Accuracy on cardio machines

armemann

armemann

Iron
How accurate do you guys think are those cardio machines in the gym displaying the burnt calories?

Have i actually burned a 500 calories if the screen is telling me that?

And why do some machines make me feel much more exhausted while burning the same amount of calories as on another machine that doesn't exhaust me at all?

U guys know anything about the accuracy of them?

• +1
Reactions: exlurkervv999
They are not accurate at all as they usually don’t account for body weight, and even with body weight everybody has different rates at which they burn calories. If your on a cut I would recommend not ever eating any more calories because of exercise - instead view it as a method for achieving a greater deficit. If you are in a gaining phase I would eat back anywhere from 60-75% of the amount of calories the machine said you burned. Just what I do but everybody is different.

• +1
Reactions: armemann
divide by 2, + 10% of it and thats about how much you burnt :p

• +1
divide by 2, + 10% of it and thats about how much you burnt :p
Makes sense because on one of those machines i can burn 500 cals in 25mins, would be to good to be true…

Makes sense because on one of those machines i can burn 500 cals in 25mins, would be to good to be true…
you would need to run/jog at about 10km an hour for almost double that time (probably like 40-50 minutes) to lose 500 calories, it's super hard to count calories you lose by running because you need to account for your body weight, the distance and the speed and if you are at any extreme weight (very skinny or very fat) just forget what i said at the start

• +1