5 months of Tretinoin/Adapalene/Retinal : feedback

Akatlyn

Akatlyn

Platinum
I alternate the 3 : I don't use the 3 the same days. It allows me to use a retinoid every day but it seems that Adapalene is the one that causes to me the more redness. Tretinoin less redness while it's supposed more agressive

Why did I take it? My acne came back years after Accutane (I'm 29 now and I took accutane when I was 18). I think it's inflammatory acne.
Also I learnt about anti aging effect and that's good to me as I'm more than 25 and I lost a lot of collagen already.

Conclusion :
After 5 months, my acne almost completely disappeared. I just have very discret pimples. My skin is definitely smoother too. Pores are less visible and no skin inflammation anymore.
My hairs look good too, no hair shedding.
However, anti aging effects are disappointed. I'm not sure if it's more than before but my nasolabial foids are very prominent. Maybe it's because skin get thinner the first months before it gets thicker will more collagen.

• +1
Reactions: caiolindo, SkullDynamics, Hernan and 3 others
no pic no care

thank you for the report. I also started using Tretinoin for Anti Aging reasons. I am 27 and my nasolabialfold got more and more visible. Hope it will help. Have you tried PDO Threads?

I alternate the 3 : I don't use the 3 the same days. It allows me to use a retinoid every day but it seems that Adapalene is the one that causes to me the more redness. Tretinoin less redness while it's supposed more agressive

Why did I take it? My acne came back years after Accutane (I'm 29 now and I took accutane when I was 18). I think it's inflammatory acne.
Also I learnt about anti aging effect and that's good to me as I'm more than 25 and I lost a lot of collagen already.

Conclusion :
After 5 months, my acne almost completely disappeared. I just have very discret pimples. My skin is definitely smoother too. Pores are less visible and no skin inflammation anymore.
My hairs look good too, no hair shedding.
However, anti aging effects are disappointed. I'm not sure if it's more than before but my nasolabial foids are very prominent. Maybe it's because skin get thinner the first months before it gets thicker will more collagen.

You shouldn't put it on your naso folds. Did you do a research of your own outside of this forum?
Here is the r/tretinoin community. (Members are 95+ % foids.)
And they have a small wiki available from reddit. Here it says you shouldn't put it directly on naso folds, just as you shouldn't put it directly under the eyes. (ctrl + f search on "fold")

Sorry, this rant is not against you, you are one of the more intelligent people here, but I fucking hate how people don't do actual research (like reading about a topic for a least several hours) and then use something in the wrong way, and then cry about it not working. This applies to tret, volufiline, skincare, and a lots of other topics discussed here. Specifically here, I didn't even realize this same thing after a few months of using tret.

• +1
Reactions: germanlooksmaxxer@g
thank you for the report. I also started using Tretinoin for Anti Aging reasons. I am 27 and my nasolabialfold got more and more visible. Hope it will help. Have you tried PDO Threads?

I am 30 and on tret since last June. It works fucking great both for anti-aging and acnes. I used up one 0,025 tube, then one 0,05 tube and now using mostly 0,1. I only noticed some peeling on 0,1.

Edit: It says you will notice the anti-aging effects (with proper use!) after 6-9 months, but I guess it also depends on the strength you use. I gave it a year, but saw results after this 6-9 months period.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: germanlooksmaxxer@g
You shouldn't put it on your naso folds. Did you do a research of your own outside of this forum?
Here is the r/tretinoin community. (Members are 95+ % foids.)
And they have a small wiki available from reddit. Here it says you shouldn't put it directly on naso folds, just as you shouldn't put it directly under the eyes. (ctrl + f search on "fold")

Sorry, this rant is not against you, you are one of the more intelligent people here, but I fucking hate how people don't do actual research (like reading about a topic for a least several hours) and then use something in the wrong way, and then cry about it not working. This applies to tret, volufiline, skincare, and a lots of other topics discussed here. Specifically here, I didn't even realize this same thing after a few months of using tret.
Thank you so much for warning me. The thread I read told me that it is great for building collagen and just to avoid the under eye area.

I tried PDO mono threads at my zygos and nasolabialfolds and it helped a little bit. Also recommend if you suffer from a deep nasolabialfold.

You said that it worked great for anti aging. Did your nasolabialfold got better even if u dont apply the tret there?

I also recommend botox for forehead lines. I was sceptical at first because they were not as deep but it gave me insane glow and also a better eyebrow position, more of a badboy-look.

Thank you so much for warning me. The thread I read told me that it is great for building collagen and just to avoid the under eye area.

I tried PDO mono threads at my zygos and nasolabialfolds and it helped a little bit. Also recommend if you suffer from a deep nasolabialfold.

You said that it worked great for anti aging. Did your nasolabialfold got better even if u dont apply the tret there?

I also recommend botox for forehead lines. I was sceptical at first because they were not as deep but it gave me insane glow and also a better eyebrow position, more of a badboy-look.

I don't have naso folds, because I have a very forward grown maxilla and at 30 I barely have smile lines and zero naso folds. Still I avoid that smile line/naso fold area, as recommended. I always smile, when applying the tret gel on that area and avoid the line.

Yes, the tretinoin migrates a little bit below the skin to the nearing areas where you don't put any. So even if you don't put any on your naso folds or under eye, etc, some still migrates there and have a positive effect, only don't apply it directly.

I was thinking about botox last year. In my country only doctors can give you botox and when I had a consultation with a doctor about a mole removal surgery, I asked him about botox too. He said I'd be fucking stupid to do botox, because I look great without it and he explained more about how you might look unnatural or how the constant filling and emptying of botox from your skin can change it and make it worse in the long term. For now, I am fine without it.
I started to have forehead lines only at the age of 29 and they are not prominent, I made peace with them. Forehead lines only (if you don't let them become too deep) doesn't make you old looking on their own. I try to avoid botox and fillers, for as long as possible.

i took accutane for 3 months, from august to november, i stopped and started tret on february, my skin is clean but i still have blackheads, i will hop on accutane again when i have the chance