Acne Scars OwnDoc DermaStamp

JeremyMeeks

JeremyMeeks

Bronze
Yo bitches, been lurking for a while - finally time to ascend.

Vit C and Retinol have, over the last 2 weeks, faded hyper pigmentation a bit. I don't really breakout anymore but still have visible scarring.

I am poorcell right now so wondering if dermastamp from owndoc will have same effect as derminator for acne scarring. I collagenmax and am only 18 so skin quality and coloring (5 carrots everyday) are good but its the scarring that stops me from ascending.

For the dermagods here, 2 questions:

(1) Should I use 1.5 or 2mm for acne scarring and can I use the same length for hyper pigmentation
(2) Owndoc says that the recovery is quicker with dermastamps so at 1.5/2mm depth, what should the frequency be

begin with the lowest mm, than build up.

• +1
Reactions: RichardSpencel
1.5/2mm will be painful. Dermastamp is just a manual less effective and more messy derminator. Same mechanism behind them both.

1) I think you might not need to go that deep just for hyper pigmentation - surely, 0.5mm-1mm is more than adequate since all you want to do is stimulate collagen production right? Why go for 1.5mm/2mm if you go for scars then sure 1.5mm-2mm.
2)Once a month at least inbetween sessions imo.

• +1
Reactions: JeremyMeeks
begin with the lowest mm, than build up.

Before looksmaxxing, I had been using one of those shitty dermapens from china until recently I learnt they cause micro-tearing. Wanted to buy derminator, but wanted to use dermastamp before as I save up to buy it.

I think my scars can tolerate 1.5mm as that is what I have been using even though the chinese pens are probably less than the advertised depth

Are you sure you mean chinese dermapen, not regular dermaroller?

Yeah, i mean chinese pens (like the ones of ebay) - not a dermaroller.

If you look hard enough, there is a post here on looksmax with a link to a video from owndoc comparing the Dr.Pen to the derminator showing how the Dr.Pen causes micro-tearing.

Obviously, there is bias because they are promoting their own brand, but micro-tearing is not a risk I am willing to take.

Before looksmaxxing, I had been using one of those shitty dermapens from china until recently I learnt they cause micro-tearing. Wanted to buy derminator, but wanted to use dermastamp before as I save up to buy it.

I think my scars can tolerate 1.5mm as that is what I have been using even though the chinese pens are probably less than the advertised depth
yeah that is pretty fucked up bro. but if this isn't your first time you can go with a higher mm