Am I the only one who grew up with absolutely zero social media?

SecularIslamist

SecularIslamist

Islamist jihadi and intersectional feminist
I've used Twitter, Facebook and insta for trolling and stalking purposes. But that's it. Always hid as anon, never revealed myself or added real life contacts.

I briefly had FB for like 2 months during uni. But because I was gonna start with less than 50 friends I deactivated.

Even people around my age in late 20s. I can remember in uni, the lecturer asked us to put our hands up if we don't have Facebook or Twitter as he was going to share some video on there. I was sat in the front of the lecture hall and I was the only one to put my hand up out of 150-ish people. He congratulated me and said 'thats really good, yeah I wanna get off Facebook/Twitter too - bet you're missing out on the parties though'. Brutal.

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep, MoggerGaston, SidharthTheSlayer and 5 others
'thats really good, yeah I wanna get off Facebook/Twitter too - bet you're missing out on the parties though'. Brutal.
As if parties are in any way benefitial or interesting

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep, SecularIslamist and Abhorrence
Until age 14, nothing. But I was on computer since I was 5 years old anyway, so

• Hmm...
Reactions: SecularIslamist
As if parties are in any way benefitial or interesting
They aren't. But that's literally what 90% of students look forward to, and also the main way you make friends.

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep and Debetro
It all began at 13 years old for me

• So Sad
I’ve only used MySpace, Facebook and snap. Not anymore though, now it’s only looksmax.org. And YouTube if that counts.

• JFL
I've used Twitter, Facebook and insta for trolling and stalking purposes. But that's it. Always hid as anon, never revealed myself or added real life contacts.

I briefly had FB for like 2 months during uni. But because I was gonna start with less than 50 friends I deactivated.

Even people around my age in late 20s. I can remember in uni, the lecturer asked us to put our hands up if we don't have Facebook or Twitter as he was going to share some video on there. I was sat in the front of the lecture hall and I was the only one to put my hand up out of 150-ish people. He congratulated me and said 'thats really good, yeah I wanna get off Facebook/Twitter too - bet you're missing out on the parties though'. Brutal.
Same here, boyo. No social media accounts except for messenger (had to create it for HS group).

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Chadeep, MoggerGaston, SecularIslamist and 1 other person
I am 28yo, also never had a social-media presence.

• Love it
Opened Facebook account when I was 9 Jfl

• Ugh..
Me too, never wanted facebook or any of those. I'm on forums and use youtube

• +1
Myspace and MSN messanger generation checking in.

• +1