UPDATED Ways To Treat/Prevent Acne

AySab

AySab

Silver
Alright, i’ve seen too many org users still suffering from acne, so, i’m going to make some treatment guides.
I’m going to provide a link that vaguely explains the pathogenesis of acne. Pathogenesis Of Acne

Alright, after you read that we are going to target all precursors to acne; hormones, bacteria, inflammation, sebum production and reducing keratinocytes.

If changing your diet and habits haven’t had any positive impact, here is a little routine that I put together myself… (Improves Collagen And Prevents The Formation Of Acne)

AM:
Cleanser (Salicylic Acid)
Moisturiser
Sunscreen (Strongest One, Make Sure It’s Formulated For Oily Skin Types)

PM:
Wait 5 Minutes…
Tretinoin 0.05-0.1/Tazarotene 0.1/Adapalene 0.3/Trifarotene 0.005
Wait 20 minutes
Moisturiser

Supplements: (you don’t need all of this BTW)
D3, Vitamin B Complex, Omega-3 (IMO probably the most important supplement here), Iron, Zinc, VC, Probiotics, Green Tea Extract, Liposomal Glutathione…

Medications:
NSAID (Aspirin, Ibuprofen)
Anti-Histamines (Cetirizine)

This honestly should be enough but let’s say it isn’t;
This place forward is experimental and its where medications can cause substantial harm to the body, or indirectly prevent the formation of acne.

Dutasteride, LZ1, Lauric Acid, CEN1HC-Br, Anti-Biotics, Bee Venom, Anakinra, Canakinumab, Rilonacept, MCC950, SSRI, Tanshinone IIA, Injectable GHK-CU, Biguanides, BLP-7, Peptide P5, HPA3NT3, [D4k]ascaphin-8, [G4K]XT-7, [T5k]temporin-DRa, brevinin-2GU, B2RP-ERa, Cationic Peptides, TLR2 inhibitor, Micro-Botox, Sebaceous Gland Ablation, Injectable Corticosteroid+Botox+Saline, Injectable Doxycycline, AMPs, Clascoterone, Injectable Glutathione, Genetic Alteration?, Banana Peels, 5-Aminolaevulinic Acid, Osilodrostat, Mitotane, Metyrapone, Spironolactone… (there is much more lmfao)
And my personal favourite, Micronized Isotretinoin (Mogs Standard Isotretinoin Formula).

If you’re taking isotretinoin, here is a stack I recommend:

AM: Omega-3, Vitamin-D3, Vitamin C

PM: Micronized Isotretinoin, Anti-Histamine, Lactobacillus plantarum MH-301

-and of course, do a skincare routine without the retinoid, thats going to be the aftercare after the Isotret cycle is over.
If you’re microdosing Isotretinoin like me, get the 5mg strength and use 0.1 Tretinoin.

Thank you for reading! If you have any questions LMK!

• +1
Reactions: org3cel.RR, ripikke, ALTF4 and 3 others
bump:feelswhy:

• +1
Reactions: silencio and barettrealrx
rly good guide could use more explanation tho eg. can you explain why you included

• +1
Reactions: AySab
rly good guide could use more explanation tho eg. can you explain why you included
Anti-Histamines and NSAIDs provide anti-inflammatory effects, either by interfering with the inflammation process in the pathogenesis of acne, or already decreasing the inflammation in present lesions.

• +1
Reactions: silencio
Alright, i’ve seen too many org users still suffering from acne, so, i’m going to make some treatment guides.
I’m going to provide a link that vaguely explains the pathogenesis of acne. Pathogenesis Of Acne

Alright, after you read that we are going to target all precursors to acne; hormones, bacteria, inflammation, sebum production and reducing keratinocytes.

If changing your diet and habits haven’t had any positive impact, here is a little routine that I put together myself… (Improves Collagen And Prevents The Formation Of Acne)

AM:
Moisturiser

PM:
Wait 5 Minutes…
Wait 20 minutes
Moisturiser

D3, Vitamin B Complex, Omega-3 (IMO probably the most important supplement here), Iron, Zinc, VC, Probiotics, Green Tea Extract, Liposomal Glutathione…

Medications:

This place forward is experimental and its where medications can cause substantial harm to the body, or indirectly prevent the formation of acne.

Dutasteride, LZ1, Lauric Acid, CEN1HC-Br, Anti-Biotics, Bee Venom, Anakinra, Canakinumab, Rilonacept, MCC950, SSRI, Tanshinone IIA, Injectable GHK-CU, Biguanides, BLP-7, Peptide P5, HPA3NT3, [D4k]ascaphin-8, [G4K]XT-7, [T5k]temporin-DRa, brevinin-2GU, B2RP-ERa, Cationic Peptides, TLR2 inhibitor, Micro-Botox, Sebaceous Gland Ablation, Injectable Corticosteroid+Botox+Saline, Injectable Doxycycline, AMPs, Clascoterone, Injectable Glutathione, Genetic Alteration?, Banana Peels, 5-Aminolaevulinic Acid, Osilodrostat, Mitotane, Metyrapone, Spironolactone… (there is much more lmfao)
And my personal favourite, Micronized Isotretinoin (Mogs Standard Isotretinoin Formula).

-and of course, do a skincare routine without the retinoid, thats going to be the aftercare after the Isotret cycle is over.
If you’re microdosing Isotretinoin like me, get the 5mg strength and use 0.1 Tretinoin.

jst blsst accutane skincare is a scam acne if severe enough

it really is u never had severe acne if skincare actually works for u
i did have severe acne and the only way I got rid of it was because of isotretinoin, but isotretinoin is usually only effective for oily skin types and it comes with severe side effects.

• +1
Reactions: ALTF4
Tag me next time please bro

• +1
Tag me next time please bro
ill make sure to tag you in all skin threads.
IMG 3034
:love:

• Love it
Reactions: silencio
i did have severe acne and the only way I got rid of it was because of isotretinoin, but isotretinoin is usually only effective for oily skin types and it comes with severe side effects.
exactly so skincare never worked for you

• Hmm...
exactly so skincare never worked for you
it did, it helps manage it.
i only took 5mg and that was because I just wanted to shut down my oil glands so my skin isn’t as oily.

AM:
Moisturiser

PM:
Wait 5 Minutes…
Wait 20 minutes
Moisturiser

Medications:

what type of vit c should I use? liposomal? and what dosing?

Don't waste your money on this, the only thing that actually works is long term topical retinoid treatment or Isotretinoin. Micronised Isotretinoin is the dumbest thing I have heard. I have prescribed antihistamines with Isotretinoin in the past and all patients say it did nothing for them. NSAIDS don't have a local enough effect to reduce inflammation to reduce acne with any real improvement, if any. From a doctor, this is the cheapest and most effective way to treat:

mild acne (no nodules/ cysts, few black heads & whiteheads, some papuoles):
AM or PM:
3 month course of 5% benzoyl peroxide with 1% clindamycin
AM or PM:
15% azelaic acid gel

Every 3 days use 2% salicylic acid wash before the antibiotic cream.

Moderate acne (no nodules/cysts, blackheads/whiteheads present, numerous papules):
- Moderate strength retinoid (treclin(.025% tret with clindamycin) or 0.1-0.3% adaplane)
- benzoyl peroxide + clindamycin if not using treclin
- 15% azleaic acid gel.
use all 3 daily. What is in am/pm depends on retinoid used.

Moderate-Severe acne( no nodules, few cysts + moderate acne critera):
AM:
- 2% salicylic acid face wash
- 5% benzoyl peroxide with 1% clindamycin
PM:
- 15% azelaic acid gel
- 0.05% tretinoin OR 0.3% adaplane OR 0.05 tazarotene. Adaplane is weakest. Higher strength not recommended initially.

Severe acne (nodules present OR scarring OR not responding to above):
- refer to dermatology for Isotretinoin
- For topical treatment, use above guidelines but either 0.1% tretinoin or 0.1% tazarotene

Other guidance:
- Only offer oral antibiotic if patient requests OR if acne present on multiple locations on the body OR if rapid clearance needed. Do not prescribe topical antibiotic with oral. Do not use oral antibiotic as monotherapy.
- Offer all patients with darker skin azelaic acid addon therapy even if acne not severe
- Do not prescribe hydroquinone until acne has been cleared
- Emphasise importance of sunscreen to patient
- Advise patient to avoid using comodegenic mosteriusers such as petroleum jelly
- Advise patient acne will get worse temporarily
- Refer to dermatology if patient has comorbid skin conditions.
- Do not prescribe topical antibiotics for longer than 6 months, review every 2 months.

Literally all the supplements you have listed is major cope. Zinc is only effective is very high doses which causes bad side effects. The above routines cost at most $20-$60 every 2 months, urs cost alot more.

Btw people who recommend triafortene as a first choice drank galderma coolaid. It's not this holy grail.

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: AySab and thebuffdon690
Don't waste your money on this, the only thing that actually works is long term topical retinoid treatment or Isotretinoin. Micronised Isotretinoin is the dumbest thing I have heard. I have prescribed antihistamines with Isotretinoin in the past and all patients say it did nothing for them. NSAIDS don't have a local enough effect to reduce inflammation to reduce acne with any real improvement, if any. From a doctor, this is the cheapest and most effective way to treat:

AM or PM:
AM or PM:
15% azelaic acid gel

Moderate acne (no nodules/cysts, blackheads/whiteheads present, numerous papules):
- Moderate strength retinoid (treclin(.025% tret with clindamycin) or 0.1-0.3% adaplane)
- 15% azleaic acid gel.

AM:
PM:
- 15% azelaic acid gel
- 0.05% tretinoin OR 0.3% adaplane OR 0.05 tazarotene. Adaplane is weakest. Higher strength not recommended initially.

- For topical treatment, use above guidelines but either 0.1% tretinoin or 0.1% tazarotene

Other guidance:
- Only offer oral antibiotic if patient requests OR if acne present on multiple locations on the body OR if rapid clearance needed. Do not prescribe topical antibiotic with oral. Do not use oral antibiotic as monotherapy.
- Offer all patients with darker skin azelaic acid addon therapy even if acne not severe
- Advise patient to avoid using comodegenic mosteriusers such as petroleum jelly
- Do not prescribe topical antibiotics for longer than 6 months, review every 2 months.

Literally all the supplements you have listed is major cope. Zinc is only effective is very high doses which causes bad side effects. The above routines cost at most $20-$60 every 2 months, urs cost alot more.

Btw people who recommend triafortene as a first choice drank galderma coolaid. It's not this holy grail.
Ibuprofen Reducing Acne. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/623...ted the 8,9 SE) was statistically significant.
Your routine is high maintenance, and sebaceous glands can ONLY be shrunk with isotretinoin.

Your routine also includes a lot of anti-biotics which can make the bacteria resistant making the treatment ineffective.
And antibiotic resistance is at a all time high.

None of the supplements are cope lmfao. I don’t know why you’re assuming that.

Tretinoin is one of the worst retinoids for treating Acne, adapalene and Tazarotene are much better.
https://www.fagronacademy.us/blog/t...s been noted,0.025-0.1% topical preparations.

AM or PM:
AM or PM:
15% azelaic acid gel

- 15% azleaic acid gel.

AM:
PM:
- 15% azelaic acid gel

Other guidance:

Micronised Isotretinion is superior, stop coping. And you know whats funny, is that our routines are extremely similar, but you’re arguing for no reason. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/114...en shown to,has not been described previously.
Micronised Isotretinoin being a safer option:
IMG 7390

AM or PM:
AM or PM:
15% azelaic acid gel

- 15% azleaic acid gel.

AM:
PM:
- 15% azelaic acid gel

Other guidance:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25081735/
Isotretinoin and Anti-Histamines reducing lesions.

Ibuprofen Reducing Acne. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/6239884/#:~:text=Sixty patients completed the 8,9 SE) was statistically significant.
Your routine is high maintenance, and sebaceous glands can ONLY be shrunk with isotretinoin
"However, only the combination of ibuprofen and tetracycline therapy had an effect statistically better than the placebo response (16+ +/- 11 SE)" . Lol. No it didn't, it only worked cuz of the antibiotics. Also 600mg ibuprofen daily for 8 weeks is going to give people stomach ulcers. I wonder how many people dropped out of the study...

Your routine also includes a lot of anti-biotics which can make the bacteria resistant making the treatment ineffective.
And antibiotic resistance is at a all time high.
The clindamycin is used predominantly for anti inflammatory effect, not antibiotic effect. This tells me you have no idea what you are talking about. when an antibitoic is used with benzoyl peroxide OR azelaic acid, resistance CANNOT develop.
None of the supplements are cope lmfao. I don’t know why you’re assuming that.

Tretinoin is one of the worst retinoids for treating Acne, adapalene and Tazarotene are much better.
https://www.fagronacademy.us/blog/tretinoin-adapalene-tazarotene-understanding-the-difference-between-common-retinoids#:~:text=Tazarotene 0.1% has been noted,0.025-0.1% topical preparations.
tazarotene is the best but it is less available than tretinoin on insurances and globally. Tretinoin is not worse than adaplane. Maybe if you are comparing 0.025% tret with 0.3% adaplane. I actually prescribe this and I know for a fact thats false.

Last edited:
Micronised Isotretinion is superior, stop coping. And you know whats funny, is that our routines are extremely similar, but you’re arguing for no reason. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11464180/#:~:text=A new micronized formulation of isotretinoin has been shown to,has not been described previously.
Micronised Isotretinoin being a safer option: View attachment 2921683
It's "safer" if you consider a nosebleed as a significant event. Micronised is going to cost alot more for not a larger benefit. The same safety gain can be achieved using a lower dose of normal tret over a longer period of time. If it was really safer we would use it in the NHS.

"However, only the combination of ibuprofen and tetracycline therapy had an effect statistically better than the placebo response (16+ +/- 11 SE)" . Lol. No it didn't, it only worked cuz of the antibiotics. Also 600mg ibuprofen daily for 8 weeks is going to give people stomach ulcers. I wonder how many people dropped out of the study...

The clindamycin is used predominantly for anti inflammatory effect, not antibiotic effect. This tells me yku have no idea what you are talking about. when an antibitoic is used with benzoyl peroxide OR azelaic acid, resistance CANNOT develop.

tazarotene is the best but it is less available than tretinoin on insurances and globally. Tretinoin is not worse than adaplane. Maybe if you are comparing 0.025% tret with 0.3% adaplane. I actually prescribe this and I know for a fact thats false.
“ibuprofen alone (26% +/- 13 SE)” it literally shows difference.
yeah, you’re right about clindamycin, although its stated “it decreases significantly” indicating there is still a chance to.
0.3 adapalene>tretinoin.

It's "safer" if you consider a nosebleed as a significant event. Micronised is going to cost alot more for not a larger benefit. The same safety gain can be achieved using a lower dose of normal tret over a longer period of time. If it was really safer we would use it in the NHS.
no, thats just one example for it being a safer option.
micronised technology is ofc going to be more expensive but its has better bioavailability and is safer.

The clindamycin is used predominantly for anti inflammatory effect, not antibiotic effect. This tells me you have no idea what you are talking about. when an antibitoic is used with benzoyl peroxide OR azelaic acid, resistance CANNOT develop.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23725303/
0.05 Tretinoin was used and was equal to 0.3 Adapalene.
but, Adapalene binds to less RAR subclasses than Tretinoin making it less irritating.

AM or PM:
AM or PM:
15% azelaic acid gel

- 15% azleaic acid gel.

AM:
PM:
- 15% azelaic acid gel

Other guidance:

Since you called my supplements cope, here is a study done with isotretinoin and Lactobacillus plantarum MH-301 for acne. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/382...H-301 could be,the treatment of acne vulgaris.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25081735/
Isotretinoin and Anti-Histamines reducing lesions.
Sample size in that study is tiny. Not controlling for pmhx.

Have you read the actual study? If you actually are able to intereprrt the biomarkers that are lower, you would realise its not worth the price increasse. the only real differences that matter is the number of people discontinui g therapy due to adverse effects of which THERE WAS THE SAME! or deaths or hospitalizations(both 0, as none related to treatment), again THERE WAS THE SAME.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23725303/
0.05 Tretinoin was used and was equal to 0.3 Adapalene.
but, Adapalene binds to less RAR subclasses than Tretinoin making it less irritating.
Only ran study for 90 days. Insufficient time period. It is well established tretinoin takes 6 months for a significant effect and 1 year for the full effect. Also this was only done on Mexican patients. Lol. I'm not saying Adapalene isn't less irritating, for many people it works well, but foe those it doesn't, Tretinoin is much better.

Since you called my supplements cope, here is a study done with isotretinoin and Lactobacillus plantarum MH-301 for acne. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/38264057/#:~:text=plantarum MH-301 could be,the treatment of acne vulgaris.
Your supplements are cope because they do not have the same rigorous evidence backing them real treatments do. There is a study proving just about everything if you look hard enough.

“ibuprofen alone (26% +/- 13 SE)” it literally shows difference.
yeah, you’re right about clindamycin, although its stated “it decreases significantly” indicating there is still a chance to.
0.3 adapalene>tretinoin.
Dose of ibuprofen used is not safe for long term. Variance within group is too wide for it to be recommended when there are far more safer and effective treatments

Are you even reading the studies before sending them? You are some kid regurgitating abstracts of pubmed whilst lacking the foundation in medicine to interepret them properly. You can believe what you want, but don't act like you know more than me or spread wrong information. I work with these medications on a daily basis. If even half of what you were saying had a real standing, we would actually use them in clinical practice- most of the evidence you sent is really old, not like its groundbreaking stuff. But it's not used in clinical practice because it's bs.

Your position is "bro take these 20 supplements from 15 different companies" whereas the medical advice is to use what is EVIDENCE BASED and easily available.

I'm gonna stop responding to you now, it's clear you have zero scientific training.

Last edited:
are you actually reading it? lmfao.

Boohoo, depression :lul:
Read under your blue outline idiot.
you fucking moron, look at the difference.
Dose of ibuprofen used is not safe for long term. Variance within group is too wide for it to be recommended when there are far more safer and effective treatments
No one gives a fuck if it’s unhealthy or not, you’re already taking isotretinoin so whats the fucking point.
Sample size in that study is tiny. Not controlling for pmhx.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31734672/
That was just one study, here is 100 people.

Your position is "bro take these 20 supplements from 15 different companies" whereas the medical advice is to use what is EVIDENCE BASED and easily available.
no one said to take all 20, and they are to balance deficiencies, minimise side effects and for overall health.
I'm gonna stop responding to you now, it's clear you have zero scientific training.
Good, you’re so low IQ that it makes me wanna puke. + I mog your IQ and you, and you can sit down and cope while I inject shit into my face and have better skin that you will never have.
IMG 3029

• JFL
Reactions: LegitUser
are you actually reading it? lmfao.

Boohoo, depression :lul:

Read under your blue outline idiot.

you fucking moron, look at the difference.
Can you read it yourself retard? Do you see where it says UNRELATED TO TREATMENT? WHERE IT CLARIFIES ALL CASES IN BOTH GROUPS ARE UNRELATED TO TREATMENT?

No one gives a fuck if it’s unhealthy or not, you’re already taking isotretinoin so whats the fucking point.
Enjoy your colostomy bag 😊. Great looksmax tip!

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31734672/
That was just one study, here is 100 people.

no one said to take all 20, and they are to balance deficiencies, minimise side effects and for overall health.
least obvious jew lover supplement shill:

Good, you’re so low IQ that it makes me wanna puke. + I mog your IQ and you, and you can sit down and cope while I inject shit into my face and have better skin that you will never have.
.View attachment 2921842
Lol my skin is clear but keep coping. It comes with the territory being a DOCTOR SPECALISED IN SKIN. I can afford surgeries you will only dream of getting. cope and seethe.

Can you read it yourself retard? Do you see where it says UNRELATED TO TREATMENT? WHERE IT CLARIFIES ALL CASES IN BOTH GROUPS ARE UNRELATED TO TREATMENT?

Enjoy your colostomy bag 😊. Great looksmax tip!

least obvious jew lover supplement shill:

Lol my skin is clear but keep coping. It comes with the territory being a DOCTOR SPECALISED IN SKIN. I can afford surgeries you will only dream of getting. cope and seethe.

My routine for the gay glow goes something like this:

AM:•
Cetaphil - gentle cleanser or just splash face with water•
La roche posay - 10% vit c serum•
The ordinary - moisturizer•
Sunscreen

PM:•
Go-to skincare - Oil cleanser•
Cetaphil - gentle cleanser•
Software skincare - Tretinoin 0.10% from skinorac + Niacinamide 5% in a Hyaluronic Acid base AA cream (4 x week)•
The ordinary - moisturizer•
The ordinary - Salicylic Acid 2% Masque

AM:
Moisturiser

PM:
Wait 5 Minutes…
Wait 20 minutes
Moisturiser

Medications:

What does aspirin help?