5 proofs for the existence of God

mogstars

mogstars

dont feel sorry for yourself
Thomas Aquinas' Five Ways to Prove the Existence of God

from http://guava.phil.lehigh.edu/aquinas/fiveways.html

1. The First Way: Motion.
2. The Second Way: Efficient Cause.
3. The Third Way: Possibility and Necessity.
4. The Fourth Way: Gradation.
5. The Fifth Way: Design.

General Remarks:

* Later thinkers classed all five ways as variants of the cosmological argument for the existence of God. Cosmology is the study of the origins and structure of the universe; each of the five ways is a reflection on the conditions which must have been in place in order for the universe, or some observed feature of the universe, to come about.
* The fourth way looks, at first blush, like a variation on the ontological argument. But like the other four ways, it's a posteriori. Anselm's argument is a priori. It is criticized by Aquinas in Summa I.II.1 (p. 417). Further, says Aquinas (I.II.2), any demonstration of the existence of God must be from the effects of God known to us; it must be a posteriori.
* The fifth way resembles a version of the teleological argument, or argument from design. Though the canonical argument from design is of much later vintage (17 Century), Aquinas might not object to this identification. The teleological argument, after all, is a posteriori.

The First Way: Motion

1. All bodies are either potentially in motion or actually in motion.
2. "But nothing can be reduced from potentiality to actuality, except by something in a state of actuality" (419).
3. Nothing can be at once in both actuality and potentiality in the same respect.
4. Therefore nothing can be at once in both actuality and potentiality with respect to motion
5. Therefore nothing can move itself; it must be put into motion by something else.
6. If there were no "first mover, moved by no other" there would be no motion.
7. But there is motion.
8. Therefore there is a first mover, God.

The Second Way: Efficient Cause

1. Nothing is the efficient cause of itself.
2. If A is the efficient cause of B, then if A is absent, so is B.
3. Efficient causes are ordered from first cause, through intermediate cause(s), to ultimate effect.
4. By (2) and (3), if there is no first cause, there cannot be any ultimate effect.
5. But there are effects.
6. Therefore there must be a first cause for all of them: God.

The Third Way: Possibility and Necessity

1. "We find in nature things that are possible to be and not to be:" contingent beings.
2. Everything is either necessary or contingent.
3. Assume that everything is contingent.
4. "It is impossible for [contingent beings] always to exist, for that which can not-be at some time is not."
5. Therefore, by (3) and (4), at one time there was nothing.
6. "That which does not exist begins to exist only through something already existing."
7. Therefore, by (5) and (6), there is nothing now.
8. But there is something now!
9. Therefore (3) is false.
10. Therefore, by (2), there is a necessary being: God.

The Fourth Way: Gradation

1. There is a gradation to be found in things: some are better (hotter, colder, etc.) than others.
2. Things are X in proportion to how closely the resemble that which is most X.
3. Therefore, if there is nothing which is most X, there can be nothing which is good.
4. It follows that if anything is good, there must be something that is most good.
5. "Therefore there must also be something which is to all beings the cause of their being, goodness, and every other perfection; and this we call God" (420).

The Fifth Way: Design

1. We observe that natural bodies act toward ends.
2. Anything that acts toward an end either acts out of knowledge, or under the direction of something with knowledge, "as the arrow is directed by the archer."
3. But many natural beings lack knowledge.
4. "Therefore some intelligent being exists by whom all natural things are directed to their end; and this being we call God" (420).

Another page on the five ways

@BigBiceps @Eternal_ @AlexBrown84

@Lynxress @mayo mogger

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: ominion, lemonnz, LooksThinker and 7 others
First reason is by far the best, especially when considering the nature of gravity, time, and the big bang.

How in the absence of space, not even time could flow, it requires mass, like gravity. There was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING before mass, NOT EVEN TIME

It must be the result of a higher dimensions acting upon us

Whether this is good or bad I'm not sure yet.

Reptiles or ctmu, on the fritz

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Zukiteru, st.hamudi but 6‘5, scrunchables and 1 other person
Despite this world's massive shortcomings, all I see is God's work when I see the design of nature.

• Woah
Reactions: mogstars
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: st.hamudi but 6‘5, mogstars and scrunchables
Atheism is silly - God exists, I have no doubt.
However the question that Abrahamicels cannot convincingly answer is how they know their god is the correct one. Or whether he's even worth worshipping at all...

• +1
Reactions: Meteor21, ominion, tombradylover and 1 other person
However the question that Abrahamicels cannot convincingly answer is how they know their god is the correct one. Or whether he's even worth worshipping at all...
Christians definitely have the best evidence-based ones.

Everyone would be Christian if Jews didn’t manipulate and hide information.

It is only Christian and Anti-Christ as other abrahamaic religions deny Jesus as God.

You just have to investigate the claim that Jesus existed, completed more than 380 6000-year old prophecies, claimed himself to be God, and resurrected.

If that is false, then you might investigate the others and their claims, and if they have concrete evidence stronger than Jesus for their claims. (Spoiler: I don’t think any even comes close)

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ominion, LooksThinker and SidharthTheSlayer
  • +1
Reactions: Lynxress
ZomboMeme 29022024092230

• +1
Reactions: Psychophilly
ZomboMeme 29022024090744

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ominion and pig_face
Christianty is still retarded because free will

woah woah, we don't know that!
That is pretty well-established in physics, anything else is Jewish tales
and why the first mover is god? like this is insane jump in conclusion.
Because it has to be above-nature (supernatural) as it couldn’t possibly be nature. And the combination with the other proofs.
this was just purely false.
It is not purely false, if it is purely false, provide your case as you have disproved nothing!

This is simple Platonic reasoning and I do not think you are smarter than Plato myself

just playing with words as usual, abusing errors in language.
No, this is not the case at all. You are possessed by the spirit of Jacob Rothschild!

You can translate this to any language and it will still be the same, how is it “errors in language” unless you’re stupid enough to not understand what is described?

• +1
Reactions: Psychophilly
ZomboMeme 29022024093449

• +1
Reactions: lemonnz
Christianty is still retarded because free will
As in free will existing in Christianity, or not existing?

Because free will is pretty fundamental to it unless you’re some weird Protestant denomination

That is pretty well-established in physics, anything else is Jewish tales

Because it has to be above-nature (supernatural) as it couldn’t possibly be nature. And the combination with the other proofs.

It is not purely false, if it is purely false, provide your case as you have disproved nothing!

This is simple Platonic reasoning and I do not think you are smarter than Plato myself

No, this is not the case at all. You are possessed by the spirit of Jacob Rothschild!

You can translate this to any language and it will still be the same, how is it “errors in language” unless you’re stupid enough to not understand what is described?
ok

As in free will existing in Christianity, or not existing?

Because free will is pretty fundamental to it unless you’re some weird Protestant denomination
Free will existing is retard or so by that Christianty is retarded

• JFL
Reactions: mog_me
Free will existing is retard or so by that Christianty is retarded
1. What defines free will, my esteemed friend? Is it not the ability to make choices independently, free from external coercion or deterministic forces?

2. Consider your own experiences of decision-making. Have you not, at times, felt torn between different options? And in those moments, did you not sense a profound agency in making your choice?

3. Let us ponder the notion of responsibility. When we act, do we not also bear responsibility for the outcomes? If our actions were merely predetermined or coerced, could we still be held morally accountable?

4. Imagine, if you will, a scenario with multiple paths before you. Do you not feel empowered to select one course of action over another? Does this not suggest a genuine capacity for choice?

Christians definitely have the best evidence-based ones.

Everyone would be Christian if Jews didn’t manipulate and hide information.

It is only Christian and Anti-Christ as other abrahamaic religions deny Jesus as God.

You just have to investigate the claim that Jesus existed, completed more than 380 6000-year old prophecies, claimed himself to be God, and resurrected.

If that is false, then you might investigate the others and their claims, and if they have concrete evidence stronger than Jesus for their claims. (Spoiler: I don’t think any even comes close)

It's hard to prove he didn't resurrect... but it still doesn't make sense for billions of non-believers to be wrong. And if there is no consequence for not being a Christian, why should anyone be Christian?

View attachment 2775479

Break free from being a Jewish slave and getting your opinions off Jewoogle!
😂😂😂😂😂😂

Hitler was a nationalist not a Christian lmao, you are the one who downloaded this image from jewoogle.

There is no proof that he was Christian or religious. He was a true nation lover not a religious faggot

Too many words dnr

1. What defines free will, my esteemed friend? Is it not the ability to make choices independently, free from external coercion or deterministic forces?

2. Consider your own experiences of decision-making. Have you not, at times, felt torn between different options? And in those moments, did you not sense a profound agency in making your choice?

3. Let us ponder the notion of responsibility. When we act, do we not also bear responsibility for the outcomes? If our actions were merely predetermined or coerced, could we still be held morally accountable?

4. Imagine, if you will, a scenario with multiple paths before you. Do you not feel empowered to select one course of action over another? Does this not suggest a genuine capacity for choice?
1 tjat and include not randomness.

2. Yes i have but it can been randombess my biology and enverioment make pic one choice over the other.

3. This dosent matter because truth can be bad.

4. No it does not. the question why I pic tje so called choice me having empower to select one choice over not shows its pre detirment

• Hmm...
IMG 20240229 214953
IMG 20240229 215406

Look at this religious jew worshippers @mogstars @BigBiceps

not a molceule

It's hard to prove he didn't resurrect... but it doesn't make sense for billions of non-believers to be wrong. And if there is no consequence for not being a Christian, why should anyone be Christian?
Believing nothing is easy, it is the mark of the fool.

Animals believe nothing, pigs are the most non-believing! It is animalistic that people might believe nothing.

Nothing is nothing. There is nothing to argue.

What you have to argue is where there is something. Whether it be science, Christianity, Hinduism… then you can argue about something that exists and if what it claims is truthful or not.

if there is no consequence for not being a Christian, why should anyone be Christian?
Depends on what you specifically believe as a Christian but I’d argue there is consequence for rejecting Christ

John 14:6 – “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through me.”

Although: “The Eastern Orthodox Church doesn’t really have a set definition of what Hell is or if its even a place or a state of being. It does not advance the idea that non-Orthodox will go to Hell on account of their lack of Orthodoxy.

The obsession with Heaven and Hell is a largely Western attitude that the Orthodox never really adopted.

The difference between western Christians and eastern Christians is like the difference between a student who want to get an “A” in his class and a student who wants to learn the content of the course.

If you do what you are supposed to, then the results will follow, and you will not need to worry about them.”

• +1
Reactions: SidharthTheSlayer
  • JFL
Reactions: Kamui
Did this nigga just screenshot Wikipedia as a source :lul:

Actual low-IQ abused Jew slave dog.

View attachment 2775536
Nigger, you are the jew worshipper 😂😂

Who believes Hitler was a Christian, he literally hated christianity and saw it as a tool to control masses.

Keep sucking that jew cock

There is no proof that he was Christian or religious. He was a true nation lover not a religious faggot
There is no proof… if you disregard the proof :smonk:

That image is not even allowed on Jewoogle retard

There is no proof… if you disregard the proof :smonk:

That image is not even allowed on Jewoogle retard
Source: This retards ass that Hitler was a Christian lmao

Keep coping jew ball sniffer

• JFL
Reactions: pig_face
do you have more threads on christianity? I´m interested

• Love it
water, never doubted that he exists, in fact it is obvious and logical

• Love it
Source: This retards ass that Hitler was a Christian lmao

Keep coping jew ball sniffer
Source: What Hitler actually said and wrote, and the Nazis, you retard bitch :lul:

Jesus was a jew

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker
not a pixel

Aquinas arguments are a laughing stock for academics in philosophy. I think I’ll listen to them. Aquinas was an IQ mogger though

Aquinas arguments are a laughing stock for academics in philosophy. I think I’ll listen to them. Aquinas was an IQ mogger though

academics in philosophy

Appeal to authority fallacy occurs when we accept a claim merely because someone tells us that an authority figure supports that claim.

View attachment 2861579View attachment 2861582View attachment 2861583

Appeal to authority fallacy occurs when we accept a claim merely because someone tells us that an authority figure supports that claim.
Oooh are those pictures of your Grindr dates?

Anyway you can reject his arguments by denying Aristotelean causation, and modern science would serve as my justification for denying it.

Also non of his arguments logically follow and there’s a lack of clarity in the words he brings up, like “potentiality”

Yeah, abrahamic religions just seem like fear mongering

Thomas Aquinas' Five Ways to Prove the Existence of God

from http://guava.phil.lehigh.edu/aquinas/fiveways.html

1. The First Way: Motion.
2. The Second Way: Efficient Cause.
3. The Third Way: Possibility and Necessity.
4. The Fourth Way: Gradation.
5. The Fifth Way: Design.

General Remarks:

* Later thinkers classed all five ways as variants of the cosmological argument for the existence of God. Cosmology is the study of the origins and structure of the universe; each of the five ways is a reflection on the conditions which must have been in place in order for the universe, or some observed feature of the universe, to come about.
* The fourth way looks, at first blush, like a variation on the ontological argument. But like the other four ways, it's a posteriori. Anselm's argument is a priori. It is criticized by Aquinas in Summa I.II.1 (p. 417). Further, says Aquinas (I.II.2), any demonstration of the existence of God must be from the effects of God known to us; it must be a posteriori.
* The fifth way resembles a version of the teleological argument, or argument from design. Though the canonical argument from design is of much later vintage (17 Century), Aquinas might not object to this identification. The teleological argument, after all, is a posteriori.

The First Way: Motion

1. All bodies are either potentially in motion or actually in motion.
2. "But nothing can be reduced from potentiality to actuality, except by something in a state of actuality" (419).
3. Nothing can be at once in both actuality and potentiality in the same respect.
4. Therefore nothing can be at once in both actuality and potentiality with respect to motion
5. Therefore nothing can move itself; it must be put into motion by something else.
6. If there were no "first mover, moved by no other" there would be no motion.
7. But there is motion.
8. Therefore there is a first mover, God.

The Second Way: Efficient Cause

1. Nothing is the efficient cause of itself.
2. If A is the efficient cause of B, then if A is absent, so is B.
3. Efficient causes are ordered from first cause, through intermediate cause(s), to ultimate effect.
4. By (2) and (3), if there is no first cause, there cannot be any ultimate effect.
5. But there are effects.
6. Therefore there must be a first cause for all of them: God.

The Third Way: Possibility and Necessity

1. "We find in nature things that are possible to be and not to be:" contingent beings.
2. Everything is either necessary or contingent.
3. Assume that everything is contingent.
4. "It is impossible for [contingent beings] always to exist, for that which can not-be at some time is not."
5. Therefore, by (3) and (4), at one time there was nothing.
6. "That which does not exist begins to exist only through something already existing."
7. Therefore, by (5) and (6), there is nothing now.
8. But there is something now!
9. Therefore (3) is false.
10. Therefore, by (2), there is a necessary being: God.

The Fourth Way: Gradation

1. There is a gradation to be found in things: some are better (hotter, colder, etc.) than others.
2. Things are X in proportion to how closely the resemble that which is most X.
3. Therefore, if there is nothing which is most X, there can be nothing which is good.
4. It follows that if anything is good, there must be something that is most good.
5. "Therefore there must also be something which is to all beings the cause of their being, goodness, and every other perfection; and this we call God" (420).

The Fifth Way: Design

1. We observe that natural bodies act toward ends.
2. Anything that acts toward an end either acts out of knowledge, or under the direction of something with knowledge, "as the arrow is directed by the archer."
3. But many natural beings lack knowledge.
4. "Therefore some intelligent being exists by whom all natural things are directed to their end; and this being we call God" (420).

Another page on the five ways

@BigBiceps @Eternal_ @AlexBrown84

@Lynxress @mayo mogger
Not a single molecule all are already debunked

Yeah, abrahamic religions just seem like fear mongering
Orthodox Christianity does not have a literal hell, I don't think Jews do either, hell is a pagan invention taken by the roman catholics from the pagan religions and by satanic muslims.

What Jesus does talk about with his sermons is the destruction of the soul from the separation of God, which is exactly what happens.

• +1
Reactions: Meteor21
Orthodox Christianity does not have a literal hell, I don't think Jews do either, hell is a pagan invention taken by the roman catholics from the pagan religions and by satanic muslims.

What Jesus does talk about with his sermons is the destruction of the soul from the separation of God, which is exactly what happens.
Yeah, I've heard interpretations of hell and if it even exists vary widely in Christianity. Kinda makes it less believable when some Christians get giddy with excitement over nonbelievers going to hell, and their obsession with the end times.