Achieving More Radiant Skin: A DIY Guide to Dermaplaning

TheMilkMan

TheMilkMan

Strive for Excellence or Perish
Abstract: The contents of this post will go over dermaplaning to rejuvenate facial skin and optimize skincare product penetration. Individuals with a lot of dead skin cells and vellus hairs will find dermaplaning effective in creating a more radiant and healthy appearance.

Description: Dermaplaning works by removing dead skin cells and vellus hairs, it’s a non-invasive method to achieve smoother, more radiant skin. Additionally, the removal of these barriers enhances the absorption of skincare products, allowing for deeper nourishment and more effective results. This discussion serves as a guide for individuals seeking to enhance their skincare routine and achieve optimal skin health through dermaplaning. It is recommended to dermaplan every 1-2 weeks to maximize benefits without destroying your skin’s moisture barrier in order to maintain healthy skin.

Required items:
  • Dermaplan tool (can be purchased on amazon, doesn’t matter which one you get)
  • Cleanser
  • Toner
  • Moisturizer

Procedure:
  1. Start by cleansing your skin, I personally use La Roche Posay’s gentle cleanser. It is advisable to cleanse twice to ensure the removal of any residual dirt to minimize the risk of bacterial acne occurring.
  2. After cleansing use a toner to ensure removal of any leftover cleanser and/or dirt that your cleanser may have not picked up. I recommend Pyunkang Yul Essence Toner for Deep Hydration (@NorwoodAscender put me on this, it’s good stuff)
  3. Once your skin is dry, you’re ready to start dermaplaning. Pull your skin tight as referenced in the image below and angle your dermaplaning tool at 45 degrees. and make short strokes. Using short, gentle strokes,glide the tool across your face, avoiding the beard area if applicable. (Reference Photo for pulling skin tight)
  4. Upon completion of dermaplaning, cleanse your face again using a gentle cleanser to wash away any remaining dead skin cells. This step helps to ensure that your skin is thoroughly clean and ready to absorb subsequent skincare products.
  5. Apply a Non-Comedogenic Moisturizer, I recommend La Roche Posay’s Toleriane.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: NorwoodAscender, SeriousAscension and Kristin
alternatively for removing dead skin cells you could just rub the shit out of your face with your hands.

Abstract: The contents of this post will go over dermaplaning to rejuvenate facial skin and optimize skincare product penetration. Individuals with a lot of dead skin cells and vellus hairs will find dermaplaning effective in creating a more radiant and healthy appearance.

Description: Dermaplaning works by removing dead skin cells and vellus hairs, it’s a non-invasive method to achieve smoother, more radiant skin. Additionally, the removal of these barriers enhances the absorption of skincare products, allowing for deeper nourishment and more effective results. This discussion serves as a guide for individuals seeking to enhance their skincare routine and achieve optimal skin health through dermaplaning. It is recommended to dermaplan every 1-2 weeks to maximize benefits without destroying your skin’s moisture barrier in order to maintain healthy skin.

Required items:
  • Dermaplan tool (can be purchased on amazon, doesn’t matter which one you get)
  • Cleanser
  • Toner
  • Moisturizer

Procedure:
  1. Start by cleansing your skin, I personally use La Roche Posay’s gentle cleanser. It is advisable to cleanse twice to ensure the removal of any residual dirt to minimize the risk of bacterial acne occurring.
  2. After cleansing use a toner to ensure removal of any leftover cleanser and/or dirt that your cleanser may have not picked up. I recommend Pyunkang Yul Essence Toner for Deep Hydration (@NorwoodAscender put me on this, it’s good stuff)
  3. Once your skin is dry, you’re ready to start dermaplaning. Pull your skin tight as referenced in the image below and angle your dermaplaning tool at 45 degrees. and make short strokes. Using short, gentle strokes,glide the tool across your face, avoiding the beard area if applicable. (Reference Photo for pulling skin tight) View attachment 2847771
  4. Upon completion of dermaplaning, cleanse your face again using a gentle cleanser to wash away any remaining dead skin cells. This step helps to ensure that your skin is thoroughly clean and ready to absorb subsequent skincare products.
  5. Apply a Non-Comedogenic Moisturizer, I recommend La Roche Posay’s Toleriane.
no skin for bones

• +1
Reactions: beebeem_
Did i just read all to learn how to shave my hair and clean my face ?