About eating before sleep

I

iammoh

Silver
Why do so many .org members say not to eat 3 hours before sleep? What are the effects of doing it?

Weight gain and digestive problems and cause insomnia

• +1
Reactions: rand anon, hattrick and iammoh
you will shit yourself in your sleep

• +1
Reactions: Lucifer X, Ritalincel and iammoh
Weight gain and digestive problems and cause insomnia
So all the protein i eat are probably wasted? Im skinny so and ive been saving my 1000 cals high protein shaker until night time

Proteins do not go to waste and excess turns into fat. The protein you drink at night can cause nightmares and insomnia.
So all the protein i eat are probably wasted? Im skinny so and ive been saving my 1000 cals high protein shaker until night time

The only thing that effects your body fat % is the amount of calories you consume within a 24 hour period.

It's utterly irrelevant whether you do a 23:1 OMAD or 16:8 intermittent fasting, or eat only a breakfast and a late night meal at 23:50 PM.

Think about it. Your body can't break the first law of thermodynamics. It can only create and maintain fat cells when it has energy to do so.
Does your car get more mileage if you put in 15 gallons in the morning versus night? It's the exact same amount of energy.

Sleep *quality* (not body fat %) can be affected by diet though. Eating a huge meal right before bed can make you sleepy. Eating a very carb heavy meal right before sleep can crash your blood sugar in the middle of the night and make you wake up in hunger (which could make you eat more and regain body fat).

But it's all irrelevant in terms of energy burned. Set a 24 hour kcal goal and stick to it, and fat will melt off slowly!

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, iammoh and Ritalincel
Proteins do not go to waste and excess turns into fat. The protein you drink at night can cause nightmares and insomnia.
I remember once someone told me in a dream do i believe in god

The only thing that effects your body fat % is the amount of calories you consume within a 24 hour period.

It's utterly irrelevant whether you do a 23:1 OMAD or 16:8 intermittent fasting, or eat only a breakfast and a late night meal at 23:50 PM.

Think about it. Your body can't break the first law of thermodynamics. It can only create and maintain fat cells when it has energy to do so.
Does your car get more mileage if you put in 15 gallons in the morning versus night? It's the exact same amount of energy.

Sleep *quality* (not body fat %) can be affected by diet though. Eating a huge meal right before bed can make you sleepy. Eating a very carb heavy meal right before sleep can crash your blood sugar in the middle of the night and make you wake up in hunger (which could make you eat more and regain body fat).

But it's all irrelevant in terms of energy burned. Set a 24 hour kcal goal and stick to it, and fat will melt off slowly!
Alright i understood, thank you!

• +1
Reactions: NerdcelThundercok