3 months after jaw angle implant. Thinking about removing it. In need of experts and honest opinions here

face looks very long in the after picture ngl, shouldve looked into getting some CCW rotation in the maxilla to bring it more forward and upward before getting implants bc now the implants made ur face longer and look downgrown

• +1
Reactions: stressftw
Straight forward: I got jaw angle implants 3 months ago, the design i made with the doc was lookin really decent. Before the surgery i had a very decent jaw width and around 0.91-94 bigonial wdith, but i had a very short ramus which i wanted to correct. So we opted to do a thin design with only 3mm horizontal augmentation and bigger vertical augmentation. The problem is that dehiscence/implant reveal in those cases are very likely to happen and i didnt knew much about masseter dehiscence/implant reveal. My masseters is sitting higher than the implant site, it look really bad when i clench, which creates a discrepancy in volume in those areas. I havent had a sharp design so the implant reveal doesnt look that bad overall but another problem is that the volume on my masseters was the thing that gave my jaw a good width and i dont have it anymore.

The good points and bad points: Now i have a good angularity, very good ramus, also im starting to see hollowing on my face, 3/4 and side profile improved although im not liking the front. My bigonial to bizygo is around 0.83 now, it think maybe it doesnt look too narrow because my gonions are sitting low now giving a more square appearence, but i lost alot of width.

Note: Im still presenting swelling, specially on the right side, there is alot of hanging and thick skin specially inside my mouth and in the area of the sutures. I think the final results will be more visible at 6month mark. But i think at this point i already can access my new face shape. The process was absolutely brutal, mentally and phyisically speaking, i was looking like a complete abomination til 2.5month mark and only started to look "normal" now at 3 months. So for anyone that had jaw implant and are reading it, the recovery process is really long and my face still changing every day.

Concern about the decision of removing it: Im feeling trapped here as im afraid that removing the implants now will leave me with masseter position fucked up anyway and also give me excess skin and sagg. Im feeling very fucked up mentally lately. Also im creating this topic to alert the risks of doing jaw angles, specially if your aim is increase ramus height. it's not a simply thing, is a very invasive procedure, with alot of risks and not easy at all to go back, also if you drop down it vertically like i did you most likely have 99% chance of ending up with dehiscence/ implant reveal. Also the dehiscence can happen whilist removing the implant too, thats why im so worried.

I wanna know opinions on the current state of my face shape because at this point i really dont know if it will be worth it to remove it as i maybe will look even worse now removing it. I think my jaw looks kinda narrow now, but it's mostly because of the lack of soft tissue of the missing masseters that should be there. Im afraid switching for larger horizontal implant would make the masseter discrepancy look even worse too.

Im sorry for blurring the middle of my face in pics is that i dont want to leave it here at this point, hope u guys understand.

Looking like this now at 3 months
View attachment 2760009View attachment 2760005View attachment 2760079View attachment 2760090View attachment 2760022

before

View attachment 2760024

before / after: this photo is like 2.5 months after
View attachment 2760026View attachment 2760032

before / after
View attachment 2760056View attachment 2760057

before 3/4
View attachment 2760135View attachment 2760144
Before making any descion, wait at least a year and get used to your new look. It might take up to 10 months dor swelling to fully disappear.

• +1
Reactions: stressftw
Before making any descion, wait at least a year and get used to your new look. It might take up to 10 months dor swelling to fully disappear.

face looks very long in the after picture ngl, shouldve looked into getting some CCW rotation in the maxilla to bring it more forward and upward before getting implants bc now the implants made ur face longer and look downgrown

Yeah, face changed so much since 3 months, still changing, i have had botox at 1month post surgery to see how it would deal with dehiscence, face thinned alot, making it look kinda bad, but now face widened again because botox wear off and i dont think it looks that bad and narrow like before specially with the hollowing. I still think there is alot of room to skin to readapt and thighten and more residual swelling to subside, ill keep u guys updated

• +1
Reactions: yyamann
you added way too much height with the implants. that increases the risk dehiscence, and it was also unnecessary. Your ramus is too long relative to your mandible now, and your jaw frontal angle is too low. Your jaw also become too narrow. You should swap them out for smaller implants if possible. May i ask who the surgeon was?

Been a while since i dont shave so i will throw a update here clean shaven

Looked better before imo

I also preferred how your frontal jaw shape looked before, quite honestly.

I can see you're trying to mimic Cavill's jaw and cheek hollowing, which kinda makes some sense since all women thirst over him, but obviously there's more to his appeal than just his jaw.