ALOT OF PEOPLE HERE AREN'T ASPY YOU JUST LACK THE SOCIAL SKILLS IRL

I am a legit autist. I am rated good here by people, but it’s impossible for me to make friends and talk to people, I am weird, have strict and repetitive interests and behaviour, etc. Meaning it’s more to my aspieness than social skills. Autism isn’t just social anxiety either, because as a kid I could be social and wild, but I was a weirdo, with limited social understanding. I can still get dates, but they always fail. Tried for years to better myself in high school, but found it impossible. People here might be nt, but just have shit social skills or social anxiety, or are just ugly. When I look at my peers in my area, I realize I am no different than them other than my brain structure, because in looks I am no different. I dress nt and try to appear as normal as possible. I aspire to get as good looking as possible to let my looks do the work, but I will always be autistic, so I realize in some aspects things will be harder for me.

It’s hard to understand autism and what it is. I didn’t understand myself or why I was so different than others for years. Went to professional psychologists for some years, got diagnosed and still didn’t understand, but now I do. People think aspieness is just social skills but it’s so much more. Even the brain is different. I only understood autism and myself much later after diagnosis when I properly read up on it and related to it all
How can you tell if you are autistic or just lack social skills? Main factors in behaviour/mindset?

I genuinely do not understand what you were trying to say. I take it that English is not your first language. I think you were trying to say, "How much you love yourself will reflect on the kinds of people you attract.".

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Lars
I genuinely do not understand what you were trying to say. I take it that English is not your first language. I think you were trying to say, "How much you love yourself will reflect on the kinds of people you attract.".
Yes that hahhaha

Not entirely convinced aspie even exists beyond sensory processing disorders. Socializing is a skill

Yeah, there's a difference between autism/aspie and just being incredibly shy, most users are the latter.