A MIRROR IS NOT WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE IRL

D

Deleted member 685

Kraken
My face looks 10 times more symmetrical and wide when I look in the mirror, meanwhile in a TRUE MIRROR my face looks fucking long as shit and my nose looks SO FUCKING LONG. It's fucking OVER

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Hey dont talk to me, 000, diggbicc and 10 others
im sexy in a mirror

retard. bc you aren’t used to seeing yourself so u pick out all your flaws but to everyone else, u look like the person YOU in the mirror (no flaws/asymmetries).

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Reoa, Nordiccel, TheEndHasNoEnd and 38 others
retard. bc you aren’t used to seeing yourself so u pick out all your flaws but to everyone else, u look like the person YOU in the mirror (no flaws/asymmetries).
Nice iq

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov, Deleted member 3962, Vitruvian and 1 other person
True mirror? Wtf is that

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14262, 000, Foxhole and 7 others
How many times is this same exact fucking thread going to be made by people that did 0 research at all

• +1
Reactions: Nordiccel, Lev Peshkov, Repzta and 2 others
Asymmetry is not apparent in mirror

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2352
How many times is this same exact fucking thread going to be made by people that did 0 research at all
As long as people make threads about mewing

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov, Richard_Hungwell, HighIQcel and 1 other person
Pretty sure that the way people see you IRL is the way you look in pictures not mirror.

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov, Repzta, PenileFacialSurgery and 1 other person
This again. Ask someone you know to stand in front of a mirror. They look exactly the same as they do without the mirror. Case closed.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Reoa, 000, Lev Peshkov and 14 others
im disgusting in mirror and in pics ngl

• So Sad
Reactions: Richard_Hungwell
My face looks 10 times more symmetrical and wide when I look in the mirror, meanwhile in a TRUE MIRROR my face looks fucking long as shit and my nose looks SO FUCKING LONG. It's fucking OVER

Your nordic though so it's mainly chad spalining like usual

• JFL
Reactions: EthnicelAscension
then how the fuck do I know how I really look?

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 4563, RAITEIII, CristianT and 1 other person
Demolish me

In mirror you cant see asymetry, if you in very it you see much more asymetry than its reall

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1751, Deleted member 685 and Deleted member 3328
I'm confident and satisfied when I see myself in the mirror, however when I take a photo I'm disappointed

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1680, Schönling, MortusX and 7 others
I am used to seeing myself. I look at pictures of my face almost on a daily basis. I also look in the mirror for extended periods of time ever since I swallowed the blackpill. Kinda gay tbh ngl.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Hey dont talk to me, Deleted member 1680, Warlow and 3 others

no, because mirror is a reverse image of what you really look like

you don't look like what you see in the mirror

I am used to seeing myself. I look at pictures of my face almost on a daily basis. I also look in the mirror for extended periods of time ever since I swallowed the blackpill. Kinda gay tbh ngl.
I take many pics daily. When im in school everytime im in toilet i take pics. On lessons, before after school. On free days same thing. Many pics daily.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: anti caking agents, HighIQcel and Alexanderr
Another day , another fukin' same questione

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Zygos4Life, MandibularCel and Deleted member 685
I'd rather not know anymore tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
This again. Ask someone you know to stand in front of a mirror. They look exactly the same as they do without the mirror. Case closed.
Yes. Tested with friends and family. They all look the same

• +1
Reactions: MandibularCel
Read @ArabIncel guide on how to take a proper pic

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1751
No you don’t your brain changes your appearance over time to make you look how YOU WANT YOU TO LOOK
Bro they might see something different because we don’t have their brain

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
No you don’t your brain changes your appearance over time to make you look how YOU WANT YOU TO LOOK

Bro they might see something different because we don’t have their brain
Yes, you look a little worse than what you think you look like when seeing yourself in the mirror and you look a little better than what you think you look like when seeing yourself in a picture

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel and LowTierNormie
Pretty sure that the way people see you IRL is the way you look in pictures not mirror.
No, it isn't. Even forgetting about lens distortion, you are used to seeing your own flipped image. Everyone else is used to seeing you as is. This leads to a discrepancy.

ive looked in a true mirro r and only look barely different mirror is how u look get a friend and look at them in mirror

stupid thread. real mirror is just flipped picture. grab a friend and put him in front of mirror, he will look the same as irl.

truest appearance is mirror in candid lighting and angle (street usually)

• +1
Reactions: GreenHat500, Deleted member 4563, Deleted member 1751 and 3 others
What is the difference between mirror and true mirror

stupid thread. real mirror is just flipped picture. grab a friend and put him in front of mirror, he will look the same as irl.

truest appearance is mirror in candid lighting and angle (street usually)
How? I get the logic that how you look in the mirror is how other people who know you see you.

But what about people who don’t know you? What about strangers? In that case, wouldn’t you then look like how you look in pictures and not the mirror since those strangers are not used to looking at you?

its more that your brain is familiar with the mirror, so when u look at urself from another angle or w/e it'll freak out and you think you look way different than you acc do. its like reversing you image, you think its a massive change but look at other peoples reversed and non-reversed image, theres not much difference

• +1
Reactions: l0st@sea
The human eye mogs a phone camera to oblivion.

you look like you do in the mirror, but because you are unconsciously biased towards yourself you will think you look better or worse than you actually do.

• +1
Reactions: LowTierNormie and eduardkoopman
Where can I find a true mirror??

I'm confident and satisfied when I see myself in the mirror, however when I take a photo I'm disappointed
im ugly in both mirrors and photos.

and to us they look the fucking same in the mirror and camera...
I agree.
That's woman in the video somehow Saw a Stacy in het own mirror and at that true had to cry about her lookslevel.

Hahahahahahahahaha

• +1
Reactions: je3oe
So in the true mirror we're all ugly then

No, it isn't. Even forgetting about lens distortion, you are used to seeing your own flipped image. Everyone else is used to seeing you as is. This leads to a discrepancy.

No it’s actually more complicated (and the answer is the contrary).

They say they don’t even see a difference between both. But that’s only because they’ve always seen your flaws. The only case where someone else would ever think you look worse in a mirror is if they’ve been exposed to your face constantly for a very long time. To strangers, acquaintances, and most friends, you will look the same in both, but only because your flaws are equally apparent in both.

And you only start to recognize these flaws everyone else sees once you see yourself in pictures, video, or a “true” mirror.

This has already happened twice with me in PMs on this website.

In one case someone had a noticeable eye asymmetry. He tells me he never noticed until he flipped the image on his phone. He says his family says he looks the same in both and it’s driving him crazyHe sends me both and asks me if I see a difference between the two, and asks me how noticeable his eye asymmetry is.

I told him
a. both pictures are the same to me.
b. your symmetry is equally bad and noticeable In both pictures.
c. You just have been used to seeing yourself in the mirror your whole life, so due to the mere exposure effect, you never truly grasped how noticeable your flaws are. Everyone else sees your flaws equally whether they be in a mirrored image or in the real thing.

So it’s not that seeing yourself in a true mirror or pictures exaggerates your flaws, on the contrary, seeing yourself in a regular mirror your entire life has numbed your brain from being able to recognize the flaws you actually have.

• +1
Reactions: LowTierNormie, BigBoy, hebbewem and 2 others

They say they don’t even see a difference between both. But that’s only because they’ve always seen your flaws. The only case where someone else would ever think you look worse in a mirror is if they’ve been exposed to your face constantly for a very long time. To strangers, acquaintances, and most friends, you will look the same in both, but only because your flaws are equally apparent in both.

And you only start to recognize these flaws everyone else sees once you see yourself in pictures, video, or a “true” mirror.

In one case someone had a noticeable eye asymmetry. He tells me he never noticed until he flipped the image on his phone. He says his family says he looks the same in both and it’s driving him crazyHe sends me both and asks me if I see a difference between the two, and asks me how noticeable his eye asymmetry is.

I told him
c. You just have been used to seeing yourself in the mirror your whole life, so due to the mere exposure effect, you never truly grasped how noticeable your flaws are. Everyone else sees your flaws equally whether they be in a mirrored image or in the real thing.

So it’s not that seeing yourself in a true mirror or pictures exaggerates your flaws, on the contrary, seeing yourself in a regular mirror your entire life has numbed your brain from being able to recognize the flaws you actually have.
tldr still get ioi’s irl from females so no ask no care

• JFL
Reactions: LordNorwood

I told him

I don't get it bro, why would seeing yourself in a mirror make you blind to your own flaws, if you look the same to others in both?

Lmao point is asymmetry isn’t something your brain just makes up once you see yourself in a photo, it’s something your brain learns to mask due to frequent exposure to a mirror of yourself

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
Lmao point is asymmetry isn’t something your brain just makes up once you see yourself in a photo, it’s something your brain learns to mask due to frequent exposure to a mirror of yourself
i was just fucking around bro. i just know that i can legitimately see my ptosis in my eye while looking in a normal mirror so ik its pretty bad

• +1
Reactions: Golden Glass
2846.jpg

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: BrendioEEE and Deleted member 2846
I don't get it bro, why would seeing yourself in a mirror make you blind to your own flaws, if you look the same to others in both?
Mere-exposure effect

• +1
Reactions: Golden Glass
Because others have never seen and analyzed your face nearly enough to be numbed to your asymmetries as you have when looking in a mirror.

How many hours do you think you’ve stared at your face, in the mirror, across a life time. Getting ready every day, brushing your teeth, shaving, flossing, washing your face, styling your hair.
Not even your romantic partner will have spent that much time looking straight at your face, mirrored or unmirrored

Nobody will ever be this exposed to a version of your face, and thus numbed to the imperfections, except you

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: prgfromnl and Deleted member 2846
Mere-exposure effect
elab
Because others have never seen and analyzed your face nearly enough to be numbed to your asymmetries as you have when looking in a mirror.

How many hours do you think you’ve stared at your face, in the mirror, across a life time. Getting ready every day, brushing your teeth, shaving, flossing, washing your face, styling your hair.
Not even your romantic partner will have spent that much time looking straight at your face, mirrored or unmirroref.

Nobody will ever be this exposed to a version of your face, except you
wouldn't that make you notice your flaws more, not less?