2 months into college and 0 friends

Deleted member 14957

Deleted member 14957

Iron
I’ve been in college for two whole months and I haven’t made any friends yet. I’ve tried talking to people but I just get treat like an utter subhuman. I’ve only had a small friend group before and we’ve all drifted apart so I don’t have any friends. Is there anything I can do to fix this or I’m I doomed to an existence of isolation? :feelswah:

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: turkproducer, Deleted member 14543 and WontStopNorwooding

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 275 and Deleted member 14957
@Nameless_Sunflower

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3828
relatable... just try find somewhere where people wont see you alone. in the mean time join a club, any club that the college has and you'll make friends there... or at least you'll know people from there who you know enough to be able to force urself into their social circle at lunch times

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21931, Merćer, turkproducer and 1 other person
Is there anything I can do to fix this or I’m I doomed to an existence of isolation? :feelswah:
You could try joining another class or college, I went to many schools and activity clubs and the way I was treated varied very widely, in most places I would rub people the wrong way, and ended up alone, isolated or in a circle of nerds, losers, or low-value persons, away from the the cool, party people, but in a few of them, I encountered less judgemental people that accepted me even if I was acting a little weird and quirky...
So it depends a lot on the type of people you are dealing with, if you don't click with them, they could avoid you, sometimes it's enough for a single person who has the most influence in a group to not like you and everyone else will avoid you, but if you manage to get in his good graces, you're in, even if you don't make much of an impression on the other people.
Ideally, it would be to become the leader of such a group or clique, have some people always around you, invite them to go out, to parties, events, trips, etc.; your interaction with all the other cliques will improve tremendously and you can become very popular.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14957
just drink and talk to people, you’ll get there

it’s easy, don’t be stuck in your head. the only way you’ll be fucked is if you’re UGLY AND NON NT

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14957