~26mm PFL, why?

D

Deleted member 32486

Kraken
I have 25mm PFL in one eye and 27 in the other. Why? My parents have normal PFL and PFH. What causes this developmentally? I don't have that narrow of a skull either. Luckily my IPD is proportional so it doesn't look too weird. Any guesses or resources on this? I might have mild FAS, but I'm not sure.

Also my left eye is not normally half closed like that, IDK why it is in that photo, but I can't be bothered to take another one at the moment.

• So Sad
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
@HarrierDuBois

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
you were 5mm pfl away from paradise

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Krakowski and Deleted member 32486
you were 5mm pfl away from paradise
Any ideas as to what causes poor development in that regard? I suspect I might have FAS, but I made a thread about it, and most people said it did not look like it.

I have 25mm PFL in one eye and 27 in the other. Why? My parents have normal PFL and PFH. What causes this developmentally? I don't have that narrow of a skull either. Luckily my IPD is proportional so it doesn't look too weird. Any guesses or resources on this? I might have mild FAS, but I'm not sure.
View attachment 2461610
Also my left eye is not normally half closed like that, IDK why it is in that photo, but I can't be bothered to take another one at the moment.
Whats your IPD and Es ratio? you have good bones too btw

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois and Deleted member 32486
View attachment 2461610
your eyes acc look pretty normal here

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32486
View attachment 2461610
I would say increase eyebrow length with minox/derma roll, fraud pfl with longer eyelashes.

• +1
Whats your IPD and Es ratio?
IPD is 58MM, ES ratio is .4, I think, but I might be measuring poorly because that sounds way off.
you have good bones too btw
Thanks. Unfortunately I'm downgrown but I'm gonna eventually get genio and then maybe implants for my side profile.
I would say increase eyebrow length with minox/derma roll, fraud pfl with longer eyelashes.
I'm using topical minox.

IPD is 58MM, ES ratio is .4, I think, but I might be measuring poorly because that sounds way off.

Thanks. Unfortunately I'm downgrown but I'm gonna eventually get genio and then maybe implants for my side profile.

I'm using topical minox.
yeah, your es ratio looks normal for it to be 0.4.

We are in the same situation I'm also thinking about genio, implants

• +1
Your pfl isn’t that low, it’s actually not bad. Your nct is a bigger issue.

Your pfl isn’t that low, it’s actually not bad. Your nct is a bigger issue.
I have slight PCT, my eyes are just droopy with negative hooding. Do you think canthoplasty would correct this?

Get better eyelashes. That will significantly improve the illusion of PFL

• +1
Anything I can do about that besides latisse?
Oral min grew mine, had sparse eyebrows and no eyelashes before (SEA genetics) now they are noticeable. They are great. I am happy.

• +1
I have slight PCT, my eyes are just droopy with negative hooding. Do you think canthoplasty would correct this?
Idk but I’m sure there’s some surgery that can tighten your lower eyelid to make it more straight and remove the illusion of nct. IMO it’s always better to change bone though which would mean infraorbital implant with saddle to straighten the lower orbital bone.

• +1
Idk but I’m sure there’s some surgery that can tighten your lower eyelid to make it more straight and remove the illusion of nct. IMO it’s always better to change bone though which would mean infraorbital implant with saddle to straighten the lower orbital bone.
just squintmaxx to tigthen lower eyelid

• JFL
Mine is 27 on one eye and 25.4 on the other it's barely noticeable if not even at all lmao

• +1
infraorbital implant with saddle to straighten the lower orbital bone.
Yep. That's my current plan, I've been rethinking what I want to do surgically (still have a year at least until I get anything done), but my current plan is to get genio and then saddled infra implants and see how I feel.

• +1
Reactions: Allornothing
Yep. That's my current plan, I've been rethinking what I want to do surgically (still have a year at least until I get anything done), but my current plan is to get genio and then saddled infra implants and see how I feel.
Check your upper maxilla though since it may be the issue. If your orbital vector isn’t positive then it might be the case that you actually need a malar implant to bring the cheekbones forward.

• +1
it's barely noticeable if not even at all lmao
Honestly this thread was more about WHY I have them, because it doesn't seem to be genetic, no one else in my family that I know of has such round eyes like I do, and I'm curious what causes high/low PFL developmentally.

just squintmaxx to tigthen lower eyelid
It’s the shape of the eyelid that’s the problem not its height. Squinting would just lift the entire eyelid evenly and keep the nct look.

• +1
Check your upper maxilla though since it may be the issue. If your orbital vector isn’t positive then it might be the case that you actually need a malar implant to bring the cheekbones forward.
My orbital vector is slightly negative, I think. I've seen malar implant results and they seem to always look bogged, is there anything that can be done about that? I thought infra implants were for the cheekbones and for a negative orbital vector.

My orbital vector is slightly negative, I think. I've seen malar implant results and they seem to always look bogged, is there anything that can be done about that? I thought infra implants were for the cheekbones and for a negative orbital vector.
View attachment 2461632
You’re probably right I just think it might look unnatural if you bring the infras forward while leaving the cheekbones behind. The point still stands that the bigger issue for you is your lower eyelid shape which a custom infraorbital implant should correct. It needs to be as straight as possible.

• +1
View attachment 2461656

eyebrow shape, thickness and colour. skincare. longer eyelashes. You can try a different hairstyle one with tighter sides, grow a beard/goatee, tanned skin
Thanks. I think for that much eyebrow length I will need a transplant, also I think a supra implant will make them straighter and more prominent on the edges.

View attachment 2461610
Asymmetry in your craniofacial development, or bad genes.

• +1
Any ideas as to what causes poor development in that regard? I suspect I might have FAS, but I made a thread about it, and most people said it did not look like it.
Maybe low prenatal T contributed to low PFL.

• +1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back