90% of philosophy is complete garbage, and that includes the so-called "greats" like Nietzsche or Hegel

also while middle earth is one of my favorite fictional universes, and LOTR is one of my favorite stories ever, its not philosophy . theres no questioning, its just basically the oversimplistic black and white christian idea of pure good and pure evil, plus some hippie ideology with the nature loving. it, along with the bible i do think are great guidebooks for morals and how to live life but they're not insightful philosophically, cuz they don't try to be

all ops "recommended" works are simplistic pseudo christian books lmao. philosophy was too complex for him so he ran back to simplistic christianity lmao. not realizing that religion is just applied philosophy lol. all it does is take philosophical ideas and prescribe what it thinks is the "right" way of life and thinking from them

ffs the entirety of science and technology was built on philosophy. the scientific method was based on empiricism and logic