2 Common Myths about Melatonin

Tricky

Tricky

Resident Professor
1. Melatonin makes you wake up later

Your bodies internal clock will regulate when you wake up, and Melatonin doesn't have much of a role in this process. Studies found that people only slept on average 8-13 minutes longer than they usually did.

2. Melatonin makes you fall asleep faster

This is ONLY true when you're trying to fall asleep at a time you're not accustomed too. Your body should be producing Melatonin to make you tired, and the small amount you can consume really doesn't have much of an impact compared to the vast amount already in your system.

https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/news/20171004/is-natural-sleep-aid-melatonin-safe

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Oak
I find it makes me wake up less during the night

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
I find it makes me wake up less during the night

Melatonin works best on chronic Insomnia, Jet Lag, things like that. I'm not surprised that you'd see benefits from it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and jefferson
I live in a noisy as fuck dorm, was gonna try supplementing it so I can get some sleep for once. Wonder if that will work.

• +1
Screwing up with your biological clock is a bad idea from the start, the only justifiable reason for it is jetlag, your body is able to self-regulate itself otherwise, if you struggle with sleep it is due to evolutionary mismatch with our modern world which is highly stimulating and illuminated even after dark and stressful work/life, if you want to improve your sleep you need to pay attention to those problematics, Melatonin will do more harm than good in the long run.

• +1
Should be taken with caution & moderation tho

• +1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back