A bodybuilding expert told me salt bloating is a myth

Deusmaximus

Deusmaximus

Kraken
He competed 3 times on natural bodybuilding contests and has very good knowledge of bodybuilding. I asked him if he goes down with salt before competition to get more lean and vascular.
He said its a big myth, and he even ate between 5-10g of salt close to the competition. I saw his face, and it was lean as fuck. Even with above average salt consumption.
Also facial leanness and bloating will not be influenced by normal/healthy salt intake. Its all about low bodyfat and being shredded.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Sny, Deleted member 15539, Deleted member 24444 and 14 others
Carbs are what kills my looks. Yes, extreme salt intake can create puffiness but we're talking like 10+ grams daily.

I can't have wheat, pasta, pizza etc. in large quantities without losing like 1.5 PSL for the next 1-2 days. I hate how starchy white carbs bloat the face.

Water weight is a satanic invention.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19051 and Gurthee_Dong
Salt n water manipulation is a thing

So salt CAN make u retain liquids - because it dries u out

But if u just take a equal amount of salt all the time maybe it wouldnt make dramatic shifts in look

• +1
Reactions: looksseg, Deleted member 24444 and Cristiano88
I put salt on everything haven’t gained fat or bloating. Depends which kinds salt though

I swear by feeling less bloated with lower salt intake.

Try and see, easy test

hes wrong, maybe trying to misguide you

I literally just a few days ago upped my salt a ton and woke up the next morning pissed because I looked like I gained 5 lbs overnight. I cut it back down and took a small amt of potassium and I looked on par with my leanest again. So he's wrong, but the standard RDAs on sodium are bullshit.

• +1
Reactions: Mouthbreath
the leaner you are, the less bloating you get, it's not necessarily a myth, but doesn't happen in practice in this demographic since they're sub 10% bodyfat.

when I eat 4k+ calories worth of mcdonalds I still get less bloating than any 20% bodyfat normie that just ate a sandwich.

• +1
Reactions: Gandy
I literally just a few days ago upped my salt a ton and woke up the next morning pissed because I looked like I gained 5 lbs overnight. I cut it back down and took a small amt of potassium and I looked on par with my leanest again. So he's wrong, but the standard RDAs on sodium are bullshit.
Yeah, the official RDA, 6 grams of sodium (~10 grams of salt) is complete bullshit peddled by processed food manufacturers.
That amount makes me look subhuman.

I can live just fine on 1-2 grams and it has zero effect on your face.

Heart health organizations have advocated 1,3 to 2 grams for decades.

It is important to keep salt intake constant, I'm almost convinced salt bloats you. But only if you eat very little salt usually and then eat like 10g a day, the next couple of days you will be bloated.

it’s comical that people still think sodium doesn’t bloat, just try low sodium whilst drinking a lot of water for 3 days and look in the mirror and you will clearly see how subhuman salt makes you.

Salt shouldn't bloat you in adequate amounts, if it does then there might be an imbalance in nutrients. Potassium and magnesium are the key minerals that help keeping fluid balance. There are other things like your thyroid function that also determines if you'll get bloated or not.

• +1
Reactions: Cristiano88 and CristianT
Yeah, the official RDA, 6 grams of sodium (~10 grams of salt) is complete bullshit peddled by processed food manufacturers.
That amount makes me look subhuman.

I can live just fine on 1-2 grams and it has zero effect on your face.

Heart health organizations have advocated 1,3 to 2 grams for decades.
Hold up. You eat between 1-2grams of sodium per day? That means between 2.5 and 5g of salt per day. 0.4g sodium is in 1g of salt.

Hold up. You eat between 1-2grams of sodium per day? That means between 2.5 and 5g of salt per day. 0.4g sodium is in 1g of salt.
Yes, but I consider 5g of salt a high salt consumption day. That's usually a cheat day for me with things like pizza.

The average person (source below) eats as much as 10, 15g of salt daily.

It's no wonder why the general population is bloated to hell and gets heart problems

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Cristiano88 and incel194012940
Yes, but I consider 5g of salt a high salt consumption day. That's usually a cheat day for me with things like pizza.

It's no wonder why the general population is bloated to hell and gets heart problems

What are some low salt foods you'd recommend eating to stay lean and while building muscle?

Usually the problem is not enough salt . Salt decreases aldosterone and the latter contributes to bloat, most countries with high BP are also per capita consuming the least salt. I think salt: pottasium more imp than absolute amt analysis

• Woah
Reactions: the MOUSE
Meanwhile If I consume >3g that day I will be retaining water on my face for the next 4 days