5 months into calisthenics and i'm not happy with my physique, give advice

mizrahi_hater

mizrahi_hater

Swallow the duginpill
I'm doing calisthenics strengty training natural, My arms are 13 inches which is not alot but respectable, my chest isn't that developed,

my abs are covered in fat partially i'm 15%, becouse i'm 16 there is no muscle maturity yet so my muscle looks like fat,

I also have kyphosis which makes visible abs more difficult, aside of the kyphosis i have average physique with legendary 21 inches legs,

not giving up i don't know what is wrong with my chest, going on a cut rn i hope that my abs will be visible

• +1
Reactions: mug, SubhumanCurrycel and Deleted member 18879
my chest didn't start growing until I switched from dumbbells and body-weight to heavier barbell type training.

• +1
Reactions: mizrahi_hater, AscendingHero, SubhumanCurrycel and 1 other person
my chest didn't start growing until I switched from dumbbells and body-weight to heavier barbell type training.
So what do you reccomend to grow chest? Are dips enough?

0ade10e9 a27d 40a9 ba62 271a7d07fbf2
this is my physique, not asking to rate

• JFL
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: capybara, Rt-Rust1, SkullDynamics and 16 others
This is interesting because I heard from many men that for them it was the exact opposite and they got more gains after switching from barbell to dumbbell bench press. Which also makes sense because of the superior range of motion

• +1
Reactions: n0rthface and mogging
dude no offense but are you trolling?
I have kyphosis which pushes my belly forward, my bodyfat is normal jjst not lean,
Screenshot 20220912 202914 OKOK
my muscle looks like fat just becouse of muscle maturity you need to read about that, i can do 10 dips which is a proof i have muscle mass

• +1
Reactions: Patient A and Elvisandreaa
get some big ass milk jugs and fill them with water, press those off the floor or a bench, alternatively just get dumbbells, or do your dips weighted, preferably just start lifting heavier.
This is interesting because I heard from many men that for them it was the exact opposite and they got more gains after switching from barbell to dumbbell bench press. Which also makes sense because of the superior range of motion

G0032415

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Pharmaceutic and Deleted member 16474
@RoundHouse What do yall have to day about this
Dude your bf and belly should be the least of your concerns.

You are a turbo framelet this is what fucks your physique up

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Yerico7, Deprived, ManzareK and 2 others
Dude your bf and belly should be the least of your concerns.

You are a turbo framelet this is what fucks your physique up
Holy shit, the good thing is that frame and height don't matter if you have good face

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Rt-Rust1 and germanlooks
Its over for mtn's like me, blondes only want chadlites

Holy shit, the good thing is that frame and height don't matter if you have good face
I would have agreed...
But in your case it’s not like your Face is much better tbh

How tall are you?
You should get a gym membership and try to build the delts and Lats as big as possible while leaning further down to make your waist smaller

I would have agreed...
But in your case it’s not like your Face is much better tbh

How tall are you?
You should get a gym membership and try to build the delts and Lats as big as possible while leaning further down to make your waist smaller
I'm 5' 9" and done growing, i do calisthenics becouse its fun

Simply eat at maintenance/ tiny surplus and do 5/3/1 boring but big

All of this and i'm autistic, dating is tough for me, my hope now is getting leaner, i got promises that you can get a good physique with calisthenics, i will try gym see how it works

How tf do you know? I'm 100% fully ashkenazi , which means i got great genetics and white privelige
you look terrible and ethnic, that's how I know. Subhuman wide hips and bloated ugly face.

Also jfl at "how tf do you know?"

I have a jewdar

RingedAdmiredAfghanhound-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: Yerico7, Slob and mizrahi_hater
  • JFL
Reactions: Patient A
I'm doing calisthenics strengty training natural, My arms are 13 inches which is not alot but respectable, my chest isn't that developed,

my abs are covered in fat partially i'm 15%, becouse i'm 16 there is no muscle maturity yet so my muscle looks like fat,

I also have kyphosis which makes visible abs more difficult, aside of the kyphosis i have average physique with legendary 21 inches legs,

not giving up i don't know what is wrong with my chest, going on a cut rn i hope that my abs will be visible
Dips are "enough" for the lower part of your chest, but if you only rely on them your upper chest will be lacking.
It will be "enough" if you apply a proper strategy using them too. I don't know what's your strength level but as with everything you want to make sure to apply progressive overload as you get stronger. Are you able to do weighted dips with good form yet, and if yes with how much weight?

i can do 10 dips which is a proof i have muscle mass
If you are talking about pure bodyweight 10 dips, no offense but that's weak at 15% bodyfat 5'9.
You claim to have been training for 5 months. What was your strength like when you had just started and how much progress have you made with different exercises?

Dips are "enough" for the lower part of your chest, but if you only rely on them your upper chest will be lacking.
It will be "enough" if you apply a proper strategy using them too. I don't know what's your strength level but as with everything you want to make sure to apply progressive overload as you get stronger. Are you able to do weighted dips with good form yet, and if yes with how much weight?

If you are talking about pure bodyweight 10 dips, no offense but that's weak at 15% bodyfat 5'9.
You claim to have been training for 5 months. What was your strength like when you had just started and how much progress have you made with different exercises?
10 dips is tiny compared to a gym goers for years but i started 5 months ago, 10 dips, 6 pull ups, 32 push ups, 9 second hold tuck front lever

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Patient A and Racky
10 dips is tiny compared to a gym goers for years but i started 5 months ago, 10 dips, 6 pull ups, 32 push ups, 9 second hold tuck front lever
5 months ago you were able to do how much dips, pull ups, push ups and tuck front levers?

If your goal is hypertrophy stop doing 32 push ups and try an harder progression that challenges your chest more.
imo the best push up variation for hypertrophy that I would recommend are ring push ups

do them like he says in the video. Ring push ups done like that are great for hypertrophy because you can fully contract your chest at the top using adduction, and then fully stretch them at the bottom using a bulgarian ring push up kind of position. This is because the rings can be moved. When you get stronger you can make the exercise harder by adding weight with a backpack(not the best option as it restricts the scapula), or a belt with weight attached to it(best option but harder to set up, need to be elevated)
The exercise above is the calisthenics equivalent of that and has the exact same advantages of greater ROM and increased amount of transverse flexion/adduction. I believe the ring push ups above are even better. With dumbbell bench pressing you lose much tension in your chest at the top position when you are supposed to be in full contraction and the dumbbells clank together, and the exercise is only tough really at the bottom position. With ring push ups the tension is more constant both at the bottom and top. You are not that limited as far as progression goes, your body + additional weight attached to a belt can easily provide you as much resistance as you would from dumbbell bench press

• +1
Reactions: Julius and mizrahi_hater
Start with your mental health first:

I made too fucking mistakes, looking better is the only thing that can make me look better, starting with the belly

do both init

• +1
Reactions: germanlooks
I made too fucking mistakes, looking better is the only thing that can make me look better, starting with the belly
There's alot of things you can do to look better at you current situation but it all meaningless if you don't have a strong mind to start with, Everything start with a strong mind first.

5 months ago you were able to do how much dips, pull ups, push ups and tuck front levers?

If your goal is hypertrophy stop doing 32 push ups and try an harder progression that challenges your chest more.
imo the best push up variation for hypertrophy that I would recommend are ring push ups

do them like he says in the video. Ring push ups done like that are great for hypertrophy because you can fully contract your chest at the top using adduction, and then fully stretch them at the bottom using a bulgarian ring push up kind of position. This is because the rings can be moved. When you get stronger you can make the exercise harder by adding weight with a backpack(not the best option as it restricts the scapula), or a belt with weight attached to it(best option but harder to set up, need to be elevated)

The exercise above is the calisthenics equivalent of that and has the exact same advantages of greater ROM and increased amount of transverse flexion/adduction. I believe the ring push ups above are even better. With dumbbell bench pressing you lose much tension in your chest at the top position when you are supposed to be in full contraction and the dumbbells clank together, and the exercise is only tough really at the bottom position. With ring push ups the tension is more constant both at the bottom and top. You are not that limited as far as progression goes, your body + additional weight attached to a belt can easily provide you as much resistance as you would from dumbbell bench press

Thank you, ring pushups then archer rings pushups might fix my chest

• Hmm...
Reactions: Racky
He needs hgh, and his growth plates are closed so it’s over.
He would need to spam reeves deadlift, swim his ass off and get hip reduction surgery to even have a normal frame ded srs

He needs hgh, and his growth plates are closed so it’s over.
He would need to spam reeves deadlift, swim his ass off and get hip reduction surgery to even have a normal frame ded srs
he'll be fine if he just lifts heavy.

• +1
Reactions: mizrahi_hater
Whats all that shit on your floor, there's a elephant toy, a ball with a knife stuck through it :lul:
Its not stuck inside the ball and its a wood branch, and the family's bitch is doing mess aka the elephant

How tf do you know? I'm 100% fully ashkenazi , which means i got great genetics and white privelige
jews generally have pretty bad genetics. But that aside, you need to get serious with your diet and hope you can grow your frame some more before you finish puberty. If you hit 18 and still have such a boyish frame then roidmax.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Slob and mizrahi_hater
jews generally have pretty bad genetics. But that aside, you need to get serious with your diet and hope you can grow your frame some more before you finish puberty. If you hit 18 and still have such a boyish frame then roidmax.
I will never touch roids, my frame stopped growing