Anti-Aging scientists are still aging. Their lifestyle tips and supplements are cope for looking young.

Looking old is an SMV killer. Old people are ugly. Water. Therefore, it should be every serious looksmaxer's mission to retain his youth for as long as possible. Personally, I tried implementing serious anti-aging routines after I read books and watched videos by notable scientists in this field. Guys like Dr. David Sinclair, Dr. Fung, etc. I wasted time learning what fancy words like "sirtuins" and "senescence" mean so that I could hopefully understand the basics of the science behind aging. But at some point I realized, who gives a shit about extending your lifespan to 120 years? The important aspect of slowing aging is extending one's prime years. Once your prime is over, life is all about coping.

The leading experts promoting anti-aging strategies are mostly old-looking, which is suspicious. I coped by thinking that since these people discovered anti-aging methods when they were already old, it is too late for them to look young again. But surely they managed to stop the aging process since making those discoveries, right? In other words, do they look the same age in 2023 as they did in 2015-2018? Unfortunately, no. They've pretty much all aged like normal people would.

Let's start with Dr. Berg. He's the first guy I listened to about the anti-aging benefits of intermittent fasting. This comparison should tell you everything you need to know about how ineffective intermittent fasting and general healthmaxing are for anti-aging (lookswise). Here he is in October 2015, literally giving a seminar about anti-aging.

Then in the thumbnail below, it's February 2022 (although the thumbnail may be more recent since he seems to have updated some old videos with new thumbnails).

This nigga aged 15 years in 6 or 7 years. Unbelievable. So much for the wonderful benefits of "muh just eat healthy. just stay lean. just keep your hair bro." He went from looking 40 to looking like a grandpa.

Now let's look at another proponent of intermittent fasting: Dr. Fung.

Here he is in 2016:

View attachment 2207015

And here he is in 2023:
View attachment 2207020
It's hard to tell how old he looks in 2016, but he clearly looks older now compared to back then, despite the alleged superior asian aging genes. He's 50 yrs old now, and only looks a little younger than that. I recommend watching his youtube videos from the early to mid 2010s and then his most recent videos if you're not convinced by these images. It's clear to me that he's aged considerably.

Dr. Mark Hyman.
This guy also talks a lot about anti-aging. Here he is in December 2016:
View attachment 2207043

And here he is in 2023:
View attachment 2207034
Both of these screenshots are from when he was in front of a webcam, so they are consistent. I didn't want to use images of him on TV programs in case he was wearing makeup. It's evident that he has aged noticeably, despite religiously making videos discussing anti-aging. Just check out his youtube channel. It's all about longevity, looking younger, etc.

Let's discuss Dr. Sinclair.
He is now clearly the most famous anti-aging researcher and scientist known to the general public. He seems to have more or less stopped aging between 2017 (left) and 2023 (right):

View attachment 2207079 View attachment 2207131

However, since he is the spokesperson for companies selling anti-aging supplements to the masses, it's probably very important for him to maintain his looks so that he can be taken seriously and, therefore, make more money from sales.
This is what @Schizoidcel and @Ascendant said about Dr. Sinclair in the following thread:

"Not only does this retard get botox injections and dyes his hair, he straight had a facelift. If you look up some older videos with him, from like 2012 or so, his skin was lose af and all wrinkled etc. Then like 3-4 years ago he got a facelift. It is quite evident as well with his elf-like eyes and eyebrows, this is the skin area that gets pulled in facelifts the most.

He is a snake oil salesman, like 90% of everything else out there, including sunscreen and certain viruses."

Here he is in 2010:
View attachment 2207141
So clearly his eyebrow tilt changed so that now in 2023, his face looks, well, "lifted." In 2010, his face looked much more natural. He also had signs of grey hairs in 2010, but has 0 grey hair now. Either way, he looks good for his age, but he still doesn't look young. He copes with "muh biological age is 31, much younger than muh chronological age" but he doesn't understand that women don't care about how old his cells are. Do you look 31 tho? No? It's over.

Furthermore, he lost credibility imo after the following happened:
Basically there is controversy around Resveratrol, which is a supplement Dr. Sinclair is trying to sell to the masses. It doesn't seem to work for anti-aging.

Lastly, he has a podcast from early 2022, and one episode focuses on cosmetic aging.
Basically, there are posters on this forum with more knowledge than Sinclair on topics like collagen synthesis, prp, minoxidil, finasteride, and other water stuff. Aside from his supplements, there is no new information in this video.

In Summary:
Looksmaxing is all about looking young and handsome. Buying a lot of expensive supplements like NR, NMN, Resveratrol, Fisetin, etc. is likely a total waste of money if your goal is to LOOK young. The same might be true for intermittent fasting. I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT CELLULAR AGING. I'm not a scientist. I didn't research the biological implications of these drugs. If these supplements help you feel younger and help with athleticism, then that's great. My point is, if these things don't help with our looks, then they are useless for our SMV. The world's leading anti-aging researchers have access to the newest, state-of-the-art medical therapies and supplements, yet they continue to age like normal people. So you should spend money on surgeries and cosmetic procedures like fillers and botox instead.

Tagging serious anti-agingmaxers: @eduardkoopman @Seth Walsh @Deusmaximus @enchanted_elixir @Corleone @Amnesia

Add me to the list next I am interesting in learning about this stuff (and @Hipcel )

• +1
Reactions: spirili and looksseg
scientists think we will be able to cure aging in ~20 years

that’s how i cope
I don't think it's unachievable to cure aging by 20 years . It's entirely possible some billionaire is keeping the secret to himself.

scientists think we will be able to cure aging in ~20 years

that’s how i cope

Possibly. I think we are real close now to being able to make humans age more like crocodiles etc. Where if treatments started by 40s you could have 80 year olds looking like in shape 50 year olds. A short period of senescence at the end but they have some work to do to get most people past about a 100 looking at research with rodents to this point.

• +1
Reactions: looksseg
Looking old is an SMV killer. Old people are ugly. Water. Therefore, it should be every serious looksmaxer's mission to retain his youth for as long as possible. Personally, I tried implementing serious anti-aging routines after I read books and watched videos by notable scientists in this field. Guys like Dr. David Sinclair, Dr. Fung, etc. I wasted time learning what fancy words like "sirtuins" and "senescence" mean so that I could hopefully understand the basics of the science behind aging. But at some point I realized, who gives a shit about extending your lifespan to 120 years? The important aspect of slowing aging is extending one's prime years. Once your prime is over, life is all about coping.

The leading experts promoting anti-aging strategies are mostly old-looking, which is suspicious. I coped by thinking that since these people discovered anti-aging methods when they were already old, it is too late for them to look young again. But surely they managed to stop the aging process since making those discoveries, right? In other words, do they look the same age in 2023 as they did in 2015-2018? Unfortunately, no. They've pretty much all aged like normal people would.

Let's start with Dr. Berg. He's the first guy I listened to about the anti-aging benefits of intermittent fasting. This comparison should tell you everything you need to know about how ineffective intermittent fasting and general healthmaxing are for anti-aging (lookswise). Here he is in October 2015, literally giving a seminar about anti-aging.

Then in the thumbnail below, it's February 2022 (although the thumbnail may be more recent since he seems to have updated some old videos with new thumbnails).

This nigga aged 15 years in 6 or 7 years. Unbelievable. So much for the wonderful benefits of "muh just eat healthy. just stay lean. just keep your hair bro." He went from looking 40 to looking like a grandpa.

Here he is in 2016:

View attachment 2207015

And here he is in 2023:
View attachment 2207020
It's hard to tell how old he looks in 2016, but he clearly looks older now compared to back then, despite the alleged superior asian aging genes. He's 50 yrs old now, and only looks a little younger than that. I recommend watching his youtube videos from the early to mid 2010s and then his most recent videos if you're not convinced by these images. It's clear to me that he's aged considerably.

Dr. Mark Hyman.
View attachment 2207043

And here he is in 2023:
View attachment 2207034
Both of these screenshots are from when he was in front of a webcam, so they are consistent. I didn't want to use images of him on TV programs in case he was wearing makeup. It's evident that he has aged noticeably, despite religiously making videos discussing anti-aging. Just check out his youtube channel. It's all about longevity, looking younger, etc.

He is now clearly the most famous anti-aging researcher and scientist known to the general public. He seems to have more or less stopped aging between 2017 (left) and 2023 (right):

However, since he is the spokesperson for companies selling anti-aging supplements to the masses, it's probably very important for him to maintain his looks so that he can be taken seriously and, therefore, make more money from sales.
This is what @Schizoidcel and @Ascendant said about Dr. Sinclair in the following thread:

"Not only does this retard get botox injections and dyes his hair, he straight had a facelift. If you look up some older videos with him, from like 2012 or so, his skin was lose af and all wrinkled etc. Then like 3-4 years ago he got a facelift. It is quite evident as well with his elf-like eyes and eyebrows, this is the skin area that gets pulled in facelifts the most.

He is a snake oil salesman, like 90% of everything else out there, including sunscreen and certain viruses."

Here he is in 2010:
View attachment 2207141
So clearly his eyebrow tilt changed so that now in 2023, his face looks, well, "lifted." In 2010, his face looked much more natural. He also had signs of grey hairs in 2010, but has 0 grey hair now. Either way, he looks good for his age, but he still doesn't look young. He copes with "muh biological age is 31, much younger than muh chronological age" but he doesn't understand that women don't care about how old his cells are. Do you look 31 tho? No? It's over.

Basically there is controversy around Resveratrol, which is a supplement Dr. Sinclair is trying to sell to the masses. It doesn't seem to work for anti-aging.

Lastly, he has a podcast from early 2022, and one episode focuses on cosmetic aging.
Basically, there are posters on this forum with more knowledge than Sinclair on topics like collagen synthesis, prp, minoxidil, finasteride, and other water stuff. Aside from his supplements, there is no new information in this video.

In Summary:
Looksmaxing is all about looking young and handsome. Buying a lot of expensive supplements like NR, NMN, Resveratrol, Fisetin, etc. is likely a total waste of money if your goal is to LOOK young. The same might be true for intermittent fasting. I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT CELLULAR AGING. I'm not a scientist. I didn't research the biological implications of these drugs. If these supplements help you feel younger and help with athleticism, then that's great. My point is, if these things don't help with our looks, then they are useless for our SMV. The world's leading anti-aging researchers have access to the newest, state-of-the-art medical therapies and supplements, yet they continue to age like normal people. So you should spend money on surgeries and cosmetic procedures like fillers and botox instead.

Tagging serious anti-agingmaxers: @eduardkoopman @Seth Walsh @Deusmaximus @enchanted_elixir @Corleone @Amnesia

They're reducing the rate of aging (and doing it very well) , reversing is possible but there has been zero drastic (15+ years) epigenetic and physical aging reversal.

• +1
If Bryan Johnson could reverse the aging in his bones, he'd be super famous by now. I have yet to see anyone at all reverse that age of his bones. Bryan is a fantastic guy with a fantastic plan but he needs to solve bone aging. That's why he has the skin of a child but the bone age of a 40 year old. Therefore he looks like he's both.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: GalacticHero and looksseg
all these supplements and autistic things they do are memes, just take epitalon and mitochondrially targeted antioxidants

• +1
. With the assistance of these supplements, the doctors featured here should have aged noticeably less than the average boomer. But they did not (or if they did, then barely).
imo. They do look 5-10 years younger.

Unfortunately, no. I haven't found anything to prevent the age-related changes in facial fat pads that are a major contributor to perceived facial age. We need to go back to basics for this. We need to understand their anatomy, interconnectedness with other deep facial tissues, the biology of adipogenesis in those fat pads and underlying molecular biology processes that go awry with aging in this particular tissue. Then we can identify target for small molecules (or repurpose existing drugs) and/or other interventions.

Fillers simply mask and it is just terribly low IQ as the underlying process continues unabated.
I agree.
Experimenting with Volufiline atm.

Most basef though. Fat grafts. They give good results

The multi-millionaire anti-ager, bryan johnson, is the worst one. He spends 2mil on literally every anti-aging "research" backed BS and he looks like an actual alien subhuman creature. JFL

He looks much younger now

I agree.
Experimenting with Volufiline atm.

Most basef though. Fat grafts. They give good results
Fat grafts: expensive. Highly dependent on skill of surgeon. Low graft survival. Different gene expression/epigenomic signature (and thus response to stimuli) of belly fat (often site of autograf) vs under eye fat or cheek fat.

Volufiline probably doesn’t work and you need to adjust for things when making subjective assessments like lightning, angles, sleep, psychological state etc. still keep up updated. Worst case you ll just waste time/money

Fat grafts: expensive. Highly dependent on skill of surgeon. Low graft survival. Different gene expression/epigenomic signature (and thus response to stimuli) of belly fat (often site of autograf) vs under eye fat or cheek fat.
ngl. good results I seen. giving people another -10 years in looks,
Volufiline probably doesn’t work and you need to adjust for things when making subjective assessments like lightning, angles, sleep, psychological state etc. still keep up updated. Worst case you ll just waste time/money
It helps a little bit. in my case. it's limited, but helps a tiny bit.

• +1
Reactions: DrTony
If Bryan Johnson could reverse the aging in his bones, he'd be super famous by now. I have yet to see anyone at all reverse that age of his bones. Bryan is a fantastic guy with a fantastic plan but he needs to solve bone aging. That's why he has the skin of a child but the bone age of a 40 year old. Therefore he looks like he's both.
i think one of our main priorities has to be maintaining fat pads imo, we already know how to maintain collagen but fat pads always make it obvious how old you are

Here he is in 2016:

View attachment 2207015

And here he is in 2023:
View attachment 2207020

Dr. Mark Hyman.
View attachment 2207043

And here he is in 2023:
View attachment 2207034

Here he is in 2010:
View attachment 2207141

In Summary:

these guys age really fucking fast lol

We're still miles away from actual anti-aging and actually being able to repair the ECM. All this resveratrol, fasting, whatever the fuck won't make you look like your 20 for the rest of your life
The multi-millionaire anti-ager, bryan johnson, is the worst one. He spends 2mil on literally every anti-aging "research" backed BS and he looks like an actual alien subhuman creature. JFL
Bryan Johnson has a net positive impact on the anti-aging community. Yeah he looks like a gay alien but his youtube channel and videos about him are going viral. It's all about getting the idea that looking young forever is achievable into the mainstream. 3 years ago no one cared about collagen, elastin, etc. even within the anti-aging community

It's because they're workcels who have families.

Teaching is a different skill set from actually doing it.
Honestly I can't think of anyone that looks young (under 25) above the age of like 30 or so. I know some anti-aging/longevity basement dwellers on discord that spend their whole life on this shit, avoiding the sun, using tret, fasting, etc, but they still look their age for the most part

I don't listen to anyone who shills any sort of supplement. That is a good rule of thumb when considering these public figures. There isn't anything in a supplement which isn't better derived from a real food in terms of its ratio to other nutrients and the bioavailability of its chemical form.

Regarding the skin, I view it the same as teeth or bone. What ages the teeth is not usage of teeth or excessive chewing (ie external damage), it's malnutrition causing the teeth to decay and not regenerate themselves. Same with the skin, it is evolved to take a certain appropriate level of UV exposure. What causes the ageing is malnutrition preventing low-level repairs to damage. My line of thinking is analogous to Dr Ramiel Nagel's work on tooth decay which courted controversy since he shows (similar to Weston Price) that eliminating modern foods reverses tooth decay much to the anger of some dentists who want to believe a drill is the only solution. If diet can destroy a tissue as resilient as teeth from the inside out, imagine what it does to skin.

• +1
Reactions: oldcell
Highly informative post, I couldn‘t have said it any better.

I‘ve gotten better anti-aging advice on here than from all of these snake-oil salesmen combined, „muh cel age is early 30s“ JFL. Wrinkly retard.

Eat liver, which is rich in vitamin A, reduce PUFAS and get a moderate amount of sun. Don‘t over-eat, don‘t under-eat.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: spirili, Youㅤ and oldcell

Here he is in 2016:

View attachment 2207015

And here he is in 2023:
View attachment 2207020

Dr. Mark Hyman.
View attachment 2207043

And here he is in 2023:
View attachment 2207034

Here he is in 2010:
View attachment 2207141

In Summary:

Looking old has nothing to do with health

It’s all about replaceling lost volume

They all areselling snake oil

Whats really work is finasteride as we saw from people like AshtonKutcher , JAred LEto, Brad Pitt its about blocking DTH

Diet plays a huge part obviously too, plus staying active and working out ( short and intense lifting not running it will age the shit out of you)

• +1
598dcb4d0dafe80ab52241e6
Chuando Tan

Reminder that this guy is in his mid fifties. He says that he eats a healthy diet and exercises regularly, but doesn't do anything overly special. He admits to dyeing his hair, but that's it.

Genetics. Be born lucky.

The volufilinejew has been shilling their cope product hard here

View attachment 2353205View attachment 2353206

Reminder that this guy is in his mid fifties. He says that he eats a healthy diet and exercises regularly, but doesn't do anything overly special. He admits to dyeing his hair, but that's it.

Genetics. Be born lucky.

Asians tend to have high cheekbone mass + excess buccal fat + high buccal fat retention. I believe all 3, but most importantly cheekbone mass helps keep everything in place

The volufilinejew has been shilling their cope product hard here.

Just lmfao @ these new fags who don’t even use Vollufiline

Look Vollufiline can plump up the area slightly (basically makes existing fat swell/plump up more and it’s barely even noticeable)

But to say it has anything to do with restoring facial fat pads just lmfao @ these retards

• +1
Reactions: Yoke
Bump, great thread, although I do wonder if the reason they weren’t successful is because of their flawed approaches to anti aging

For example Eric berg just has an average “healthy” American diet:

“His breakfast includes 4 eggs, cheese, avocado, and hormone free-bacon occasionally. For lunch, he will eat a massive salad with some protein (beef - not lean or other meat). For dinner, he will have some other vegetable dish with a small amount of protein OR cheese”

Not like that would slow aging by that much. Too much PUFA and cheese is not optimal. Optimal diet, lifestyle, and medical treatment could potentially slow aging more effectively

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: spirili
So it turns out Jason fung just eats a low carb diet and does some intermittent fasting stuff. Not exactly anything special, and his foods he recommends are just standard “healthy” foods, many too high in PUFA.

David Sinclair is basically just a vegan who takes some supplements (and the effectiveness of NMN and resveratrol are questionable)

“He also continuously drinks water and hot tea throughout the day until dinner. Once dinner arrives, Sinclair consumes plant- and nut-based meals, including rice, almonds, couscous, crushed cassava, and milk made from nuts. Interestingly, Sinclair has completely eliminated alcohol from his diet.”

Mark Hyman:

“I always make vegetables the main dish like stir-fried broccolini, mushrooms, and sweet potatoes, made with healthy fats like avocado oil. Then I have a serving of protein like grass-fed steak, pasture-raised chicken, or wild-caught fish.”

So again just the standard “healthy” American diet

Avocado oil is not ideal, it’s only “healthy” because most people eat oils that are much worse like soybean oil

I think if you do a low PUFA diet and ACTUALLY optimize other things for slowing aging you could get results unlike these “experts” who don’t know how to have a good diet

Bump, great thread, although I do wonder if the reason they weren’t successful is because of their flawed approaches to anti aging

For example Eric berg just has an average “healthy” American diet:

“His breakfast includes 4 eggs, cheese, avocado, and hormone free-bacon occasionally. For lunch, he will eat a massive salad with some protein (beef - not lean or other meat). For dinner, he will have some other vegetable dish with a small amount of protein OR cheese”

Not like that would slow aging by that much. Too much PUFA and cheese is not optimal. Optimal diet, lifestyle, and medical treatment could potentially slow aging more effectively
So it turns out Jason fung just eats a low carb diet and does some intermittent fasting stuff. Not exactly anything special, and his foods he recommends are just standard “healthy” foods, many too high in PUFA.

David Sinclair is basically just a vegan who takes some supplements (and the effectiveness of NMN and resveratrol are questionable)

“He also continuously drinks water and hot tea throughout the day until dinner. Once dinner arrives, Sinclair consumes plant- and nut-based meals, including rice, almonds, couscous, crushed cassava, and milk made from nuts. Interestingly, Sinclair has completely eliminated alcohol from his diet.”

Mark Hyman:

“I always make vegetables the main dish like stir-fried broccolini, mushrooms, and sweet potatoes, made with healthy fats like avocado oil. Then I have a serving of protein like grass-fed steak, pasture-raised chicken, or wild-caught fish.”

So again just the standard “healthy” American diet

Avocado oil is not ideal, it’s only “healthy” because most people eat oils that are much worse like soybean oil

I think if you do a low PUFA diet and ACTUALLY optimize other things for slowing aging you could get results unlike these “experts” who don’t know how to have a good diet
@mvp2v1

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
Honestly I can't think of anyone that looks young (under 25) above the age of like 30 or so. I know some anti-aging/longevity basement dwellers on discord that spend their whole life on this shit, avoiding the sun, using tret, fasting, etc, but they still look their age for the most part
Its rare but there are a few cases, for example Ralph Macchio (karate kid actor). He looked like 16 years old at 30. He started to age and look adult at 34 more or less. Now he is 60 and looks early 40's at most.

This is him at 30.

And this is him though the years (he was born in 1961):

Another example of looking like a teen in adult years is Thomas Brodie-Sangster. In the picture bellow he is 25 and looks 10 years younger. The next picture is him at 32 and he looks younger than the average 25 year old. Then you have people that look no older than 30 during so many years, until theyre in their 50's, like Jared Leto.

Attachments

• 1699593259373.png
    1699593259373.png
    253.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1699593505306.png
    1699593505306.png
    774 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: spirili
Its rare but there are a few cases, for example Ralph Macchio (karate kid actor). He looked like 16 years old at 30. He started to age and look adult at 34 more or less. Now he is 60 and looks early 40's at most.

View attachment 2543009This is him at 30.

Another example of looking like a teen in adult years is Thomas Brodie-Sangster. In the picture bellow he is 25 and looks 10 years younger. The next picture is him at 32 and he looks younger than the average 25 year old. Then you have people that look no older than 30 during so many years, until theyre in their 50's, like Jared Leto.

This guy looks like a low T bich like michael cera , needs to robust pretty boy max

View attachment 2543009This is him at 30.

Brutal gene pill

There's a fantastic anti aging pill already on the market it's called dutasteride

I agree ofc that it's generally better to live to 100+ than to die at 80, unless the remaining years are miserable because of physical ailments. That's why these researchers are trying to expand one's "healthspan," meaning the years during which people are healthy overall. It's not good enough to prolong one's life if a person is suffering through chemotherapy all the time or something similar.

Dude AI researchers are starting to make predictions about AI singularity coming in LESS than 10 years, this is the time to enjoy life at its fullest because either every problem will be solved or human extinction thanks to rogue AI, either way, these 10 years are the only timeline that will matter in your life

fat grafting + lifting can take decades from ones face

what's your take on those?

also, maintenance of electrostimulation through russian current on face can prevent muscle thinning from aging and even turn white fiber muscles into red ones and prevent sagging to some degree, would like to see your opinion

Does this mean sign language is an anti-aging exercise because you have to make lots of facial expressions? lol

There's a fantastic anti aging pill already on the market it's called dutasteride
You think it slows other aspects of aging besides hair?

It does, as DHT for sure has a negative impact on aging

Dut suppresses DHT of course

• +1
Reactions: Youㅤ
It does, as DHT for sure has a negative impact on aging

Dut suppresses DHT of course
I also speculate DHT is pro-aging based on the antagonistic relationship between reproduction and damage repair, but could you provide a source on DHT negatively impacting aging?

Yes makes your face look much younger look at Ashton kutcher after stopping DUT

• +1
Reactions: Youㅤ
You can't reverse or stop aging

Only slow it down or mitigate some of its effects

I also speculate DHT is pro-aging based on the antagonistic relationship between reproduction and damage repair, but could you provide a source on DHT negatively impacting aging?
nah, its bs for sure. DHT is crucial for neurotransmitters. Brain fog and dull orgasm are the most common side effects of these jewpills like duta/fin and almost everyone suffers from it. @buflek was right claiming fin sucks.

• +1
Reactions: buflek