3 years for another degree or not

Tylermax

Tylermax

Kraken
So I'm 22 Should I go to this school I passed the annual exams that has potential and I really like for another 3 years full grind with mandatory labs and classes or use my boring first degree and work? I tried going to the new school this week and I'm kinda feeling burnt out even though I've already socialized with a lot of new people but they are like 4 years younger than me and I kinda feel weird so I'd rather be solo and also its difficult to even get a part time job cuz the school is grind asf. I'm thinking of taking a lot of classes to finish fast but I doubt if I can do it and it won't be enjoyable. I don't regret not choosing this field earlier cuz I wasn't aware of it. It's an IT related degree with good prospects. You can work remote which you can't do in my first degree (a humanities degree but Ive already worked before starting this new school and wasn't that great). One negative is that the first classes are kinda irrelevant and they are mandatory but I gotta pass them but later the classes are really good. Another option is a bootcamp to have a speedrun but 1st I believe a bachelor's is way better and 2nd Im not a rich kid to invest in these. Give me an honest opinion

what is your first degree?

So I'm 22 Should I go to this school I passed the annual exams that has potential and I really like for another 3 years full grind with mandatory labs and classes or use my boring first degree and work? I tried going to the new school this week and I'm kinda feeling burnt out even though I've already socialized with a lot of new people but they are like 4 years younger than me and I kinda feel weird so I'd rather be solo and also its difficult to even get a part time job cuz the school is grind asf. I'm thinking of taking a lot of classes to finish fast but I doubt if I can do it and it won't be enjoyable. I don't regret not choosing this field earlier cuz I wasn't aware of it. It's an IT related degree with good prospects. You can work remote which you can't do in my first degree (a humanities degree but Ive already worked before starting this new school and wasn't that great). One negative is that the first classes are kinda irrelevant and they are mandatory but I gotta pass them but later the classes are really good. Another option is a bootcamp to have a speedrun but 1st I believe a bachelor's is way better and 2nd Im not a rich kid to invest in these. Give me an honest opinion
what is the second degree that you want. I think you need to be more specific or we cant really advise lol.

what is your first degree?
what is the second degree that you want. I think you need to be more specific or we cant really advise lol.
First degree is humanities with meaningless office things you do long hours and no evolution second degree is complete opposite.its tech based you learn software and can evolve in it and I can see myself doing it in the long run

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and poopoohead
First degree is humanities with meaningless office things you do long hours and no evolution second degree is complete opposite.its tech based you learn software and can evolve in it and I can see myself doing it in the long run
Is it CS? Can’t you just do some certifications instead of a full degree?

Is it CS? Can’t you just do some certifications instead of a full degree?
I don't know how legitimate they are in my country and I don't have money atm to do some. It's either 3 years, full grind the 1st year all day and get a bachelor's, a free paid internship the school provides and a chance to travel abroad for 6months and exchange some classes with other unis or 6-8months (how ever long these programs last and -6000€ and I don't even know if you can outcompete people with a bachelor's). But tbh you can still learn lots of stuff through online but I don't wanna give up the idea of a second degree. But I'll be 25 maybe 26 old boomer by the time I finish completely. Idk what to do. Please help me chad

OP used to be for me to join him on discord to troll white goofy foids

• JFL
Reactions: Tylermax
26 is not boomer that’s literally ur prime as a man jfl

• So Sad
Reactions: Tylermax
Go get a trade. You already wasted 4 years on meaningless dribble (and lost 4 years of wages) and could lose 3 more. Trades are learned on the job and will get you cash now. Just chose the right trade - some are better than others.

Go get a trade. You already wasted 4 years on meaningless dribble (and lost 4 years of wages) and could lose 3 more. Trades are learned on the job and will get you cash now. Just chose the right trade - some are better than others.
I don't care about purely making lots of money. I care about career potential and status. No trade can give me that and no trade I can think of doing in the long run. Plus my dad used to be a plumber. He did make money but now hes having back problems ever since he had his early pension 10 years ago

Last edited: