Aloe Vera - Effective way to increase collagen and have better skin (anti-aging)

looksseg

looksseg

Silver
Summary:
Study show that Aloe Vera stimulate collagen and hyaluronic acid production and highly increases skin elasticity and hydration, reducing wrinkles, fine lines, and perceived age

Studies:
In vitro and controlled trial by double blind studies concluded that in only 8 weeks and 12 weeks aloe vera intake can highly increase collagen in human. Gross elasticity, Net elasticity and Biological elasticity greatly increased

This studies confirmed that Aloe sterols (cycloartenol and lophenol) promote the production of collagen and increase the gene expression level of type I and type III collagen synthesis in human dermal fibroblasts, both are the collagens that are mostly present in dermis.

Graphical results:
A) In vitro Control vs Cycloartenol vs Lophenol

B) % Changes in facial wrinkles Placebo vs testing group 8 weeks study

C) Transepidermal Water Loss (TEWL) and Skyn hydratation change during 12 weeks placebo vs testing group study

D) Skin Gross elasticity (R2) and Skin fatigue area (F3) during treatment in 12 weeks study placebo vs control group

Intake dosage

What you are aiming for are the aloe vera sterols, which are present in the Aloe Vera Gel. You can obtain 80μg per 1g of AVGP (Aloe Vera Gel Powder), or 20μg per 1mg of AVGE (Aloe Vera Gel Extract), which means the AVGE contains 200x more sterols.
Usually the supplements will come as Aloe Vera Extract, but better to confirm

And which dosage? The tests were conducted with low dosage, only 19μg and 40μg of aloe vera sterols in total. However, supplements usually come with much more than this per capsule. You might want to consume much more to be on the safer side and guarantee the benefits, but doesn't need to consume a lot of capsules, keep in mind that 2mg of AVGE per day in theory should be enough

Other advantages
Besides skin quality, Aloe Vera has other advantages:
- Antioxidant (which is also very important for skin quality)
- Help in pre-diabet treatment
- Help with digestive issues
- Help in dental and oral health due to antibacterial properties
- Reduces swelling
- Help in skin and bone healings

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: hattrick, Hero of the Imperium and Vain786
Another cope thread where subhumans think there is anything to better your skin besides tret and accutane

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: mfk and Skywalker
its probably shit tbh; funny how ANYTHING seems to increase collagen nowadays :feelskek:
you will probably destroy your skin instead if u start going the rabbit hole of buying random things that "incRaesE muh CollAgEn" :soy: as ive once done
probably best to stick to tretinoin

• +1
Reactions: KING REIDYZ and horizontallytall
its probably shit tbh; funny how ANYTHING seems to increase collagen nowadays :feelskek:
you will probably destroy your skin instead if u start going the rabbit hole of buying random things that "incRaesE muh CollAgEn" :soy: as ive once done
First is better to do the basic things:
Sunscreen SPF50+ and reapply all time, and tretinoin (funny that many people jump into tretinoin and barely apply sunscreen, that is still the most important thing long term)

After doing that, for those who still want to improve then come others that increase, but are not so effective as the two above, such as vitamin C serum, HA serum and aloe vera as I showed in this topic

Then, if you still want to go further and maximize skin treatment go to another things that are questionable, but still might increase, and dont hurt, such as collagen supplement, antioxidants nutrients, ginseng, etc

I myself avoid products that are controversial, such as moisturisers, that there are claimings that hurt more than do good. But aloe vera as I showed there are studies that back up as effective treatmnet, and as nutrient is highly unlikely that could hurt

Summary:
Study show that Aloe Vera stimulate collagen and hyaluronic acid production and highly increases skin elasticity and hydration, reducing wrinkles, fine lines, and perceived age

Studies:
In vitro and controlled trial by double blind studies concluded that in only 8 weeks and 12 weeks aloe vera intake can highly increase collagen in human. Gross elasticity, Net elasticity and Biological elasticity greatly increased

This studies confirmed that Aloe sterols (cycloartenol and lophenol) promote the production of collagen and increase the gene expression level of type I and type III collagen synthesis in human dermal fibroblasts, both are the collagens that are mostly present in dermis.

Graphical results:
A) In vitro Control vs Cycloartenol vs Lophenol

View attachment 2094987

B) % Changes in facial wrinkles Placebo vs testing group 8 weeks study
View attachment 2094988

C) Transepidermal Water Loss (TEWL) and Skyn hydratation change during 12 weeks placebo vs testing group study
View attachment 2094990

D) Skin Gross elasticity (R2) and Skin fatigue area (F3) during treatment in 12 weeks study placebo vs control group
View attachment 2094992

Intake dosage

What you are aiming for are the aloe vera sterols, which are present in the Aloe Vera Gel. You can obtain 80μg per 1g of AVGP (Aloe Vera Gel Powder), or 20μg per 1mg of AVGE (Aloe Vera Gel Extract), which means the AVGE contains 200x more sterols.
Usually the supplements will come as Aloe Vera Extract, but better to confirm

And which dosage? The tests were conducted with low dosage, only 19μg and 40μg of aloe vera sterols in total. However, supplements usually come with much more than this per capsule. You might want to consume much more to be on the safer side and guarantee the benefits, but doesn't need to consume a lot of capsules, keep in mind that 2mg of AVGE per day in theory should be enough

Other advantages
Besides skin quality, Aloe Vera has other advantages:
- Antioxidant (which is also very important for skin quality)
- Help in pre-diabet treatment
- Help with digestive issues
- Help in dental and oral health due to antibacterial properties
- Reduces swelling
- Help in skin and bone healings
Do the aloe vera drinks from the dollar store work?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 24712
Aloe Vera topical fine too?

Aloe Vera topical fine too?
I wouldn’t use, because these studies were all done considering oral use.

You don’t know if your body can effectively absorb aloe sterols, and in a good amount

Better to not risk and just take orally

First is better to do the basic things:
Sunscreen SPF50+ and reapply all time, and tretinoin (funny that many people jump into tretinoin and barely apply sunscreen, that is still the most important thing long term)

After doing that, for those who still want to improve then come others that increase, but are not so effective as the two above, such as vitamin C serum, HA serum and aloe vera as I showed in this topic

Then, if you still want to go further and maximize skin treatment go to another things that are questionable, but still might increase, and dont hurt, such as collagen supplement, antioxidants nutrients, ginseng, etc

I myself avoid products that are controversial, such as moisturisers, that there are claimings that hurt more than do good. But aloe vera as I showed there are studies that back up as effective treatmnet, and as nutrient is highly unlikely that could hurt
i moisturize every night, my face would be shit without it

I literally destroyed my skin due to that specific reason i look late 20 at 18

• Woah
Reactions: Skywalker
Temporarily, like now is normal again or is it still destroyed?
I still feel its not great like other kids my age . But okayish.

• +1
Reactions: looksseg