Alfaro's "dog face"

D

Derelict

Banned
I've seen some people mention something about a "dog face" look:

You are overexagerating with the 'weak jaw', yes you have a bit of a retrusion but its not that much

View attachment 1632994
If you go too much forward advancement you might end up like Alfaro's cases with that dog face.

1. Cost
  2. May dog-max you
  3. Plans are somewhat generic and not very unique

So what the fuck is this about?

What i've noticed is that some surgeons can philtrumcel you. The philtrum looks to me higher on the afters. How do you avoid this?

Anyway, what is the dog face phenomenon? It is real or just a meme?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic
I've only seen one case on his instagram that looked off

• +1
Reactions: Mouthbreath
Pics not there son
Im not saying Alfaro does this, I just remember seeing this somewhere, I can't post any examples right now.

Anyway im asking about this "dog face" phenomenon mentioned in here. It is real or just a meme?

• +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer
Dog face is usually due to either:
-BDDcels demanding bimax even though they don't need it.
-Giving lefort 1 to somebody with a server underbite.
-Huge lefort 1 advancement.

I have only seen a few poor results from alfaro. His worst one was the one where he dogmaxxed somebody (its posted here but I couldn't find the IG post. 99% of his results are great.

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet, SOS-Sonic and Derelict
It's just him over-advancing his patients, going well past his own established aesthetic line that he usually lines his patients up with. It produces a "dog face". I've seen several examples of this, both private results and results that Alfaro himself has posted.

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic and Deleted member 2729
Im not saying Alfaro does this, I just remember seeing this somewhere, I can't post any examples right now.

Anyway im asking about this "dog face" phenomenon mentioned in here. It is real or just a meme?
Its real. Being dog faced means you have too much forward growth. Anyone who is dogmaxxed will have their nasal base set back significantly in comparison to their lips.

I've seen some people mention something about a "dog face" look:

So what the fuck is this about?

What i've noticed is that some surgeons can philtrumcel you. The philtrum looks to me higher on the afters. How do you avoid this?

Anyway, what is the dog face phenomenon? It is real or just a meme?
It very real, and it typically happens with sleep apnea patients who get a very large lefort.

Alfaro is good 99% of the times, but a few of his examples had a bit too much advancement.

You avoid this be not getting a massive forward movement with lefort you unless you are very recessed. Or go to a more conservative surgeon like Ramieri.

I will take slightly under-advanced 8/10 result over a over-advanced result any day.

• +1
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover
It very real, and it typically happens with sleep apnea patients who get a very large lefort.

Alfaro is good 99% of the times, but a few of his examples had a bit too much advancement.

You avoid this be not getting a massive forward movement with lefort you unless you are very recessed. Or go to a more conservative surgeon like Ramieri.

I will take slightly under-advanced 8/10 result over a over-advanced result any day.
getting a cbct for planning is underrated. you can literally see a 3D image of what's gonna be done so you can for the most part avoid getting too much or too little advancement. if the planning is shit, just consult other surgeons until you're satisfied. I know I'm not gonna just blindly go into surgery not knowing what's gonna be done.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19499 and SOS-Sonic
Shit thread

Dog face mogs

Dogface gigachad 2361340 chimp lip 1

getting a cbct for planning is underrated. you can literally see a 3D image of what's gonna be done so you can for the most part avoid getting too much or too little advancement. if the planning is shit, just consult other surgeons until you're satisfied. I know I'm not gonna just blindly go into surgery not knowing what's gonna be done.
I agree 100%, but people still get over/under advanced with the best CBCT and 3D imaging technology.

Whereas some surgeons like Wolford literally does his planning on paper and still consistently produce insane results lol.

i’m still figuring this out but here’s what i’ve noticed causes it so far:

1. forward grown lower maxilla, recessed upper maxilla (very common)
2. forward growth of jaw is much greater than that of brow ridge
0612FBF5 EFB2 4DF4 8D77 698A464913B0

3. extreme forward downward growth (in need of ccw rotation)
4. short philtrum mighttt be a contributor

i would say forward grown dog is much better than not dog and recessed. the most common dog is by far 1.

Its real. Being dog faced means you have too much forward growth. Anyone who is dogmaxxed will have their nasal base set back significantly in comparison to their lips.
E0C98619 972A 4202 AA15 77912956259F

wat makes him a cat instead of dog

i’m still figuring this out but here’s what i’ve noticed causes it so far:

1. forward grown lower maxilla, recessed upper maxilla (very common)
2. forward growth of jaw is much greater than that of brow ridge
View attachment 1718799
3. extreme forward downward growth (in need of ccw rotation)
4. short philtrum mighttt be a contributor

i would say forward grown dog is much better than not dog and recessed. the most common dog is by far 1.
oh yea and
5. long midface + huge forward growth
generally people with a lot of forward growth have good maxillary up swing causing maybe even a shorter than 1:1 midface ratio

2473371 1627083121459

I presume this is the photo you're looking for?

• +1
Reactions: Corleone