Adding works to Salvation will not save you.

lastamericanvirgin

lastamericanvirgin

Gold
It's by Faith Alone.

What's the will of the Father? "This is the will of Him Who sent Me, that you BELIEVE on the Son and I will lose none of you given to Me."

So this proves we can't lose salvation, and secondly the Will and Work of God is to believe in Jesus.

If you add works you're a goat not His sheep. The sheep obey. They believe.

Goats add their own filthy rags.

• +1
Reactions: PsychoH and AlexBrown84
It's by Faith Alone.

What's the will of the Father? "This is the will of Him Who sent Me, that you BELIEVE on the Son and I will lose none of you given to Me."

So this proves we can't lose salvation, and secondly the Will and Work of God is to believe in Jesus.

what if a serial killer claims they are Christian? They still are saved right

• +1
Reactions: lastamericanvirgin
You sir, have won the internet! :ROFLMAO:

what if a serial killer claims they are Christian? They still are saved right
If they truly have been born again they are Saved, yes.

even if they kill 100000 innocent babies they still go heaven yeah?
Yes. A true Christian wouldn't do that though, very unlikely. When you are born again there is a change but it is possible.

Yes. A true Christian wouldn't do that though, very unlikely. When you are born again there is a change but it is possible.
Alright so a born again Christian can kill every single Christian in the world and still go to heaven? Nice.

• +1
It's by Faith Alone.

labour is the proof of faith

• Hmm...
labour is the proof of faith
To others around you, sure, but not to God.

Romans 4:5
However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.

• +1
Reactions: PsychoH
To others around you, sure, but not to God.

However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.
your "faith" alone isnt gonna work. Wish @Eternal was still around
@i_love_roosters my christian expert help this nigga

• +1
Reactions: halloweed
Yes it will Save me. That's what God wants, faith. The works will come naturally, don't worry about my work.

exactly wtf is this guy saying
If you want to believe him go ahead, but he is not a sheep if he believes our works add to salvation. Either you believe in Jesus's finished work on the cross alone, or you believe in your own works and don't truly rely on Jesus alone.

There is no amount of double talking that can change this.

John 6:29
Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

(Notice the Apostles asked Him, what are the works plural of God to be Saved. Jesus replied, there is one "work" singular. Believe. Once you believe, you are sealed and justified forever, because He makes it clear He will lose not a single person that the Father gives to Him.)

Yes it will Save me. That's what God wants, faith. The works will come naturally, don't worry about my work.

wrong interpretation
Alright so a born again Christian can kill every single Christian in the world and still go to heaven? Nice.
'Yes. But we don't.'
idiot, must be a mormon or calvinist or some kind of heresy follower

• +1
Reactions: halloweed
If you want to believe him go ahead, but he is not a sheep if he believes our works add to salvation. Either you believe in Jesus's finished work on the cross alone, or you believe in your own works and don't truly rely on Jesus alone.

There is no amount of double talking that can change this.

(Notice the Apostles asked Him, what are the works plural of God to be Saved. Jesus replied, there is one "work" singular. Believe. Once you believe, you are sealed and justified forever, because He makes it clear He will lose not a single person that the Father gives to Him.)

bro I'm not gonna argue with you, believe what you wanna believe, that's the most stupidest reply to my message I've ever seen.

• +1
In my opinion, faith alone is not enough for salvation in Christianity. You can't just keep sinning if you truly have faith. Good works are a demonstration of genuine faith.

Jesus emphasized that we should walk with Him and strive to be like Him. He said, "Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did" (1 John 2:6). Simply having faith without striving to live a Christ-like life won't lead to salvation.

On Judgment Day, Jesus will reject those who merely profess faith but don't live according to His teachings. In Matthew 7:21-23, He says, "Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’"

The Bible supports this, indicating that faith without works is insufficient. James 2:17 states, "In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead." Additionally, James 2:24 says, "You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone."

So, to truly follow Christ, one must combine faith with actions that reflect His teachings.

• Love it
bro I'm not gonna argue with you, believe what you wanna believe, that's the most stupidest reply to my message I've ever seen.
Yeah you're not Saved, you're not a sheep. Wow. The fact I showed you scripture and that's all you can say proves it. Some satanic stone licking pedo worshipper aren't you?

In my opinion, faith alone is not enough for salvation in Christianity. You can't just keep sinning if you truly have faith. Good works are a demonstration of genuine faith.
100%
Jesus emphasized that we should walk with Him and strive to be like Him. He said, "Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did" (1 John 2:6). Simply having faith without striving to live a Christ-like life won't lead to salvation.
based
On Judgment Day, Jesus will reject those who merely profess faith but don't live according to His teachings. In Matthew 7:21-23, He says, "Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’"

The Bible supports this, indicating that faith without works is insufficient. James 2:17 states, "In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead." Additionally, James 2:24 says, "You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone."

So, to truly follow Christ, one must combine faith with actions that reflect His teachings.
quality post as expected

• Love it
Reactions: i_love_roosters

So then I am working to be self righteous, and relying on my own works which the Bible condemns.

Paul literally tells them, hypothetically, if someone did NO work, ZERO. His Faith is counted as Righteousness and He is Saved.

What is so hard to understand that Jesus paid it all for us? You want to rely on your own self righteousness which Paul condemns and God Hates.

It seems you just can't grasp this, it's not for you. You aren't His Sheep and don't hear His voice. It's like you're spiritually just unable to. Wow.

@i_love_roosters

Repenting means change of heart, which usually almost always also results in change of behavior and actions.

James 2:18
But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

• +1
Reactions: i_love_roosters and PsychoH
no YOU are not saved idiot ur american protestant arent you?

bro what? @halloweed is right tf
nah leave him don't bother arguing even logically/morally what he is saying is wrong.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: i_love_roosters, lastamericanvirgin and PsychoH
So then I am working to be self righteous, and relying on my own works which the Bible condemns.

Paul literally tells them, hypothetically, if someone did NO work, ZERO. His Faith is counted as Righteousness and He is Saved.

What is so hard to understand that Jesus paid it all for us? You want to rely on your own self righteousness which Paul condemns and God Hates.

It seems you just can't grasp this, it's not for you. You aren't His Sheep and don't hear His voice. It's like you're spiritually just unable to. Wow.

@i_love_roosters
it's not for you to determine if he is "saved" or not btw (yes i did it myself too my bad)
but he is you dont understand christianity for the least sorry but thats the truth

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: i_love_roosters, lastamericanvirgin and halloweed

Titus 3:5-7
"he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life."

Yet you guys claim we must be righteous or reach a certain point of Righteousness.

You do NOT know the Gospel.

Notice Paul say's that HE SAVED us. Past tense. We are Saved.

The Orthodox claim we aren't truly Saved in this life it's a "process" and we must do works and self righteousness.

This is not the Gospel and probably of satan and pharisees.

@NoReedemingFeature @i_love_roosters

Repenting means change of heart, which usually almost always also results in change of behavior and actions.

James 2:18
But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
James is speaking to already Saved believers. It's not about justifying yourself to God, but to other men around us. Putting our faith to work. Profitability.

• +1
Reactions: LancasteR
"he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life."

Yet you guys claim we must be righteous or reach a certain point of Righteousness.

The Orthodox claim we aren't truly Saved in this life it's a "process" and we must do works and self righteousness.

bro thinks he knows more than the Orthodox jfl, and u ugh and rage reacted my posts but never answered if you're american protestant (which i can conclude from the reacts yes).
If you dont have the holy spirit you have no work, no work means no holy spirit.
work= proof of faith and the guidance of God
anyways believe what you want to

• +1
James is speaking to already Saved believers. It's not about justifying yourself to God, but to other men around us. Putting our faith to work. Profitability.
I agree that you can‘t really justify yourself or repay for you sins to God.
But in a sense like I said repentance indirectly results in change of behavior and actions.
This doesn’t mean you won‘t stumble anymore but that you try your best not to sin and hurt the people around you.
Or else you risk stumbling into lukewarm behavior and thoughts.

• +1

I get where you're coming from, but I think it's important to look at the bigger picture the Bible paints about faith and works. Yes, John 6:29 says the work of God is to believe in Jesus, and that’s crucial. But the Bible also shows that genuine faith naturally leads to good actions. James 2:17, for example, says that faith without action is dead. It’s not enough to just believe; true faith changes how we live.

You mentioned Romans 4:5, where Paul talks about faith being credited as righteousness. That’s true, but Paul also emphasizes in Galatians 5:6 that what counts is "faith expressing itself through love." This means real faith shows itself in how we act and treat others.

Take the story of the rich young ruler in Matthew 19:16-22. Jesus told him to sell his possessions and follow Him, but he couldn’t do it. His wealth was more important to him than following Jesus. This shows that real faith sometimes requires us to make tough changes in our lives.

And yes, Titus 3:5-7 points out that we are saved by God’s mercy, not by our own righteousness. But look at Ephesians 2:8-10 too, which says we are saved by grace through faith, and we are created in Christ to do good works. So, we’re saved by grace, but that grace leads us to do good works.

I think the Orthodox perspective that salvation is a process involving both faith and works makes sense. Philippians 2:12-13 talks about working out our salvation with fear and trembling because it’s God who works in us to fulfill His purpose. This shows that salvation involves both our faith and God’s work in us.

Finally, it’s not about being self-righteous or relying on our own works. It’s about letting our faith in Christ transform us. 1 John 3:7-10 says that those who do what is right are righteous. This isn’t about earning salvation, but about living out our faith authentically.

So, while faith is absolutely essential, the Bible shows that true faith will naturally lead to good works. They go hand in hand, and one without the other doesn’t give the full picture of what it means to follow Jesus.

• +1
bro thinks he knows more than the Orthodox jfl, and u ugh and rage reacted my posts but never answered if you're american protestant (which i can conclude from the reacts yes).
If you dont have the holy spirit you have no work, no work means no holy spirit.
work= proof of faith and the guidance of God
anyways believe what you want to
I LITERALLY SHOWED YOU THE BIBLE CONDEMNING WORKS OF SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS having any bearing on our salvation.

NO ONE DESERVES IT you self righteous pharisees.

Notice, you claim the HOLY GHOST will make us do good works. Fine. That debunks Orthodoxy then, because NONE OF YOU do good works.

Not one of your priests or bishops are ever seen evangelizing to the lost souls in the streets or worldwide. It's why Orthodoxy is the tiniest and unknown branch of Christianity. According to you the SPIRIT failed?

No it's that your Church isn't Spirit filled. Hypocrites!!

@i_love_roosters

I agree that you can‘t really justify yourself or repay for you sins to God.
But in a sense like I said repentance indirectly results in change of behavior and actions.
This doesn’t mean you won‘t stumble anymore but that you try your best not to sin and hurt the people around you.
Or else you risk stumbling into lukewarm behavior and thoughts.
Repentance means a change of mind. Do you acknowledge your sin is evil and you need a Savior. This doctrine of repenting daily is a work and not found in the Bible lol.

You said we risk stumbling and losing salvation........ The only lukewarm are those who add works and don't fully trust in Jesus.

• Hmm...
Repentance means a change of mind. Do you acknowledge your sin is evil and you need a Savior. This doctrine of repenting daily is a work and not found in the Bible lol.

You said we risk stumbling and losing salvation........ The only lukewarm are those who add works and don't fully trust in Jesus.
Nigger if you don’t fix your post to rep ratio yo ass going to suffer eternity sucking satans BRC(BIG RED COCK)

Where did I say anything about works?
Behavior and works are not the same. The will to change is needed.

I get where you're coming from, but I think it's important to look at the bigger picture the Bible paints about faith and works. Yes, John 6:29 says the work of God is to believe in Jesus, and that’s crucial. But the Bible also shows that genuine faith naturally leads to good actions. James 2:17, for example, says that faith without action is dead. It’s not enough to just believe; true faith changes how we live.

You mentioned Romans 4:5, where Paul talks about faith being credited as righteousness. That’s true, but Paul also emphasizes in Galatians 5:6 that what counts is "faith expressing itself through love." This means real faith shows itself in how we act and treat others.

Take the story of the rich young ruler in Matthew 19:16-22. Jesus told him to sell his possessions and follow Him, but he couldn’t do it. His wealth was more important to him than following Jesus. This shows that real faith sometimes requires us to make tough changes in our lives.

And yes, Titus 3:5-7 points out that we are saved by God’s mercy, not by our own righteousness. But look at Ephesians 2:8-10 too, which says we are saved by grace through faith, and we are created in Christ to do good works. So, we’re saved by grace, but that grace leads us to do good works.

I think the Orthodox perspective that salvation is a process involving both faith and works makes sense. Philippians 2:12-13 talks about working out our salvation with fear and trembling because it’s God who works in us to fulfill His purpose. This shows that salvation involves both our faith and God’s work in us.

Finally, it’s not about being self-righteous or relying on our own works. It’s about letting our faith in Christ transform us. 1 John 3:7-10 says that those who do what is right are righteous. This isn’t about earning salvation, but about living out our faith authentically.

So, while faith is absolutely essential, the Bible shows that true faith will naturally lead to good works. They go hand in hand, and one without the other doesn’t give the full picture of what it means to follow Jesus.
@LancasteR @PsychoH

• +1
I LITERALLY SHOWED YOU THE BIBLE CONDEMNING WORKS OF SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS having any bearing on our salvation.
no you thought you did but you still dont understand the definition of 'faith'.
NO ONE DESERVES IT you self righteous pharisees.
0 respect+ i know no one deserves it you fucking idiot you're such a stupid hypocrit thinking you're smart but arent
Notice, you claim the HOLY GHOST will make us do good works. Fine. That debunks Orthodoxy then, because NONE OF YOU do good works.
how tf does that debunk Orthodoxy bro ur so fucking dumb it makes me mad
Not one of your priests or bishops are ever seen evangelizing to the lost souls in the streets or worldwide.
so?
It's why Orthodoxy is the tiniest and unknown branch of Christianity.
says the lukewarm christian and no the most tiny is nestorianism
According to you the SPIRIT failed?
when?
No it's that your Church isn't Spirit filled. Hypocrites!!
says you
@i_love_roosters
holy fuck this made me so mad @i_love_roosters ignore this hypocrit calling us hypocrites.
keep sinning filthy animal idgaf what you think

• +1
No Orthodox understanding is not that fruits are a natural result of being Saved, that's very Lutheran talk which even people like Sam Shamoun and other Catholic Orthodox anti Sole Fide apologist and priests say is false.

They claim, "We must DO the works."

The Orthodox claim, "I don't know when Jesus is returning, s oI must keep doing good works and feeding the homeless so I can go to Heaven hopefully."

It's on video, on YouTube.

So you think the Orthodox perspective that salvation is a process involving both faith and works makes sense? Lol the Bible condemns this, I posted a million verses that say, even if we do no work but believe we are Saved, and not by works but a Free Gift.

Philippians 2:12-13 is speaking of a earthly salvation, this isn't talking about Eternal Salvation of our soul, read the entire chapter.

No Orthodox understanding is not that fruits are a natural result of being Saved, that's very Lutheran talk which even people like Sam Shamoun and other Catholic Orthodox anti Sole Fide apologist and priests say is false.

The Orthodox claim, "I don't know when Jesus is returning, s oI must keep doing good works and feeding the homeless so I can go to Heaven hopefully."

So you think the Orthodox perspective that salvation is a process involving both faith and works makes sense? Lol the Bible condemns this, I posted a million verses that say, even if we do no work but believe we are Saved, and not by works but a Free Gift.

Philippians 2:12-13 is speaking of a earthly salvation, this isn't talking about Eternal Salvation of our soul, read the entire chapter.
@LancasteR @PsychoH this retard is just DNRing us and just keeps rambling :forcedsmile:

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: LancasteR, lastamericanvirgin and PsychoH
no you thought you did but you still dont understand the definition of 'faith'.

0 respect+ i know no one deserves it you fucking idiot you're such a stupid hypocrit thinking you're smart but arent

how tf does that debunk Orthodoxy bro ur so fucking dumb it makes me mad

so?

says the lukewarm christian and no the most tiny is nestorianism

when?

says you

holy fuck this made me so mad @i_love_roosters ignore this hypocrit calling us hypocrites.
keep sinning filthy animal idgaf what you think
"So?"

So you claim TRUE FAITH IS WORKS! WE MUST WORK!! You guys are so dogmatic, yet I actually fed the homeless and said it's from JESUS, I protect animals, I did all that out of my changed heart.

Yet you hypocrites don't go out or feed the homeless, you don't EVANGELIZE like the Bible say's to. You guys do nothing, yet you want to come here and tell us it's by works. This is the definition of religious hypocrisy!

"So?"

So you claim TRUE FAITH IS WORKS! WE MUST WORK!! You guys are so dogmatic, yet I actually fed the homeless and said it's from JESUS, I protect animals, I did all that out of my changed heart.

Yet you hypocrites don't go out or feed the homeless, you don't EVANGELIZE like the Bible say's to. You guys do nothing, yet you want to come here and tell us it's by works. This is the definition of religious hypocrisy!
@LancasteR @PsychoH this retard is just DNRing us and just keeps rambling :forcedsmile:
what roosty said

• +1
what roosty said
Romans 4:5 say's even if I do no work, but Trust God, I am saved.

Your Church and yourself don't evangelize or do good works like you preach, so God will judge you harsher for adding works which He Hates, to His Finished Work on the cross.

By definition no Free Gift is worked for to keep or receive, the very definition debunks your false doctrine.

"So?"

So you claim TRUE FAITH IS WORKS! WE MUST WORK!! You guys are so dogmatic
no ur just dumb
, yet I actually fed the homeless and said it's from JESUS, I protect animals, I did all that out of my changed heart.
who says i didnt?
Yet you hypocrites
shut up dumb fuck
don't go out or feed the homeless,
who says i didnt?
you don't EVANGELIZE like the Bible say's to.
who says i didnt?
You guys do nothing,
who says i didnt?
yet you want to come here and tell us it's by works
cope harder
. This is the definition of religious hypocrisy!
mirror needed here

• +1
no ur just dumb

who says i didnt?

shut up dumb fuck

who says i didnt?

who says i didnt?

who says i didnt?

cope harder

mirror needed here
You literally are lying through your teeth. "I do who said I didn't."

Secondly, you said, "So?" When I brought up how there is not a single video of any of your priests or bishops actually evangelizing and doing good works.

You admitted it.

Your misunderstanding of Orthodox theology on salvation and works is glaring. It’s not about continually striving to earn favor through good deeds, as you simplistically suggest. Orthodox doctrine, like that of many Christian traditions, emphasizes that salvation is a gift received through faith in Christ.

Yes, Ephesians 2:8-9 is clear that we are saved by grace through faith alone. However, your dismissal of James 2:14-26 as if it’s inconsequential reveals a narrow grasp of biblical theology. James explicitly states that genuine faith is evidenced by works. It’s not a matter of earning salvation but of living out the transformative power of faith.

As for your reliance on YouTube critiques of Orthodox beliefs, it’s intellectually lazy. Those videos often distort complex theological discussions to fit their biased narratives, hardly representing the nuanced views of Orthodox theologians and believers.

Ultimately, your insistence on reducing salvation to a simplistic formula of faith alone without acknowledging its transformative implications is not only intellectually shallow but also disrespectful to the rich theological heritage of Christianity.

And just to clarify, I’m not Orthodox, but your misunderstandings of their beliefs is simply wrong.

• +1
Lol so you will just ignore what Orthodox teach and how it contridicts what the Bible says and some of your double talking.

Exactly I suspected that.

New International Version

5 However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.

You literally are lying through your teeth. "I do who said I didn't."
no but how would you know?
Secondly, you said, "So?" When I brought up how there is not a single video of any of your priests or bishops actually evangelizing and doing good works.
does that prove there is none? bro counting good deeds only if they're on tape now THATS hipocrisy @i_love_roosters saying you only do good deeds since its filmed. Fking manchild that you are.
Wont ruin my post-rep to try and argue with a heresyfollowing idiot

• +1
Reactions: not__cel and i_love_roosters
no but how would you know?

does that prove there is none? bro counting good deeds only if they're on tape now THATS hipocrisy @i_love_roosters saying you only do good deeds since its filmed. Fking manchild that you are.
Wont ruin my post-rep to try and argue with a heresyfollowing idiot
Dw I'll rep

• Love it