2 Surgeons consulted two different reccomendations...

DoctorLooksmax

DoctorLooksmax

IPDcel
Background I have mild SFS.

Have a very vertically short chin- only 34mm.

My midface isnt actually vertically short but it looks it in pictures, probably because of my above average bizygomatic width.

My face looks decent when resting, but when im talking, laughing or smiling, it has that typical SFS 'scrunched up' look I would describe it as.

First consult with ramieri - after seeing my CBCT he reccomended a CW rotation BSSO with a vertical genio and no Lefort 1. He said id need 10 months of braces to decompensate by bite beforehand to give him room to move my lower jaw forward in the BSSO, he described my dental compensation as 'severe'. He didnt reccomend a lefort 1 for me, from this im going to assume he didnt think my midface was excessively short - he didnt say I couldnt have one if i 100% wanted it the vibe I got was mroe than the movement wouldnt be significant so it wasnt really wroth it in my case. Plus from what ive heard upper jaw +lower jaw surgery recovery is a lot worse than lower only. He seemed pretty dead set on his plan for how to fix my face, he even said 'after looking at your scan, there's only 1 way were gonna be able to do this'

Second consult with birbe. I told him the same thing to start off with, that I had a vertically short face, lower third in particular, to which he agreed. His attitude towards my face was more along the lines of 'it depends how big of a change you want'. He said we could go genio only, bimax, or bimax and genio. He told me that I was an ideal surgery first candidate - which is odd since ramieri reccomended 10 months of braces beforehand, but i dont think ramieri does SFA at all. He said I could come to spain and for a fee when can knock up some 3D simulations- after this I can decide how much movement I wanted or what surgery based on the simulations. He seemed like he takes patient input a lot more in terms of what exactly they want doing- which im not sure is a good thing or bad thing, I feel like the surgeon is the expert and in this case its maybe better to jsut trust them to get a good result than let the patient decide, especially sicne its so hard to look at your own face objectively. He also said you cant do just CW roation of the jsut one jaw which completley contradicts what rameiri said bu this might be down to the fact he does SFA vs non SFA.

Overall- it appeals to me that with Birbe I could do SFA rather than wait and procrastinate this for even longer and I like how I can see simulations mocking up different surgeries before I make a final decision, whereas with ramieri I dont get a 3D plan until im nearer surgery time and by that point its too late to decide if i only wnated a genio rather than bimax. On the other hand, Birbe might only be reccomending SFAm because he doesnt have a UK ortho hes in contact with so it makes it logistically easier, I feel like Ramieri has better attention to detail and consistently produces good results so it might be better jsut to trust him to do a good job and not cut corners than decide my own movements etc

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator, subhuman incel, Deleted member 2729 and 3 others
how much incisor show do you have

Did you get ramieri consult right? I mean getting cw rotation on only one jaw looks weird, unless you have bite issues

Did you get ramieri consult right? I mean getting cw rotation on only one jaw looks weird, unless you have bite issues
I was suprised by what he said as well- I thought he either say bimax + genio or genio only.

I even clarified it with him and he said normally you wouldnt do CW rotation on only one jaw but for me it would be his approach

I was suprised by what he said as well- I thought he either say bimax + genio or genio only.

I even clarified it with him and he said normally you wouldnt do CW rotation on only one jaw but for me it would be his approach
Do you have posterior open bite?

Attachments

• IMG_0527.jpeg
    IMG_0527.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 16.18.43.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 16.18.43.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 19551

Attachments

• 3C35A10E-DF18-40C7-9290-9F4B42486559.jpeg
    3C35A10E-DF18-40C7-9290-9F4B42486559.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 0
Kinda, but the full face one, kinda like this
i see- I mean you can see my bite in my CBCT though rihgt?

if anything thats better than x ray cos higher res

i see- I mean you can see my bite in my CBCT though rihgt?

if anything thats better than x ray cos higher res
I cant see soft tissue and other landmarks. Like the above guy asked about your incisor show, regarding your smile, also to see how far off would you are of alfaro line etc.

Like If your smile is shit tier, which is often the case with sfs you would need bimax.

But it might be good since ramieri suggested only mandible

I cant see soft tissue and other landmarks. Like the above guy asked about your incisor show, regarding your smile, also to see how far off would you are of alfaro line etc.

Like If your smile is shit tier, which is often the case with sfs you would need bimax.

But it might be good since ramieri suggested only mandible
my smile is 100% shit tier- my resting face actually looks kinda decent though.

Ive been reated either MTN or HTN here depending on the pic and whos rating me, no one rated me LTN on the forum

my smile is 100% shit tier- my resting face actually looks kinda decent though.

Ive been reated either MTN or HTN here depending on the pic and whos rating me, no one rated me LTN on the forum
Send me your pics my man

Is bribe good? For making chads

My midface isnt actually vertically short but it looks it in pictures, probably because of my above average bizygomatic width.

My face looks decent when resting, but when im talking, laughing or smiling, it has that typical SFS 'scrunched up' look I would describe it as.

First consult with ramieri - after seeing my CBCT he reccomended a CW rotation BSSO with a vertical genio and no Lefort 1. He said id need 10 months of braces to decompensate by bite beforehand to give him room to move my lower jaw forward in the BSSO, he described my dental compensation as 'severe'. He didnt reccomend a lefort 1 for me, from this im going to assume he didnt think my midface was excessively short - he didnt say I couldnt have one if i 100% wanted it the vibe I got was mroe than the movement wouldnt be significant so it wasnt really wroth it in my case. Plus from what ive heard upper jaw +lower jaw surgery recovery is a lot worse than lower only. He seemed pretty dead set on his plan for how to fix my face, he even said 'after looking at your scan, there's only 1 way were gonna be able to do this'

Second consult with birbe. I told him the same thing to start off with, that I had a vertically short face, lower third in particular, to which he agreed. His attitude towards my face was more along the lines of 'it depends how big of a change you want'. He said we could go genio only, bimax, or bimax and genio. He told me that I was an ideal surgery first candidate - which is odd since ramieri reccomended 10 months of braces beforehand, but i dont think ramieri does SFA at all. He said I could come to spain and for a fee when can knock up some 3D simulations- after this I can decide how much movement I wanted or what surgery based on the simulations. He seemed like he takes patient input a lot more in terms of what exactly they want doing- which im not sure is a good thing or bad thing, I feel like the surgeon is the expert and in this case its maybe better to jsut trust them to get a good result than let the patient decide, especially sicne its so hard to look at your own face objectively. He also said you cant do just CW roation of the jsut one jaw which completley contradicts what rameiri said bu this might be down to the fact he does SFA vs non SFA.

Overall- it appeals to me that with Birbe I could do SFA rather than wait and procrastinate this for even longer and I like how I can see simulations mocking up different surgeries before I make a final decision, whereas with ramieri I dont get a 3D plan until im nearer surgery time and by that point its too late to decide if i only wnated a genio rather than bimax. On the other hand, Birbe might only be reccomending SFAm because he doesnt have a UK ortho hes in contact with so it makes it logistically easier, I feel like Ramieri has better attention to detail and consistently produces good results so it might be better jsut to trust him to do a good job and not cut corners than decide my own movements etc

I mean jaw surgery wont add muxh to psl unless your recessed in the jaws the maxilla or chin after that you should be normie.

What sets chads above normies is bone mass and the only way to get that is implants

I mean jaw surgery wont add muxh to psl unless your recessed in the jaws the maxilla or chin after that you should be normie.

What sets chads above normies is bone mass and the only way to get that is implants
Id argue your ignoring the benefits of jaw rotation tbh- jaw surgery can move the jaws CW or CCW as well as advance them. For me i dont reallt need advancement (maybe a tiny bit on BSSO) but defo can benefit from CW rotation. I wouldnt bother with this just for advancement as the benefit in my case would be neglible

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
Id argue your ignoring the benefits of jaw rotation tbh- jaw surgery can move the jaws CW or CCW as well as advance them. For me i dont reallt need advancement (maybe a tiny bit on BSSO) but defo can benefit from CW rotation. I wouldnt bother with this just for advancement as the benefit in my case would be neglible

Im not ignoring the benefits its super good for your psl if your recessed in any dimension but it wont make you good looking bimax is over hyped tbqh what you want is a custom jaw angle implant also a neck left

Im not ignoring the benefits its super good for your psl if your recessed in any dimension but it wont make you good looking bimax is over hyped tbqh what you want is a custom jaw angle implant also a neck left
Well do you class lacking downward growth as being reccessed? In that case I am reccessed.

I thought reccessed was a word used to refer to forward growth only rather than downward

I wouldnt get any implants personally as I think too often they look uncanny and I wouldnt wanna risk it- osteomy or nothing for me

• +1
Reactions: reptiles
Well do you class lacking downward growth as being reccessed? In that case I am reccessed.

I thought reccessed was a word used to refer to forward growth only rather than downward

I wouldnt get any implants personally as I think too often they look uncanny and I wouldnt wanna risk it- osteomy or nothing for me

Down wards growth is a aspect of recession so its worth it in your case but dont expect it to make you chad unless you already have very good bone mass then 90 perxent of looksmaxing is already done

Down wards growth is a aspect of recession so its worth it in your case but dont expect it to make you chad unless you already have very good bone mass then 90 perxent of looksmaxing is already done
I defo dont expect it to make me a chad- Im probably mid tier normie face wise rn but boosted to HTN in terms of overall sex appeal becasue of my physique - I think after this surgery I could be a HTN off face alone if all goes well

Ramirie also saw just my jaw and teeth and suggested CW which would have been the wrong call if you ask me.

My now planner gives me CCW whith downdrafts which is a much better call.

Just need a modified subnasal lf1 and I’m gucci.

Tho don’t wanna knock R. His work with G was good.

I feel like professional pictures just give a better impression of what to do then just scans.

• +1
how did you measure your chin? from the middle of lip or bottom?

Ramirie also saw just my jaw and teeth and suggested CW which would have been the wrong call if you ask me.

My now planner gives me CCW whith downdrafts which is a much better call.

Just need a modified subnasal lf1 and I’m gucci.

Tho don’t wanna knock R. His work with G was good.

I feel like professional pictures just give a better impression of what to do then just scans.
can you share your scans with me? I am suprised that Ramieri made a shitty call in your case and also a weird call in OPs case. Because I have a similar problem like OP.. Ramieri saying surgery first while other surgeon does not agree. Also Ramieri has been kinda unfriendly in his Emails to me..

• Woah
Reactions: Pumanator
can you share your scans with me? I am suprised that Ramieri made a shitty call in your case and also a weird call in OPs case. Because I have a similar problem like OP.. Ramieri saying surgery first while other surgeon does not agree. Also Ramieri has been kinda unfriendly in his Emails to me..
I feel like ramieri also has a lot to do with kids who don’t actually pull through. I would be pissed at some point as well ngl.
Maybe not tho who knows.

Yeah for sure. I can share them.

When I talked to Ramirie oniony had the trash Tier ceph scan not the cbct scans. Will take some time to dig them up

• +1
I feel like ramieri also has a lot to do with kids who don’t actually pull through. I would be pissed at some point as well ngl.
Maybe not tho who knows.
Und dann ist er unhöflich um die Leute erst Recht zu vergraulen oder was haha
Yeah for sure. I can share them.

When I talked to Ramirie oniony had the trash Tier ceph scan not the cbct scans. Will take some time to dig them up
ty

no matter how your teeth align ramieri wants braces first idk why the same for me

no matter how your teeth align ramieri wants braces first idk why the same for me
Und dann ist er unhöflich um die Leute erst Recht zu vergraulen oder was haha

ty
I don’t think ramieri does SFA at all

What I find more weird is the suggestion to move the mandible only rather than the maxilla as well, now my maxilla has good enough forward growth, but I’m not sure if I couldn’t improve mt mid face a bit rotating it

What other options do we have surgeons wise? I haven’t got loads of money (I mean I have enough for the surgery just!). So hae to take cost into consideration , need surgeons who will do bimax for 20k or less

• +1

What I find more weird is the suggestion to move the mandible only rather than the maxilla as well, now my maxilla has good enough forward growth, but I’m not sure if I couldn’t improve mt mid face a bit rotating it

What other options do we have surgeons wise? I haven’t got loads of money (I mean I have enough for the surgery just!). So hae to take cost into consideration , need surgeons who will do bimax for 20k or less
gonna be honest, prices are gonna increase over the next few years. I would try and save some more so you're not stretching yourself too much with money. Also gotta have some money saved up for potential complications.

Spoken to Ramieri again. Either I mis understood him last time or he changed plan. Now he also wants CCW.

Looking at your Scans if you want a good result you should definite go braces first. Not even a question.