Accutane Does NOT Close Growth Plates

ChadL1te

ChadL1te

Hardstuck MTN
Finally putting an end to this dumb meme that started on this form that accutane will close your growth plates prematurely.

No Proof: The entire premise for this theory that Accutane closes growth plates is basically from one study that didn't prove anything.

This is the study. If you're too lazy to read," utilizing the terms "isotretinoin" and "epiphysis premature fusion." We included in our query reports of patients worldwide under 18 years of age with premature epiphyseal closure or growth plate damage secondary to isotretinoin." What did they find? A whopping 50 reports in 30 years. Furthermore, these 50 reports don't actually prove that accutane is what caused the growth plates to close. Its just a possibility. The entire premise is based off the theory that Accutane may have a negative impact on the GH-IGF-I axis, leading to a reduction in IGF-I and IGFBP3 serum levels. In theory this is a possibility, but there's nothing to prove that this actually exists, and if it does it is a less than 0.001% chance of happening.

"But muh big pharma bro still a 1% chance!" Do you actually think if this was such a real thing there would be 0 evidence for it and the general population would be clueless about it? How can you actually expect to ascend if you're scared of a proven drug that has been around for years? If you have horrible acne, TAKE ACCUTANE! It literally saved my life and many others.

• +1
Reactions: Saisei, AySab, hattrick and 5 others
and the general population would be clueless about it? How can you actually expect to ascend if you're scared of a proven drug that has been around for years?
meanwhile ssri's:
If you have horrible acne, TAKE ACCUTANE! It literally saved my life and many others.
i agree tho

• +1
Reactions: ChadL1te
Finally putting an end to this dumb meme that started on this form that accutane will close your growth plates prematurely.

No Proof: The entire premise for this theory that Accutane closes growth plates is basically from one study that didn't prove anything.

This is the study. If you're too lazy to read," utilizing the terms "isotretinoin" and "epiphysis premature fusion." We included in our query reports of patients worldwide under 18 years of age with premature epiphyseal closure or growth plate damage secondary to isotretinoin." What did they find? A whopping 50 reports in 30 years. Furthermore, these 50 reports don't actually prove that accutane is what caused the growth plates to close. Its just a possibility. The entire premise is based off the theory that Accutane may have a negative impact on the GH-IGF-I axis, leading to a reduction in IGF-I and IGFBP3 serum levels. In theory this is a possibility, but there's nothing to prove that this actually exists, and if it does it is a less than 0.001% chance of happening.

"But muh big pharma bro still a 1% chance!" Do you actually think if this was such a real thing there would be 0 evidence for it and the general population would be clueless about it? How can you actually expect to ascend if you're scared of a proven drug that has been around for years? If you have horrible acne, TAKE ACCUTANE! It literally saved my life and many others.
I have horrible acne but doctors put u on a bunch of usesless shit befote they suggest accutane so i just have to wait

I have horrible acne but doctors put u on a bunch of usesless shit befote they suggest accutane so i just have to wait
Yup same shit happened to me, they gave me a bunch of useless topicals. Tret and clindamycin wont fix severe acne they legit just wasted a year of my time

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Kasubii.
tagging high iQ bhais + b @Clavicular @TechnoBoss @NorwoodAscender @Axii @kanderior

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss and Clavicular
thank u bhai :owo:

• Love it
I agree

• Love it
Might be facts, my cousin took it and grew rapidly to 6’7

• JFL

Water anyone who doesnt know this should be on this forum

• +1
Not really, tons of ppl here still believe this
they are retarded sheep

when i did accutane i did a tiny bit of research and found only some hand bones saw bone plate growth but nothing affecting height

• +1
Reactions: AySab
they are retarded sheep

when i did accutane i did a tiny bit of research and found only some hand bones saw bone plate growth but nothing affecting height
Im agreeing, this forum just cant read anything themselves that's why its not water

• +1
Reactions: AySab and Saisei
i dont believe accutane's growth inhibiting effects are due to the gh/igf-1 axis.

accutane is a retinoic acid derivative

with normal accutane treatment, you're on it for several months with 40-80mg, which is a shit ton

• +1
Reactions: FrenchChad

highIQ, finally, someone who actually reads and understands what is actually being written.
My cousin still grew (at 20) after 2 treatments of accutane, both 40mg.

• +1
i dont believe accutane's growth inhibiting effects are due to the gh/igf-1 axis.

accutane is a retinoic acid derivative

with normal accutane treatment, you're on it for several months with 40-80mg, which is a shit ton
IIRC that's one of the factors, even tho probably not the most important one.
Isotretinoin might cause growth impairment by inducing premature fusion of the growth plates, which seems to be associated with younger age, incremental doses, and the duration of the therapy, beyond individual susceptibility.The GH/IGF-1 axis and other hormones may be affected during treatment.

they are retarded sheep

The the study mentioned in OP talks about the growth plates of the femur and the tibia, literally the most crucial ones for height.
>Based on this study, isotretinoin appears to impact the growth plates of proximal tibia and distal femur.
Sample size is too small here for them to conclude that yes it closes growth plates but it was still observed and it is an often talked about side-effect either here or on r/accutane and other related forums.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Saisei and Jeww

IIRC that's one of the factors, even tho probably not the most important one.

View attachment 2850534

The the study mentioned in OP talks about the growth plates of the femur and the tibia, literally the most crucial ones for height.
>Based on this study, isotretinoin appears to impact the growth plates of proximal tibia and distal femur.
Sample size is too small here for them to conclude that yes it closes growth plates but it was still observed and it is an often talked about side-effect either here or on r/accutane and other related forums.
The study you linked literally says a conclusion can't be formed. Theres a lack of evidence for this hypothesis which is my whole point. Im not saying its impossible, but I think its very unlikely to completely avoid accutane as a whole if you need it because of a small chance this is true is dumb.

lold ngl ppl come up with most random shit here
pusher-mads-mikkelsen.gif

• +1
The study you linked literally says a conclusion can't be formed. Theres a lack of evidence for this hypothesis which is my whole point. Im not saying its impossible, but I think its very unlikely to completely avoid accutane as a whole if you need it because of a small chance this is true is dumb.
The study that i have linked concludes that Accutane might cause growth impairments, and that more research is necessary. It has been observed nonetheless, and we are already aware of how retinoic acids are able to negatively impact chondrocytes, which are responsible for making you grow.
They have literally identified several mechanisms through which Accutane could stunt your growth.

Aside from the cases mentioned in the study in OP, you can find a lot of reports of people who think that Accutane stunted their growth, whether on Reddit or even here. I doubt that all of them are larping.
You can still take it once your growth is complete. Taking the (non-negligible) risk to stunt your growth permanently is even dumber.