Amazing humble behaviour by the best of creation

MaghrebGator

MaghrebGator

Kraken
Love of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and mentioning his good attributes, both in his physical appearance and in his character, is part of faith. But exaggerating in praising him is something that he (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) forbade. Al-Bukhaari (3445) narrated from ‘Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) that he said: I heard the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) say: “Do not exaggerate in praising me as the Christians exaggerated in praising the son of Maryam, for I am but a slave, so say: the slave of Allah and His Messenger.”

Imam Ahmad narrated from Anas ibn Maalik that a man said: O Muhammad, O our master (sayyid) and the son of our master, the best of us and the son of the best of us. The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “O people, you should fear Allah and do not let the Shaytaan make you get carried away. I am Muhammad ibn ‘Abdullah, the slave of Allah and His Messenger. By Allah, I do not like for you to raise me above my station to which Allah appointed me.”

Abu Mijlaz (Allah be pleased with him) reports that, “(once) Mu’awiya ibn Abi Sufyan entered upon Ibn Zubair and Ibn Amir (Allah be pleased with them both). Ibn Amir stood up whilst Ibn Zubair remained seated. Mu’awiya (Allah be pleased with him) said to Ibn Amir: “Remain seated, for I heard the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) say: “Whosoever likes people to stand up for him should take his abode in the Fire (of Hell).”

Sayyiduna Abu Umamah (Allah be pleased with him) reports: “The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) (once) came out on us and he was leaning upon a stick (asa). We stood up for him and he said: “Do not stand up as the non-Arabs do, they adulate one another.”

• Love it
Reactions: Maalik
<3

• +1
Reactions: MaghrebGator