Absurdism makes the most sense + arguments against nihilism. Please reply with arguments if you have any (discussion)

cromagnon

cromagnon

WishiwasWishIwaswishIwaswishIwasSalludon
CHATGPT Summary of Nihilism and Absurdism (rest of the thread by me, just a summary of both philosophies since I can't be bothered to write that rn.

Nihilism
is the philosophical belief that life lacks inherent meaning, purpose, or value, and that traditional morals, religious truths, and structures of meaning are baseless. In its most extreme form, nihilism can lead to despair or apathy, suggesting that since nothing has meaning, there’s no reason to act or care about anything.

Absurdism, closely associated with philosopher Albert Camus, acknowledges that life has no inherent meaning, but instead of despair, it suggests a rebellion against this meaninglessness. It argues that humans should embrace the absurd and continue living, creating personal meaning through their own actions and experiences.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(me writing now)

Nihilism is gay and cucked. It (pretty much) always leads to an existential rejection of life as a whole and promotes giving up and a sort of "paralysis" since it views existence as futile and devoid of value.

That makes sense sure, but why not kill yourself if you're a nihilist? It just seems like a super gay and homosexual worldview to follow.

Absurdism, on the other hand, accepts that life is inherently meaningless, but instead of surrendering, it encourages individuals to embrace the absurdity of life and live fully.

Does this not make the most sense?

Nihilism will just lead to pessimism and depression, since it promotes the fact that "muh everything is pointless cunt just kys tbh". If that's your forte, be my guest and go live your sad faggot life rotting away in your armchair.

Absurdism, leads to a sort of sense of carelessness and freedom, especially in the absence of an objective purpose for life. Absurdism is just more pragmatic. Even if life has no grand purpose, just live life, why wouldn't you?

Embrace the absurdity, it just makes sense!!!

@wishIwasSalludon @ey88 @slavicpsycho @Debetro @sexy @iblamehumphrey @ElTruecel @noobs What do you guys think of this.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Debetro, ey88 and slavicpsycho
stopped reading at "chatgpt"

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: piec, wrist cry, wishIwasSalludon and 1 other person
I need to take a piss

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: piec and cromagnon
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: ey88 and castizo
Absurdism is good, it’s primal

• +1
Reactions: garoupilled_, ey88 and cromagnon
cromagnon

• JFL
Reactions: cromagnon
all these absurdist live the same cuck life as everybody else muh freedom
freedom to be a normie as nigga with a wife and kids

• Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: FUE Mogger and cromagnon
all these absurdist live the same cuck life as everybody else muh freedom
freedom to be a normie as nigga with a wife and kids
the point of absurdism is you can choose to do what you want

if you want kids, go for it. if you don't, don't

the point of absurdism is you can choose to do what you want

if you want kids, go for it. if you don't, don't
beauty is the only true freedom in this society

• Hmm...
@HarrierDuBois What do you think about absurdism? Do you have any arguments against it?

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
@HarrierDuBois What do you think about absurdism? Do you have any arguments against it?
I despise absurdism personally, I'm an existentialist if anything. I believe in the value of seeking a more important and profound meaning in what you do with your time and volition, I don't think just accepting the world as it is and enjoying every moment as it comes is a good idea as it pertains to stagnancy and inactivity.

Nihilism on the other hand is not as bad as absurdism as it more often than not ends up being a gateway drug into existentialism, for absurdism there is nothing left to strive for or achieve.

• +1
Reactions: wishIwasSalludon, Debetro and cromagnon
how is this different from existentialism

• +1
Reactions: wishIwasSalludon
Nihilism doesn’t imply despair

• +1
existentialism is exploring the meaning and purpose of our existence i think
Existentialism sounds like a cope, meaning can’t be created on its own you’re just fooling yourself meaning is prescribed by something external by definition. You can’t create it.

No matter what you do you’ll know this deep down and will never truly be satisfied

• +1
Existentialism sounds like a cope, meaning can’t be created on its own you’re just fooling yourself meaning is prescribed by something external by definition. You can’t create it.

No matter what you do you’ll know this deep down and will never truly be satisfied
yes it is a cope

• +1

@HarrierDuBois

• +1
CHATGPT Summary of Nihilism and Absurdism (rest of the thread by me, just a summary of both philosophies since I can't be bothered to write that rn.

Nihilism
is the philosophical belief that life lacks inherent meaning, purpose, or value, and that traditional morals, religious truths, and structures of meaning are baseless. In its most extreme form, nihilism can lead to despair or apathy, suggesting that since nothing has meaning, there’s no reason to act or care about anything.

Absurdism, closely associated with philosopher Albert Camus, acknowledges that life has no inherent meaning, but instead of despair, it suggests a rebellion against this meaninglessness. It argues that humans should embrace the absurd and continue living, creating personal meaning through their own actions and experiences.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(me writing now)

Nihilism is gay and cucked. It (pretty much) always leads to an existential rejection of life as a whole and promotes giving up and a sort of "paralysis" since it views existence as futile and devoid of value.

That makes sense sure, but why not kill yourself if you're a nihilist? It just seems like a super gay and homosexual worldview to follow.

Absurdism, on the other hand, accepts that life is inherently meaningless, but instead of surrendering, it encourages individuals to embrace the absurdity of life and live fully.

Does this not make the most sense?

Nihilism will just lead to pessimism and depression, since it promotes the fact that "muh everything is pointless cunt just kys tbh". If that's your forte, be my guest and go live your sad faggot life rotting away in your armchair.

Absurdism, leads to a sort of sense of carelessness and freedom, especially in the absence of an objective purpose for life. Absurdism is just more pragmatic. Even if life has no grand purpose, just live life, why wouldn't you?

Embrace the absurdity, it just makes sense!!!

@wishIwasSalludon @ey88 @slavicpsycho @Debetro @sexy @iblamehumphrey @ElTruecel @noobs What do you guys think of this.
yes

• +1