About Minoxidil destroying collagen: HAIR vs COLLAGEN ?!

Chintuck22

Chintuck22

Living like there's no tomorrow
First of all: Minox, Fin, Dut are all DESTROYING your collagen: Blocking DHT destroys your androgen receptors. Androgens indeed play a huge role in the amount of collagen in the skin, and this could partially explain why hairloss drugs typically effect the skin in a negative manner

Androgen receptors produce 50% of collagen in the skin: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1561051

‐ This study added DHT to rat organs and found that it increased (or "restored") their previously nonexistent collagen while castrated. (They also tried estrogen but it made no difference)
‐ More abstracts on Androgens and collagen: ‐ Action of androgen on fibroblast collagen synthesis: a receptor‐dependent response
‐ Androgens positively impacted elastin
‐ Lets not forget the function of collagen versus elastin in the skin, collagen is what maintains structure as you age, not the elastin

This photo is of Gary Turner, he has Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and its his collagen that is faulty, not his elastin.

There are many factors that can affect collagen synthesis, production, and elastin synthesis. Just saying that single thing will completely destroy your foundation of collagen (as in production and synthesis) is (in my humble oppinion of course) a bullshit.

First of all, you have minoxidil 1% solution, 2% solution... up until 5% solution which is the strongest form. When starting minox, you will always start with 1% then increase to 5% as you progress. Moreover your body will build tolerance to the chemical and you won't have to suffer the significant side effects unless you have some genetical predisposition to sides already.

Second of all, if you happen to suffer the collagen loss from minoxidil, there are things such as Retin A (which is significant on it's own), dermarolling, GHK-cu, red light therapy Vitamin A, B5.. In addition to increase protein synthesis while reducing protein breakdown in the body (Eating more meat based diets higher in protein and trying to reduce cortisol). Also sun exposure and facial bones - YOU have to pay attention to these hallmarks in addition to optimize maximum output while suffering the least side effects.

IMG 20210310 WA0013
Sun and collagen
DNA Methylation over DHT
2988292 16580016501858085345825851703160

At the end, it's up to you if you want to preserve your hair or collagen. Make wise decisions 👍 Real blackpillers know that hair equals life, and i can confirm this personally despite having shitty collagen and dermatitis. It's all about looking young

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, Erik-Hexum, Sondern and 9 others
minoxidil is such an overrated drug. I doubt it does anything to your skin but lmao @ applying topical 2x/day for marginal hair growth when you can just get a transplant.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: MaestheticMaso, Deprived, TrestIsBest and 3 others
so if androgen receeptor produce collagen does that mean men age better?

minoxidil is such an overrated drug. I doubt it does anything to your skin but lmao @ applying topical 2x/day for marginal hair growth when you can just get a transplant.
idk if he was lying but my friend used that for 2 months with dermastamping for facial hair and he didnt grow anything

• +1
Reactions: boss8055
Minoxidil = overrated - Castor Oil = underrated.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: pentamogged9000, Lorsss, Eren and 2 others
There are far better alternatives than minoxidil

• +1
Reactions: pentamogged9000
dnrd bullshit af

• Ugh..
Reactions: pentamogged9000
There was an old study showing minoxidil inhibiting collagen synthesis. Some people also reported increases facial bloat/swelling, dark circles.
About hair transplants - you know the answer already. Many people would rather buy relatively cheap bottles and apply routinely than paying for HT (often you need to choose the right clinic, take time off work, travel etc). For some HT = "giving up".

I can say for sure that minoxidil causes darker under eye area. Didn't notice difference on collagen. I notice difference in my mental state beiing high and low DHT.

• +1
Reactions: wannabel00ksmaxxer
I'm on minox for 6 months, no collagen loss, skin feels the same as before. Only downsides is that i grew hair in other parts of the body but it will disappear after i quit. I saw results both in my stubble, eyebrows and eyelashes the most. And dark circles since i applied it on my eyelashes like a dumbass and it burnt but it was worth it

No hair gain from minox = bad hair genes.
Monke hair from minox like me = good hair genes

• +1
Reactions: mathis, boss8055 and Chintuck22
so if androgen receeptor produce collagen does that mean men age better?
Yes man generally have better skin then females. Females appear however more youthfull due to makeup, no facial hair and having hair in head.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: wollet2, Deleted member 18840, Lawton88 and 1 other person
There was an old study showing minoxidil inhibiting collagen synthesis. Some people also reported increases facial bloat/swelling, dark circles.
About hair transplants - you know the answer already. Many people would rather buy relatively cheap bottles and apply routinely than paying for HT (often you need to choose the right clinic, take time off work, travel etc). For some HT = "giving up".
minoxidil is a cope drug for people who don't want to go for the real deal (fin/ht) so they can cope for a few years before eventually losing to the reaper and shaving their head

idk if he was lying but my friend used that for 2 months with dermastamping for facial hair and he didnt grow anything
non responder probs

• +1
Reactions: wollet2
minoxidil is a cope drug for people who don't want to go for the real deal (fin/ht) so they can cope for a few years before eventually losing to the reaper and shaving their head
Solo minoxidil on scalp is probably for "normal" people who don't understand the severity of their situation. Most people in hair loss topic communities use minoxidil just as an addition to their finasteride/dutasteride/RU base.
There are also people who use it for beard, after it was popularized, and for eyebrows/eyelashes (still is not as popular).

• +1
Reactions: CursedOne
tldr it's over

you need that shit for rewgrowth

rosemary oil has been proven to be as effective as minox without the side effect

hair >> collagen
there are many ways to collagenmax, even just gymceling will improve your collagen production,
but there is no way to hairmaxx once you start to norwoodmax
norwoodmax --> subhumanmax

• +1
Reactions: Oberyn
I'm on minox for 6 months, no collagen loss, skin feels the same as before. Only downsides is that i grew hair in other parts of the body but it will disappear after i quit. I saw results both in my stubble, eyebrows and eyelashes the most. And dark circles since i applied it on my eyelashes like a dumbass and it burnt but it was worth it

No hair gain from minox = bad hair genes.
Monke hair from minox like me = good hair genes
will you keep the eyelashes gains after stopping using minoxydil ?

First of all: Minox, Fin, Dut are all DESTROYING your collagen: Blocking DHT destroys your androgen receptors. Androgens indeed play a huge role in the amount of collagen in the skin, and this could partially explain why hairloss drugs typically effect the skin in a negative manner.
Lmao. Im on oral min,dut and RU58841.
I just have tretinoin and moisturizer as my routine for skin and almost every month I get comment that I look younger every year. There was literally old friend (girl) that ran into me yesterday and said how the fuck you look so young. And that was her first comment not even “how are you doing” or anything lol.

2ED93037 D762 49EB BDF0 94A9F64205FB

This is 7-8year difference in these pics. I have residual swelling from jaw surgery in lower left side of cheek so i look little bit bloated tho. And i didnt use tret this whole summer as i ran out and I still have good skin. Also facial redness is just shit genetics, no treatment for that but who cares.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Silver, szolliontaraelis, Oberyn and 1 other person
I just have tretinoin and moisturizer as my routine for skin and almost every month I get comment that I look younger every year. There was literally old friend (girl) that ran into me yesterday and said how the fuck you look so young. And that was her first comment not even “how are you doing” or anything lol.

View attachment 1863493
This is 7-8year difference in these pics. I have residual swelling from jaw surgery in lower left side of cheek so i look little bit bloated tho. And i didnt use tret this whole summer as i ran out and I still have good skin. Also facial redness is just shit genetics, no treatment for that but who cares.
Mirin jaw gains :feelsokman:. How did you do that fratello?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9405
Mirin jaw gains :feelsokman:. How did you do that fratello?
Jaw surgery thru croatian version of “NHS (public healthcare)
Basically for free, i had small class 3 underbite.

F162F291 2A12 4F0C 8C40 FBAFF7D54159
They moved both jaws forward but mostly my upper one.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: wollet2, KraftDurchLeid, dakchuh and 1 other person
First of all: Minox, Fin, Dut are all DESTROYING your collagen: Blocking DHT destroys your androgen receptors.
Unlike Finasteride and Dutasteride, Minoxidil does not block DHT.

Not to mention I have yet to see a clinical study that proves Minoxidil accelerates facial aging. It would make sense if you were applying it on your face (for beard gains) or if it dribbled down from your hairline onto your forehead, nose, and then nasolabial folds. But how can it affect the entire body when it's applied on the scalp and only very, very marginally absorbed systemically?

So far I've only seen anecdotal information about this; it's always redditors talking about how Minoxidil destroyed their skin, the same way I see people say Finasteride destroyed their dick, Accutane turned them into ghouls, etc.

• +1
Reactions: ErbCel and Deleted member 9405
Just dont be a pussy and take oral minoxidil. U will get hair, and skin wont be destroyed.

• +1
Reactions: NECK&VOICE
so who has done Minox long enough that effects on collagen can be noticed or not ?

Just dont be a pussy and take oral minoxidil. U will get hair, and skin wont be destroyed.
Yo bro, I'm thinking about starting liquid oral minoxidil. (Not the pill, but the dropper).

Can you give me some insight?

What brand do you use?
How to dose?
How much dosage? And how often?
Sides?

Thank you bro, if this works I'll pray for you to ascend to Gandy heaven (y)

Yo bro, I'm thinking about starting liquid oral minoxidil. (Not the pill, but the dropper).

Can you give me some insight?

What brand do you use?
How to dose?
How much dosage? And how often?
Sides?

Thank you bro, if this works I'll pray for you to ascend to Gandy heaven (y)
2 drops (for my drops equals to 5mg of minoxidil)
just drink it
5mg is fine, ive tried 7,5mg and 10mg, and got sides of that, no sides at 5mg

2 drops (for my drops equals to 5mg of minoxidil)
just drink it
5mg is fine, ive tried 7,5mg and 10mg, and got sides of that, no sides at 5mg
Drop straight down the throat or diffuse it in a glass of water?

T
First of all: Minox, Fin, Dut are all DESTROYING your collagen: Blocking DHT destroys your androgen receptors. Androgens indeed play a huge role in the amount of collagen in the skin, and this could partially explain why hairloss drugs typically effect the skin in a negative manner

Androgen receptors produce 50% of collagen in the skin: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1561051

‐ This study added DHT to rat organs and found that it increased (or "restored") their previously nonexistent collagen while castrated. (They also tried estrogen but it made no difference)
‐ More abstracts on Androgens and collagen: ‐ Action of androgen on fibroblast collagen synthesis: a receptor‐dependent response
‐ Androgens positively impacted elastin
‐ Lets not forget the function of collagen versus elastin in the skin, collagen is what maintains structure as you age, not the elastin

View attachment 1799175
This photo is of Gary Turner, he has Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and its his collagen that is faulty, not his elastin.

There are many factors that can affect collagen synthesis, production, and elastin synthesis. Just saying that single thing will completely destroy your foundation of collagen (as in production and synthesis) is (in my humble oppinion of course) a bullshit.

First of all, you have minoxidil 1% solution, 2% solution... up until 5% solution which is the strongest form. When starting minox, you will always start with 1% then increase to 5% as you progress. Moreover your body will build tolerance to the chemical and you won't have to suffer the significant side effects unless you have some genetical predisposition to sides already.

Second of all, if you happen to suffer the collagen loss from minoxidil, there are things such as Retin A (which is significant on it's own), dermarolling, GHK-cu, red light therapy Vitamin A, B5.. In addition to increase protein synthesis while reducing protein breakdown in the body (Eating more meat based diets higher in protein and trying to reduce cortisol). Also sun exposure and facial bones - YOU have to pay attention to these hallmarks in addition to optimize maximum output while suffering the least side effects.

View attachment 1799182View attachment 1799190View attachment 1799193View attachment 1799187

At the end, it's up to you if you want to preserve your hair or collagen. Make wise decisions 👍 Real blackpillers know that hair equals life, and i can confirm this personally despite having shitty collagen and dermatitis. It's all about looking young
THANK YOU, everyone talks about minoxidil being horrible so id like to get your advice. Right now im on tretinoin i think its like .025% and I need to hop on minoxidil. Should I use both? I need it for my eyebrows. Should I use tret and minoxidil on my eyebrows or try to seperate when using? Also do I get topical minoxdil threw amazon or other soruce? Please let me know, youve been a huge help thanks.

Drop straight down the throat or diffuse it in a glass of water?
i drink straight down no problems at all. I use Kirkland minoxidil which is proven to be safe orally

Yes man generally have better skin then females. Females appear however more youthfull due to makeup, no facial hair and having hair in head.
How to stop minox ? Slowly ? Etc? I have 6 bottles left tbh

How to stop minox ? Slowly ? Etc? I have 6 bottles left tbh
If you feel like stopping yoy can just stop. Downside is that you (partly) lose the minox gains, unless it's your beard.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18840
Hair IS LIFE

IF YOU HAVE NO HAIR- THEN YOU HAVE NO LIFE!

If you have no life then who cares about collagen?

Hair > all

• +1
Reactions: NECK&VOICE, Oberyn and Deleted member 18840

View attachment 1863493
did you do something for your mouth other than jaw surgery? impressive width gains.

lol no. it's been 4 years haven't noticed shit about aging/collagen.

Androgen receptors produce 50% of collagen in the skin:

Which one?

Why do fin-dutcels look younger meanwhile roid abusers look like 75 years old?

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover and Deleted member 9405
did you do something for your mouth other than jaw surgery? impressive width gains.
they rotated my jaw to center so it got widened at ramus. And also ccw so it further created illusion of stronger jaw.

I had something similar to this.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    6.9 MB
  • +1
Reactions: KraftDurchLeid
Are you a fucking idiot? Fin and dut are saving your collagen from androgens

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: laaltin, ifyouwannabemylover and Deleted member 9405
i drink straight down no problems at all. I use Kirkland minoxidil which is proven to be safe orally
Just got my order. 6x60ml (2 FL Oz) Bottles Kirkland 5%

Pray I don't get a heart attack and die after a week :trepidation:
If it works, thank you lord andy :love:

Don't take oral hair loss medication, just use topical minoxidil and finasteride combo, you'll get the benefits without collagen loss.

I take topical Minoxidil Orally everyday for eyebrows and eyelashes gain. Will it have the same effect of destroying my collagen in the long-term?

Is that why chicos collagen declined so fast? Hes on finastaride

There are far better alternatives than minoxidil
Such as

Nanoxidil and all derivatives have been proven to be bunk in all studies done. Rosemary oil, etc? Debatable

High dose caffeine is a vasoconstrictor and the opposite of what you want. Low dose caffeine 0.005% etc done in studies is paradoxically good for the follicles

There are some proprietary solutions like TrichoXidil but none approved in the US and the studies are only done by Fageon and nobody else so they can't be verified

The other studies done on natural compounds like ProCapil, Redensyl, etc aren't long term yet

Everything stated here is incorrect jfl, and fin or min doesn’t destroy androgen receptors. Any reputable study will tell you this 👍🏻

• +1
Reactions: boss8055