Advice Needed Upper/Lower Jaw (everything else as well)

S

StayThePath

Iron

New here and wanted advice on overall improvements, specifically in my lower and upper jaw!

In the side profile, I am not jutting my jaw out; I have a Class III malocclusion (underbite) as well as a slight open bite due to jaw asymmetry. That's why my bottom lip is slightly sticking out. I forgot the exact amount of underbite I have, but it's not major according to an orthodontist I saw.

Context:
I was actually born with an overbite, and I have no family history of underbites. So I started orthodontics around age 12/13. My orthodontist back then made me wear headgear every night for 2 years to slow the growth of my upper jaw to allow my mandible to catch up. When I got my braces off and finished headgear in freshman year of HS my teeth were aligned. But starting the following year my lower jaw kept growing to where my upper and lower front teeth were hitting each other full-on when I was biting and then eventually my mandible grew past my upper jaw. My growth has stabilized in both jaws as of now resulting in a minor underbite.

I saw a different orthodontist recently and he said that since my underbite is not that significant, he recommends tooth extraction on the mandible and then pulling back the bottom front teeth to essentially mask my jaw position and fix my underbite.

TLDR:
From a cosmetic point of view is my upper jaw recessed? And is tooth extraction on the lower jaw to fix my lower lip protrusion a good idea? I have heard bad things about tooth extraction. Also if you guys can just give overall advice, I would appreciate it! I have posted a body picture with like 1-2 months of working out for bodyfat% approx

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 24595 and horizon
I saw a different orthodontist recently and he said that since my underbite is not that significant, he recommends tooth extraction on the mandible and then pulling back the bottom front teeth to essentially mask my jaw position and fix my underbite.
DO NOT LET ORTHODONTISTS PULL OUT YOUR TEETH OR PUSH YOUR JAW BACK.

Orthos are so retarded man. They'll ruin your facial development to get your bite to align and you will look worse afterwards.

• +1
Reactions: chinpilled69 and Deleted member 22829
The damage shit oral posture has bro..

Real talk, BIMAX. Extractions will give you worse face, BIMAX is the only way out at this point man.

DO NOT LET ORTHODONTISTS PULL OUT YOUR TEETH OR PUSH YOUR JAW BACK.

Orthos are so retarded man. They'll ruin your facial development to get your bite to align and you will look worse afterwards.
Yep, modern orthodontics will destroy you.

• +1
Reactions: horizon
yes
no
at least UJS

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22829

Real talk, BIMAX. Extractions will give you worse face, BIMAX is the only way out at this point man.
I'm not sure it was oral posture, I think I have always mewed. I feel like if I am recessed it was most likely due to the headgear I wore for 2 years.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22829
I'm not sure it was oral posture, I think I have always mewed. I feel like if I am recessed it was most likely due to the headgear I wore for 2 years.
You wouldnt have needed that headgar and orthodontics if you didnt.

He's not recessed because of oral posture.

He's recessed because some retard ortho decided it would be a good idea to push his maxilla back.

• +1
Reactions: chinpilled69
He's not recessed because of oral posture.

He's recessed because some retard ortho decided it would be a good idea to push his maxilla back.
That is also true, I dont know why the ortho used headgear

So to be clear I had an overbite, where my maxilla was actually too far forward. Hindsight is 20/20 but I feel with the growth I had in my mandible in late high school, my jaws would have been well aligned if I didn't have headgear pushing back my maxilla. I mean how many people do you know born with an overbite and end up with an underbite

That is also true, I dont know why the ortho used headgear
I think the ortho assumed the mandible and maxilla would grow concurrently. But I think in my case my maxilla grew first and then my mandible caught up later. But around 12/13 he only saw the overgrown maxilla and thought it would be wise to put me in headgear.

I think the ortho assumed the mandible and maxilla would grow concurrently. But I think in my case my maxilla grew first and then my mandible caught up later. But around 12/13 he only saw the overgrown maxilla and thought it would be wise to put me in headgear.
Your ortho was a giant idiot

• +1
Reactions: StayThePath