Alar setback tip deprojection DOES shorten the philtrum

S

Slyfex8

Sphinx
Plenty of prople with longer looking philtrum have a retracted collumela

Columella anatomy Dr Roth

A retracted collumela makes the philtrum looking longer, some sort of nasal tip rhinoplasty can put the retracted collumela back to a normal state, it's called an alar setback tip deprojection.

See https://www.rhinoplastyarchive.com/...hanisms-of-nasal-tip-deprojection-an-overview

IMG 20211215 183359

IMG 20211215 183409

IMG 20211215 183419

This girl also seems to have gotten this ptocedure: https://doctordenton.com/tip-refinement-and-deprojection-during-rhinoplasty/

KK BA AP

KK BA RL

• +1
Reactions: MTNAscension2, SeriousAscension, garoupilled_ and 8 others
Note there seems to be a strong correlation between a retracted collumela and recessed anterior nasal spine, a recessed ANS would very likely be the result of a recessed maxilla I guess. The issue is that a lefort isnt going to makes you philtrum shorter because while making the collumela more hanging your nose also upturns

If you have a recessed collumela you can try pushing the skin around the base of your nose and you will see that it makes the collumela more hanging as it upturns your nose

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: MTNAscension2, garoupilled_, Deleted member 8771 and 1 other person
Fuark even a serious study says the philtrum shortening from fixing a retracted columella is a thing

The technique delivers premaxilla, columella, and columella-labial angle mass, which simultaneously corrects the retracted columella, opens the columella-labial angle, shortens the upper lip length, and enhances vermillion visibility.

• +1
Reactions: MTNAscension2, Deleted member 8771 and Agendum
so the surgery pushes the septum more inwards? fuck that has to do with the alar

Better showing of common alar-collumela relations:
IMG 20211217 023153

Note there seems to be a strong correlation between a retracted collumela and recessed anterior nasal spine, a recessed ANS would very likely be the result of a recessed maxilla I guess. The issue is that a lefort isnt going to makes you philtrum shorter because while making the collumela more hanging your nose also upturns

If you have a recessed collumela you can try pushing the skin around the base of your nose and you will see that it makes the collumela more hanging as it upturns your nose
This. I have a recessed maxilla and got this exact rhinoplasty technique before I discovered what recession was. It did make my philtrum shorter. By tightening the nose, the lip is furled upward slightly and the philtrum is shorter.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Mezo103, MTNAscension2, one job away and 1 other person
@lutte @sytyl @gamma @looksmaxxer234 lol niggas itt still tryna squeeze out that last bit of psl before nuke

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: StrangerDanger, Rt-Rust1, Looks234 and 3 others
you can try pushing the skin around the base of your nose and you will see that it makes the collumela more hanging as it upturns your nose
Pushing in what direction?

Good thread OP.

bump

• +1
Reactions: ccwarrior
@SeriousAscension You should add this too in your surgery list

• +1
Reactions: SeriousAscension