'5")
• April 2025: 175 cm (5'9") -> massive 10 cm growth spurt within a year
• March 7, 2026: 177 cm (5'9.7")
• Current (Evening measurement): 179 cm (5'10.5")
• Note: I haven't measured my morning height yet, planning to do it soon.
Family Genetics:
• Mother's height: 172 cm (5'7.7") -> above average for a female
• Father's height: 185 cm (6'1")
• Uncle (Father's brother): 193 cm (6'4") -> proof of tall genetics in the family tree
Body Measurements:
• Foot size: Around 26 cm (US 8.5 / EU 41.5). I previously thought it was 27 cm (EU 43), but remeasured.
• Inseam (Floor to crotch): Roughly 83–85 cm (32.6"–33.4"), not 100% precise.
X-ray Breakdown (Both Hands/Wrists):
• Estimated Bone Age: ~17–18 years old.
• Metacarpals & Phalanges (Hand/Fingers): Growth plates are completely closed.
• Radius & Ulna (Forearm): Growth plates are narrow and barely visible (the report notes that these typically fuse fully around ages 19–22).
• Joint Details: Wrist joint surfaces are smooth and sharp, joint space is uniform. Bone tissue mineralization is unchanged. No pathologies or traumatic changes detected.
My Goal:
I want a completely objective evaluation of my final adult height. How many centimeters do I realistically have left? How likely am I to hit 185 cm, 188 cm, 190 cm, or 192+ cm? Based on this X-ray, when exactly can I expect complete fusion of my remaining plates?
Give it to me straight."
 

Similar threads

D
Replies
3
Views
72
16yearsmax
16yearsmax
ksyseven
Replies
0
Views
8
ksyseven
ksyseven
tyowuwe
Replies
6
Views
61
tyowuwe
tyowuwe
Devanshisugly
Replies
11
Views
72
notrico
notrico
erstklassig
Replies
5
Views
81
Sustanon
Sustanon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top