Accutane side effects

MiroslavBulldosex

MiroslavBulldosex

On vacation
Well for starters I want to say that accutane is a "miracle" drug and that everyone with medium to severe acne should take it once their growth plates are closed. I do not regret taking this drug at all.

I wanted to make this thread to talk about the mental side effects of this drug which I feel are not discussed enough.
People will usually only talk about the physical ones that almost everyone gets (dry lips, dry skin, some stiffness).

Basically what I've noticed is that I get way more sensitive whatever my emotion is.
For example if I get angry I might start punching walls and lose my shit from time to time which I rarely do when I'm off that drug unless I'm really fucking upset. If something makes me depressed I will feel more depressed than when I'm off the drug.

This study talks about it

" RESULTS:
Isotretinoin but not antibiotic treatment was associated with decreased brain metabolism in the orbitofrontal cortex (-21% change versus 2% change for antibiotic), a brain area known to mediate symptoms of depression. There were no differences in the severity of depressive symptoms between the isotretinoin and antibiotic treatment groups before or after treatment.

CONCLUSIONS:
This study suggests that isotretinoin treatment is associated with changes in brain functioning."
The orbitofrontal cortex (OFC) is a prefrontal cortex region in the frontal lobes of the brain which is involved in the cognitive process of decision-making.

Last edited:
Could Retin-A give the same sides?

it made me angry and i've decided to change my life in a good way.
it helped me a lot tbh, not joking.

• +1
Reactions: MiroslavBulldosex
I'd assume accutane is stronger.

accutane is a really miracle drug, it gave me god tier skin.
however it's a hard drug, get your liver tested, get your vitamin d levels tested.
basically it needs comprehensive precaution.
although my older brother used and he even consumed alcohol a lot and didn't get any side effects except dry lips lol.

so it depends on the person.

• +1
Just get retin A bro

i did smolov twice on accutane, i credit my bad knees to doing this tbh

I wonder what side effects would you get if you regularly take Fin & Accutane?

I'll be sure to let you know in a couple months.

• +1
Well for starters I want to say that accutane is a "miracle" drug and that everyone with medium to severe acne should take it once their growth plates are closed. I do not regret taking this drug at all.

I wanted to make this thread to talk about the mental side effects of this drug which I feel are not discussed enough.
People will usually only talk about the physical ones that almost everyone gets (dry lips, dry skin, some stiffness).

Basically what I've noticed is that I get way more sensitive whatever my emotion is.
For example if I get angry I might start punching walls and lose my shit from time to time which I rarely do when I'm off that drug unless I'm really fucking upset. If something makes me depressed I will feel more depressed than when I'm off the drug.

This study talks about it

" RESULTS:
Isotretinoin but not antibiotic treatment was associated with decreased brain metabolism in the orbitofrontal cortex (-21% change versus 2% change for antibiotic), a brain area known to mediate symptoms of depression. There were no differences in the severity of depressive symptoms between the isotretinoin and antibiotic treatment groups before or after treatment.

CONCLUSIONS:
This study suggests that isotretinoin treatment is associated with changes in brain functioning."
The orbitofrontal cortex (OFC) is a prefrontal cortex region in the frontal lobes of the brain which is involved in the cognitive process of decision-making.
I saw your many thread little frenchie,you bought too much accutane,you must try alternative day,it's much cheaper and it is as effective as every day.I am currently taking 20 mg alternative day tbh.After 8 weeks ,researchers show that alternative day and everyday has almost same effect without sides effect with alternative day.I am frenchie too and it's impossible to get this drug in our country.But i found the way,and i have 4 month supply considering alternative day

I saw your many thread little frenchie,you bought too much accutane,you must try alternative day,it's much cheaper and it is as effective as every day.I am currently taking 20 mg alternative day tbh.After 8 weeks ,researchers show that alternative day and everyday has almost same effect without sides effect with alternative day.I am frenchie too and it's impossible to get this drug in our country.But i found the way,and i have 4 month supply considering alternative day
Yeah but wouldn't it take twice as long? Ain't got time for that.

I've been on accutane for 6 months (mostly around 30 mg a day). My sides:
  1. Dry lips - you basically need to use a cream for it a few times daily. Sounds irritating but you get used to it and it isn't a big deal imo.
  2. An increase of overall dryness, face but also arms. Just use a moisturizer often. And drink tons of water, if you don't already.
  3. Lower back pain while laying - probably the most annoying side-effect for me, this pain really sucks, but it easily goes away.
Haven't noticed any other sides, including the mental ones. Idk I might be a bit more irritated rn if I think about, but I doubt it's due to the accutane.

Recommending it as it's simply the best cure for acne. My acne wasn't that horrible, but I'm glad I got on it, in fact I regret I haven't done this earlier.

I got gyno on this combo, but I suspect the cause was different - stopping my zinc supplementation. It's slowly disappearing now.

Also, my dermatologist also prescribed me an antihistamine, as it is proven to reduce the sides.

I don't know how much did it affect me, but I feel like my sides are totally bearable and I don't plan to change what is working well, as I learned from zinc supplementation (stopping it probably caused my gyno after 2 years of taking fin with no problem)

Last edited:
  • +1
Been on it for 2 months as of now (1 month at 20mg and one at 40mg), didn't notice any mental changes and I'm feeling really good overall. My skin is already miles better than it was before I started.

The only annoying side effect is sore joints. I think 20 mg alternate days is the way to go for minimising sides tbh.

The only annoying side effect is sore joints. I think 20 mg alternate days is the way to go for minimising sides tbh.
Haven't got any physical side effect apart from the usual dry lips and skin, and I'm gymcelling daily.

• +1
Reactions: Edgar
Haven't got any physical side effect apart from the usual dry lips and skin, and I'm gymcelling daily.
I think it depends on the person. I have never gotten dry skin on Accutane.

• Woah
I think it depends on the person. I have never gotten dry skin on Accutane.
Interesting.
You still have dry lips and need lip balm don't you?

Bro I'm getting so much fucking hairLoss on this drug. I'm hoping my hair thickens up after the treatment. If it doesn't, then I might :feelsrope:

• JFL
Reactions: EdwardCullen
Interesting.
You still have dry lips and need lip balm don't you?
The first time around it was cold outside and I had to us way more lip balm. Now during the summer I use it once every couple of days. Some days it is definitely worse though

• +1
Bro I'm getting so much fucking hairLoss on this drug. I'm hoping my hair thickens up after the treatment. If it doesn't, then I might :feelsrope:
Bro just rope remember me the bald guy, I’m growing hair

Nah jk bro dont sweat it just take it ez, quit accutane it isn’t for u