Advice for my hair.

Gerardwayfan

Gerardwayfan

Platinum
My parting line has become noticeable in the past 6 months, before this summer at least I never noticed it in pics (i take plenty).

It looks kinda bad and I have to style them in a way that hides it, but my hairs are.so thin that a gust of wind fuxk em up instantly.
Even my hair quality has changed, they are a lot wimpier and dry.
I have sebhorroic dhermatitis and I used this Bionit shampop for the past two years, amd I feel like it dried em up like crazy and I probably shouldnt have used it for so long. Never used conditioner either
Now ive been using a standard shampoo like Sunsilk argan oil and shit

Of course i might be thinning at the vertex too, in that case it would be over, but I dont lose many hairs nor in the shower nor on the pillow.

Any advice from fellow 25+ balding dudes?
Im not on any hairloss medication

Attachments

• IMG_20240426_015056.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240426_015031.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
How's the hair line? Are the temples intact? If you know you're suffering from MPB it'll eventually catch up if you do not get on 5ari.

How's the hair line? Are the temples intact? If you know you're suffering from MPB it'll eventually catch up if you do not get on 5ari.
They are not intact at all. Im NW2 with my right temple being more fucked than left.

The process has been slow, it started at around 22yo, i woulda been fine with temple recession but if I thin on top I need.to do something

Attachments

• IMG_20240426_020909.jpg
    IMG_20240426_020909.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240426_020939.jpg
    IMG_20240426_020939.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • So Sad
Reactions: Richard Cheese
My parting line has become noticeable in the past 6 months, before this summer at least I never noticed it in pics (i take plenty).

It looks kinda bad and I have to style them in a way that hides it, but my hairs are.so thin that a gust of wind fuxk em up instantly.
Even my hair quality has changed, they are a lot wimpier and dry.
I have sebhorroic dhermatitis and I used this Bionit shampop for the past two years, amd I feel like it dried em up like crazy and I probably shouldnt have used it for so long. Never used conditioner either
Now ive been using a standard shampoo like Sunsilk argan oil and shit

Of course i might be thinning at the vertex too, in that case it would be over, but I dont lose many hairs nor in the shower nor on the pillow.

Any advice from fellow 25+ balding dudes?
Im not on any hairloss medication
Idk I have straight hair

They are not intact at all. Im NW2 with my right temple being more fucked than left.

The process has been slow, it started at around 22yo, i woulda been fine with temple recession but if I thin on top I need.to do something
I see. Well the process will keep going if you don't stop it. I'm sure you know this already. Have you tried fin yet? There's no other way around it unless you want to do a grey market research chemical like RU58841. The closest alternative(GT20029) is ~4 years away and it's dubious if it'll work. It'll cost a shit ton as well on release.
If you're scared of finasteride look into topical finasteride. It still goes systemic but only 30%-40%.

I will book another derm appointment and get some info, i am indeed scared of PFS cause im a very unlucky person and i know ill get it.
However if I lose my hair its over for me.
I was thinking of starting minox but a lot of ppl say its useless
I see. Well the process will keep going if you don't stop it. Have you tried fin yet? There's no other way around it unless you want to do a grey market research chemical like RU58841. The closest alternative(GT20029) is ~4 years away and it's dubious if it'll work. It'll cost a shit ton as well on release as well.
If you're scared of finasteride perhaps try topical finasteride. It still goes systemic but only 30%-40%.

• So Sad
People still think I have a perfect hairline but its a fraud ofc

• So Sad
I will book another derm appointment and get some info, i am indeed scared of PFS cause im a very unlucky person and i know ill get it.
However if I lose my hair its over for me.
I was thinking of starting minox but a lot of ppl say its useless
Minox can win a few months and even years but it does not address the root cause. Minox won't be able to keep up, eventually DHT will kill the follicle. It's now or never when it comes to finasteride.
As for PFS, it's debated if it's real. There are no real statistics or studies showing it. It was added out of good will by the FDA: https://www.reuters.com/business/he...e-suicide-risk-anti-baldness-drug-2022-06-10/
In a response this week, the FDA said the group's petition "does not provide reasonable evidence" of a causal link between Propecia and persistent sexual problems, depression or suicide.
You're acting a bit hysteric. Try to stay calm. If you believe that you'll get side effects it chances are you will, but not really. There's a study conducted in 2007 that shows people who were told about finasteride's side effects had a 3x higher incidence: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1743609515316878
Take a virgin who's never had sex before often times they can't get it up. Brain is extremely powerful when it comes to virility. The same principal applies here.
Needless to say a lot of celebrities take it, probably with the recommendation of top hollywood dermatologists and they seemingly have no trouble.

O376wtrn6qr81

Whatever you decide to do I wish you luck.

Last edited:
People still think I have a perfect hairline but its a fraud ofc
Minox can win a few months and even years but it does not address the root cause. Minox won't be able to keep up, eventually DHT will kill the follicle. It's now or never when it comes to finasteride.
As for PFS, it's debated if it's real. There are no real statistics or studies showing it. It was added out of good will by the FDA: https://www.reuters.com/business/he...e-suicide-risk-anti-baldness-drug-2022-06-10/

You're acting a bit hysteric. Try to stay calm. If you believe that you'll get side effects it chances are you will, but not really. There's a study conducted in 2007 that shows people who were told about finasteride's side effects had a 3x higher incidence: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1743609515316878
Take a virgin who's never had sex before often times they can't get it up. Brain is extremely powerful when it comes to virility. The same principal applies here.
Needless to say a lot of celebrities take it, probably with the recommendation of top hollywood dermatologists and they seemingly have no trouble.

View attachment 2880783

Whatever you decide to do I wish you luck.

I see, I dont have the bones to be bald and so for me its not an option at all. I smoke weed daily so im used to feeling dazed like PFS syndrome sounds like, ive watched a lot of vids about it.

My plain is book to derm, mb start minox first and then fin

• +1
😂y'all are too much. You have a thick set of hair dude, enough with the body dismorphia

• Hmm...
Reactions: Gerardwayfan

Hop on fin