ADVICE NEEDED ON BONE MODELING/REMODELING

looksmidder

looksmidder

Zephir
i’m currently chewing hard gum every day for masseter/jaw bone growth, but i’m starting to wonder if bone modeling functions similarly to muscles where it happens more effectively when given days off?

i think this since its a similar system, creating micro tears in muscles and micro fractures in bones, both of which then heal and grow larger.

if this is true would it be worth switching from 15 mins/day to 30 mins/every other day to maximise results?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, Deleted member 15854, mug and 1 other person
What you’re talking about is bone modeling, not bone remodeling. Everyone uses the term bone remodeling incorrectly.

• +1
Reactions: IndraBC, 5'7 zoomer, Sanguinius and 2 others
What you’re talking about is bone modeling, not bone remodeling. Everyone uses the term bone remodeling incorrectly.
oh fr? i’ll change it rq

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
oh fr? i’ll change it rq
“In general, modeling alludes to bone turnover that alters the shape of the bone, whereas remodeling is the turnover that recycles bone without changing its shape”

I would help you if I had an answer. The only thing I will say is chew longer for more results.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 28939, looksmidder and ArcticStorm
“In general, modeling alludes to bone turnover that alters the shape of the bone, whereas remodeling is the turnover that recycles bone without changing its shape”

I would help you if I had an answer. The only thing I will say is chew longer for more results.
yeah i was planning to chew longer but i’ve seen people mention the possibility of tmj which would obviously prevent me from chewing at all, and people generally say 15 mins is ideal for that. idk tho

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Deleted member 1901
make sure to chew one big wad on either side alternating for better gains and not both sides at same time

• +1
Reactions: looksmidder
make sure to chew one big wad on either side alternating for better gains and not both sides at same time
would it be worth chewing larger pieces of gum? i only do one piece of falium gum at a time but i could switch to two if it would give better results

• +1
Reactions: mug
would it be worth chewing larger pieces of gum? i only do one piece of falium gum at a time but i could switch to two if it would give better results
yes because more resitance = better growth, i use a chew toy that emulates gum and my jaw gets more of a pump when I alternate vs chewing equally because I get a better contraction

• +1
yeah i was planning to chew longer but i’ve seen people mention the possibility of tmj which would obviously prevent me from chewing at all, and people generally say 15 mins is ideal for that. idk tho
Don’t listen to redditors. Also it’s “TMD”, not “TMJ”. TMD: temporal-mandiblular disorders. TMJ: the temporal-mandiblular joint itself. TMD is not generally caused by chewing, but by recession. Chewing can aggravate TMD if it already exists.

Now, chewing an insane amount may cause TMD. But luckily the TMJ has amazing and unique regeneration ability.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15854, mug and looksmidder
Chewing every day for an hour worked for me. This may just be broscience but I suspect a muscle like the masseters which are adapted to be used daily would be attached to a bone that can handle similar stress (daily).

• +1
Don’t listen to redditors. Also it’s “TMD”, not “TMJ”. TMD: temporal-mandiblular disorders. TMJ: the temporal-mandiblular joint itself. TMD is not generally caused by chewing, but by recession. Chewing can aggravate TMD if it already exists.

Now, chewing an insane amount may cause TMD. But luckily the TMJ has amazing and unique regeneration ability.
would 1 hour a day be safe then

• +1
Chewing every day for an hour worked for me. This may just be broscience but I suspect a muscle like the masseters which are adapted to be used daily would be attached to a bone that can handle similar stress (daily).
how long did it take for you to see results

Now that I’m thinking about it, any amount of damage that could be feasibly inflicted upon your mandible from chewing would be low. Therefore, for max results, I would chew daily as long as your TMJ and masseters can handle it. Sleeping through the night should be plenty for the bone to model and/or repair.

• +1
how long did it take for you to see results
Could have been helped by puberty but after 1-2 years roughly I noticed my gonions where much bigger from both bone and muscle and it might have given me flared gonions.

• +1
Could have been helped by puberty but after 1-2 years roughly I noticed my gonions where much bigger from both bone and muscle and it might have given me flared gonions.
are larger gonions a good thing?

• +1
I think a medium range of motion and resistance are the best

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer
would 1 hour a day be safe then
I used to chew 12 hours a day with 4 prices of falim gum at once while sipping cold water to make the gum harder and to this day I don’t have tmd although I think I got it mildly for a while but after a few months break all the symptoms went away

💀

mirin the dedication though, if you can do that i can defo do 1 hour tbh

what results did you get from that btw
My ramus seems to have gotten longer as well as improved forward growth and mandible width

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15854 and looksmidder
i’m currently chewing hard gum every day for masseter/jaw bone growth, but i’m starting to wonder if bone modeling functions similarly to muscles where it happens more effectively when given days off?

i think this since its a similar system, creating micro tears in muscles and micro fractures in bones, both of which then heal and grow larger.

if this is true would it be worth switching from 15 mins/day to 30 mins/every other day to maximise results?
chewmaxx is one of most legit things in puberty if not recessed as could get tmj then

//the MOUSE

• +1
more advanced is masseter vs temporal pattern but idk if this matters that much tbh

more advanced is masseter vs temporal pattern but idk if this matters that much tbh
to my knowledge the main way to avoid temporalis activation is basically to jut your jaw while you chew, feels weird but kinda works

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15854
to my knowledge the main way to avoid temporalis activation is basically to jut your jaw while you chew, feels weird but kinda works
yup, ive found the same thing too, and then theres incisor chewing and mouthguard clenching as an addition to this

• +1
Will chewing help a 24 year old?

can it straighten the ramus? so that it’s more perpendicular to the ground

so can tmj be cured or go away?

• Ugh..
so can tmj be cured or go away?
I. Literally said. Its tmd not TMJ.

TMD includes many different problems and different causes, and so my answer is that it depends.

If your TMD is caused by recession then you could fix it my fixing your maxilla (or perma jutting but would look retarded)

I. Literally said. Its tmd not TMJ.

TMD includes many different problems and different causes, and so my answer is that it depends.

If your TMD is caused by recession then you could fix it my fixing your maxilla (or perma jutting but would look retarded)
what if it cause from chewing a lot ?

Tmj litreally gos away its like punching wall. After sometime ur bones adapt . Same happened withme

• +1