Anabolic steroids and premature aging or metabolic dysfunction

Cretinous

Cretinous

Master
Something that has interested me over the past few years is the phenomena whereby steroid users seem to age incredibly badly, despite having a lifestyle that should put them above the average populace. And its not just regular aging, its a peculiar constellation of effects that seem to have a lot in common with diabetes and cardiovascular disease. That this is never discussed in the steroid community is a feature, not a bug - the standard approach to health concerns in the steroid community is to pretend they dont exist or its all a scam by the jews to get you to not be a superman or whatever the fuck.

Previously I posted a study showing that 25% of steroid users had detectable arterial blockage - an extremely alarming amount. The typically high meat (and thus high fat) diet most gym rats follow doesn't help things either.

Now we have another piece of the metabolic dysfunction puzzle: https://www.empr.com/home/news/insulin-sensitivity-and-anabolic-steroids-whats-the-link/

Anabolic steroids cause insulin resistance over time, something I have long suspected. Its well known (or it should be) that HGH can cause diabetes, but its less well known that AS worsen insulin resistance too. This goes a long way to explaining the shape we see long time steroid users taking - where the midsection gets larger (despite very low bodyfat %) while the muscles of the limb seem to shrink. I suspect this is vascular damage along with massive insulin resistance, similarly seen in some diabetic pathologies. The "fat" or "pregnant" appearance despite very low subcutaneous bodyfat % is probably increases in visceral fat stores.

These problems are going to be most apparent in this generation - with even recreational users staying on anabolic steroids 24/7, 365 days a year. If you must use anabolic steroids, keep it Short Sweet and Safe.

not a pixel