About genetically inherited hair loss

D

Deleted

Lurker
Is hair loss determined by your father? your mother? or something else entirely?

I'd like your thoughts on this.

I've looked at my friends parents and grandparents, my own and various celebrities.

Some cases I've come across irl were which suggest mothers genes carry great importance:

70 year old guy not balding, he has a sister who has a son with a nw6 man.

This tells us 2 things: The son has a bald dad but also that the genes his mom carry aren't balding genes.

The son is 45 and has a perfect hairline (Not a single sing of recession or thinning) which I found interesting.

Mid 50s guy with nw7, his dad was nw2 and relatively thick hair but considering age that's way above average. (Brutal getting hair mogged by your dad)

Some cases I've come across online which suggest fathers genes carry great importance:

go look it up you idiot

go look it up you idiot
You can look at studies all you want its not going to be accurate. Medically you need to be nw2+ to even be considered balding and its not something thats very researched.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Daniel Plainview, |Daddy_Zygos| and MrGlutton
it's usually either the father or grandfather

I definitely inherited my type of balding from my mother (diffuse thinning). And I'm pretty sure it's a well known thing that balding is usually inherited from your mothers side.

• +1
Reactions: Kyff
You can look at studies all you want its not going to be accurate. Medically you need to be nw2+ to even be considered balding and its not something thats very researched.
you think you know better than people who've done intense research on the subject?

i doubt that

I think its a roll of a dice. You can see one brother nw0 and one nw5

• +1
Reactions: LooksmaxxHopeful, Moggie and |Daddy_Zygos|
Is hair loss determined by your father? your mother? or something else entirely?

I'd like your thoughts on this.

I've looked at my friends parents and grandparents, my own and various celebrities.

Some cases I've come across irl were which suggest mothers genes carry great importance:

70 year old guy not balding, he has a sister who has a son with a nw6 man.

This tells us 2 things: The son has a bald dad but also that the genes his mom carry aren't balding genes.

The son is 45 and has a perfect hairline (Not a single sing of recession or thinning) which I found interesting.

Mid 50s guy with nw7, his dad was nw2 and relatively thick hair but considering age that's way above average. (Brutal getting hair mogged by your dad)

Some cases I've come across online which suggest fathers genes carry great importance:

View attachment 1791082
Depends who carries it, but it's more likely it's given by your father just due to the Y chromosome.

Depends who carries it, but it's more likely it's given by your father just due to the Y chromosome.
This is exactly why you can't trust studies on these things bcuz a 2 second google search contradicts it.

"The primary baldness gene is on the X, or female chromosome, which men do inherit from their mothers. " - University of Bonn

My mom don't carry the balding gene
My dad is 50 and his hairline isn't that bad

My cousin is 21 and got super shit hairline (recedding since 18 or 19)

My mom dad (grand dad) got a thick hair no hairline recession and he's 70

I don't know fr

They say its your mothers Dad. You already know that inheritance is random so it could be both. No one truly know but they say mothers dad for the most part.

But what's overlooked is your shitty lifestyle, diet, posture(blood flow restriction), fat loss on scalp but people 100% blame it on genetics. While genetics do play a significant role it shows how prone you are to a shit lifestyle and diet and what it does to your health and hair. Everyone reacts differently and resists better than others.

• +1
Reactions: Idontknowlol and Xangsane
I definitely inherited my type of balding from my mother (diffuse thinning). And I'm pretty sure it's a well known thing that balding is usually inherited from your mothers side.

Easy to fix diffuse thinning. Recovering a hairline is a pain in the ass.

My mom don't carry the balding gene
My dad is 50 and his hairline isn't that bad

My cousin is 21 and got super shit hairline (recedding since 18 or 19)

My mom dad (grand dad) got a thick hair no hairline recession and he's 70

I don't know fr
Assuming its the mothers genes that matter. That means that your maternal grandad has no importance as he doesn't carry down those genes.

Your maternal uncle is what would matter in that case.

• +1
Reactions: alriodai
Easy to fix diffuse thinning. Recovering a hairline is a pain in the ass.
Diffuse thinning is worse in almost everyway for a looksmaxxer.

Its harder to notice at first meaning you'll probably wait longer until medications and if you're not responding well to fin you're fucked as hairtransplants aren't as good for whole scalp compared to hairline.

Diffuse thinning is worse in almost everyway for a looksmaxxer.

Its harder to notice at first meaning you'll probably wait longer until medications and if you're not responding well to fin you're fucked as hairtransplants aren't as good for whole scalp compared to hairline.

fin is garbage...you're scared of anti androgens but you're willing to take something like fin despite potential side effects? :unsure::unsure:

I know someone who permanently shut down on that.

Interesting how your psychology works.

Probably both sides since after all it’s connected to DHT sensitivity

fin is garbage...you're scared of anti androgens but you're willing to take something like fin despite potential side effects? :unsure::unsure:

I know someone who permanently shut down on that.

Interesting how your psychology works.
They're both poision and i never endorsed it. All i said was that its necessary if you're balding heavily. Better to be sad with some hair than depressed bcuz you don't have any.

They're both poision and i never endorsed it. All i said was that its necessary if you're balding heavily. Better to be sad with some hair than depressed bcuz you don't have any.

If you don't want to address your hairloss internal issue then yes you can cover up your hairloss problems with Finasteride. But then again coming off fin and minoxidil you just lose everything from where you were supposed to be if u never used those drugs. Truly a painful cope.

Well
5E016FE4 C5A6 435A 83E3 0F2D60EA10BE

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted
Assuming its the mothers genes that matter. That means that your maternal grandad has no importance as he doesn't carry down those genes.

Your maternal uncle is what would matter in that case.
I don't have one, what do I do?

My cousin who is 21 is super blackpilled, he is going to get hair transplant in turkey already
He already had 2 surgeries in the past at 16 and 19 years old, one about his man boobs and the other one nobdoy knows but he did

My mothers side of the family has many many baldcels. Basically all the men in that family balded rather early and rather brutal. I think my mothers father was still the luckiest of them all.

However on my fathers side of the family, I never saw balding (they are not many people but still). And I without a doubt got the hair from my father. Thick, dense, high but stable hairline. My father is 56 and barely nw1.

So I don't buy the myth that you get it from your mothers side. However a small part of me is still scared that the norwood reaper will get to me in a few years without me expecting it. It's like a horror movie.

My mothers side of the family has many many baldcels. Basically all the men in that family balded rather early and rather brutal. I think my mothers father was still the luckiest of them all.

However on my fathers side of the family, I never saw balding (they are not many people but still). And I without a doubt got the hair from my father. Thick, dense, high but stable hairline. My father is 56 and barely nw1.

So I don't buy the myth that you get it from your mothers side. However a small part of me is still scared that the norwood reaper will get to me in a few years without me expecting it. It's like a horror movie.
Its brutal Bcuz you’re never safe No matter what :feelswhy:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729