Algorithmic Trading?

BlackpillSalesman

BlackpillSalesman

Iron
Does anyone know much about this? My background is in Mathematics, but I have a new interest in trading. Anyone have success with this?

• +1
Reactions: zikzog
To begin with, no I don’t.

On one hand it seems logical that this method would be profitable.

But on another, if something seems too good (or easy) to be true it usually is...

From what I read, most people dont have a lot of success both this. Or maybe its a well-kept secret... :)

• +1
Reactions: AO77777 and Bitch
you have to design ur own. The ones that work are made by programmers who have been studying and slaving for years and there strictly for themselves. The ones on the internet that are 300-400 bucks are cope and made in a hour sometimes they work sometimes they make u lose a ton of money. Your gambling when u buy someone elses unless there selling to u privately the only way you'll have success with algo trading is creating ur own bot which is a lengthy process and requires tons of testing, possible liquidity loss, tons of knowledge, and ultimately time which could be used for better and bigger things.

• +1
Reactions: AO77777, zikzog and Amnesia
Ive looked into trading in the past week including automated trading. For algo trading you first need a stock data API which is not cheap, although you can test using historical data. You then need to design algoritms which identify entry and exit points (requires giga HighIQ) using just technical indicators and support resistance lines alone will not work very well that is for manual visual trading. Computers work with strict numbers not subjective markers you need more advanced methods like machine learning and shit.

• +1
Reactions: zikzog
80% of trading is done by bots so it does work. if you can take in account social media hype that will further improve your chances of making a profit via your algorithm.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963 and zikzog
Yeah, it can be done in many ways though, a language called R is very useful to learn for it. These programs though will help but won't net much cause you need to trade in high volumes which is impossible on your mum's dell laptop. Me I'm gonna try something different. I'm gonna try see social media and news trends to find when certain things are gonna increase in price or decrease. It's more a long term strategy though.

I'm also not an expert, I only know basic trading principles.